Problem with the Valley Windworks Honey Tree code

Stoko

There's a code in the official USA Platinum AR code thread, which is as follows:

Revised

Revised By Baka_Kyuubi84

Reduce honey tree timer to 0 at valley windworks

94000130 FCFF0000

62101D40 00000000

B2101D40 00000000

10007FD4 00000001

00007FD8 0101010X

D2000000 00000000

Press L+R then walk through a door or fly. Change X to 00-05 to get different pokemon.

As you can see, the person who wrote it didn't include a list of which X value would give which Pokemon. So I figured okay, that's fair enough, I'll put all six variations into my AR and try them one at a time to see which is which. I found that 0 = Burmy, 1 = Cherubi, 2 = Combee and 5 = Heracross. Great, not a problem, works perfectly. The problem is, if you use 3 or 4, both give Aipom. I don't understand why that'd be, surely one should give Aipom and the other should give Wurmple (as those are the only other Honey Tree Pokemon in Platinum, except Munchlax)?

I've checked it over three times, I didn't accidentally select the wrong code, and I didn't type them in wrong, it is as I've stated. Can anyone shed any light on the subject?

If you look here, you will find a code subscription that has those codes (as far as I know, they work). Tell me if they don't.

Okay, thanks for that link. Unfortunately, your codes are exactly the same as I described, for each location you have two Aipom codes rather than an Aipom and a Wurmple. I don't understand (and thus, my question is) why two different codes work for one Pokemon and there isn't a code in existance for the other one.

And along the lines of your codes not working - well, they do, because like I said they're identical to the one I posted, but you have them labelled wrong. You have genders on them, like, "Get Cherubi Female", "Get Combee Male", etc. The gender and everything else about the Pokemon is random, the code only dictates the species and which tree it'll be. I know nothing about making codes, I just know that when I used it I was able to use it two or three times in a row and capture both genders just fine. You (or whoever wrote the entries) I guess just wrote down with gender it gave them on the first use without realising it wasn't related.

Also, I see you said in your thread that you have hardly looked at the codes for the EU version. Again, I know nothing about making codes, but I've been using them on Platinum for about a month now and pretty much every code I've used has been for the US version. The codes are different, as far as I know, for each of the foreign language versions (French, German etc), but the English EU one doesn't need different codes as far as I can tell. Hope that makes your job a little easier.

Okay, thanks for that link. Unfortunately, your codes are exactly the same as I described, for each location you have two Aipom codes rather than an Aipom and a Wurmple. I don't understand (and thus, my question is) why two different codes work for one Pokemon and there isn't a code in existance for the other one.

And along the lines of your codes not working - well, they do, because like I said they're identical to the one I posted, but you have them labelled wrong. You have genders on them, like, "Get Cherubi Female", "Get Combee Male", etc. The gender and everything else about the Pokemon is random, the code only dictates the species and which tree it'll be. I know nothing about making codes, I just know that when I used it I was able to use it two or three times in a row and capture both genders just fine. You (or whoever wrote the entries) I guess just wrote down with gender it gave them on the first use without realising it wasn't related.

Also, I see you said in your thread that you have hardly looked at the codes for the EU version. Again, I know nothing about making codes, but I've been using them on Platinum for about a month now and pretty much every code I've used has been for the US version. The codes are different, as far as I know, for each of the foreign language versions (French, German etc), but the English EU one doesn't need different codes as far as I can tell. Hope that makes your job a little easier.

*Looks at subscription*

Oh, you're righ.. Wait! The gender is different.

*Looks at subscription*

Oh, you're righ.. Wait! The gender is different.

Must admit, I'm not too sure if you're agreeing with me or not :P Kinda sounds like you are for the first three words, but then the dots and the "Wait!", I can't tell if that's "wait, I spoke too soon, you aren't right" or what :P

In case you weren't agreeing with me, all I can say is your Combee Male Honey Tree codes produce both Male and Female Combees. Because I used the code to catch one of each, the Female destined to be evolved into a Vespiquen. Same deal with all the others you specified gender on, except I wasn't specifically looking for specific result with those.

Must admit, I'm not too sure if you're agreeing with me or not :P Kinda sounds like you are for the first three words, but then the dots and the "Wait!", I can't tell if that's "wait, I spoke too soon, you aren't right" or what :P

In case you weren't agreeing with me, all I can say is your Combee Male Honey Tree codes produce both Male and Female Combees. Because I used the code to catch one of each, the Female destined to be evolved into a Vespiquen. Same deal with all the others you specified gender on, except I wasn't specifically looking for specific result with those.

Just in case you didn't know, evandixon didn't make these codes, GBAtemp did. And GBAtemp does make a few errors, during compiling, i've had to fix up a few mistakes too.

Just in case you didn't know, evandixon didn't make these codes, GBAtemp did. And GBAtemp does make a few errors, during compiling, i've had to fix up a few mistakes too.

Oops. I didn't know who it was, and did allow for it not being evandixon in my first reply (I think I put "you (or whoever wrote the entry)"), but yeah in my second reply I was a bit lax in my wording. Should've said "the Combee Male Honey Tree code in your feed", rather than "your Combee Male Honey Tree code". Sorry about that.

ARDS Gurus aside though, I'm still hoping someone can either work out what precisely causes this to happen, and/or more importantly what the code actually should be.