Sign in to follow this  
TokoyamiTheDark

Is this Togetic I received in Wonder Trade hacked?

Yesterday I received a female Togetic via Wonder Trade. I was so happy, that I made lots of Eggs, but... I noticed it was caught in a Safari Ball, and it says the Pokemon originally came from Johto. I heard there was a Safari Zone in HG/SS full of exotic Pokemon when you place certain items there but I dunno if there are any Togetic/Togepi out there... So... is it hacked or not? I am somehow worried if I got a HackMon in my game... If it IS hacked, then I will release it. Simple as that.

The Togepi line can't be captured in HG/SS at all, so yes, it's definitely hacked. Not just someone hacking in the balls then capturing, straight up hacked.

OUCH. I do not understand why it passed though Pokemon Bank's legalty checker, so... I have released it, and plan to breed the MALE Togepi I just made evolve, so the babies would be in regular Pokeballs. Thanks for answering my question.

OUCH. I do not understand why it passed though Pokemon Bank's legalty checker

There is a code on the Power Saves that let you change the PokéBall of a Pokémon. Maybe they used this code.