Pokemon Y - Trainer Name Change and Language Change

M4XXX

Hello Community :)

As you all can see I am new to this Forum and would like to ask for help in editing my .sav File from Pokemon Y

(I am using Gateway Omega 2.1).

So i got a nice .sav file from the internet and injected it to my Rom. Everything works fine and i'm happy about all the pokemons and items.

But i have two major problems.

My Game is now in english. So now that Datel got a working Language Changer Code i was hoping that it would be possible to change it with a Hex Editor (HxD for example) is that possible?

Same thing with my Trainer Name.. It is "Ash" now. Can i change it with a Hex Editor?

I already looked at the Pokemon_X/Y_3DS_Structure but it is just confusing me to be honest..

I would be very thankful if someone could help me!

You can't just 'hex edit' a save file as a 3DS hardware-based signature is required.

Can't that Signature be captured in some way? Are there maybe other Methods than Hex Editing?

Let's say i would get a Retail Card from some friend and i would buy Powersaves to get my Pokemon Y .bin save, would it than be possible?

Do i just have to edit my savegame and let Powersaves insert the Signature or how is that done?

I thought it would be much easier to do these tasks because i am not going to edit actual Pokemons..

Can't that Signature be captured in some way? Are there maybe other Methods than Hex Editing?

Let's say i would get a Retail Card from some friend and i would buy Powersaves to get my Pokemon Y .bin save, would it than be possible?

Signature is hardware based and cannot be faked by anyone but Powersaves, which only works on Retail Saves (not gateway/other flashcarts). Flashcart Gamesaves are incompatible with Retail gamesaves, even if you dump and use the same ROM. Gateway uses a bad encrypt/decrypt method. Powersaves won't even let you change the trainer name; you can only use predefined codes.

Again, it's not currently possible.