Multiple questions regarding multiple unrelated (they all have DS rom hacking in common though) topics.

ROM: Pokemon Black 2

Language: English

May I also add that I prefer a tool (of course) to get things done in speedier times, but hex should be fine.

Just thought I'd go ahead and state that. :bidoof:

___

Anyways, hello!

I've come with a few questions, that range from a variety of different categories.

Let's get right to it!

1. How exactly should I go on about fixing the width and height of a file to be able to view an un-distorted version of an image in Tinkie? (Example of distortion can be found here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/distorted-image-with-tinke-hel.354084/)

2. Where should I be looking to change the text and icon (You know, the 4 icons, medicine, berries, em, and 2 others) on the in-battle item screen?

3. I doubt that this is possible, but I figure I'll ask this anyway... Is it possible to allow for Pokemon evolution during battle by, let's say, going to the in-battle item screen, and using an edited item, called, let's say, a "leaf stone", which can be applied to the "Eevee" in your party during battle and have it evolve "Leafeon"?

5. (If possible, and plausible) How exactly should I go on about changing the c-gear skin when a players starts a new game. I would hope that they get one of 3 skins, each corresponding to the players starter. So let's say player chose Charmander- his c-gear skin would be the Charizard (like the one found here: http://www.projectpokemon.org/events/cgear.php)

I believe that's all for now, I truly do appreciate any and all help!

Thanks in advance!

(Props if you noticed I want to try to do the impossible- for a relatively new hacker to add mega evolution to my ROM hack :P)

EDIT ON APRIL 1ST: Is it just my computer or is the text box going from blurry to clear, and back. Is this PP's idea of a prank? Lol.

Edited by HyruleShield

Sorry for the double post, but just wanted to note that I made quite a few update regarding newer questions.

Ah, and may I add...

I must apologize if I'm posing questions that make me seem like delusional, clueless hacker.

These are just ideas that popped into my head, and I'm curious if any are possible/I could use help with things I've read off tuto

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the double post, but just wanted to note that I made quite a few update regarding newer questions.

Ah, and may I add...

I must apologize if I'm posing questions that make me seem like delusional, clueless hacker.

These are just ideas that popped into my head, and I'm curious if any are possible/I could use help with things I've read off tuto

There is an edit button. Use it.

3. is on evolution data.

4. some data is stored on narc data as database (View), but some data is stored on ARM (i not sure about this, maybe i will check it later). you can check on pokemon stat data. you can see my github wiki page for pokemon stat data format.

5. and 6. is too complicated to write on here <.<

8. I already make a video about that, you can see teamfail guide on pokemoncomunity, just follow their instruction if is first time you do that. i just lazy to write a guide XP ... sorry.

Just noting that after doing extensive research and Google searches, I've found solutions to many of my questions. I feel idiotic for asking a few of them in the first place...

3. is on evolution data.

4. some data is stored on narc data as database (View), but some data is stored on ARM (i not sure about this, maybe i will check it later). you can check on pokemon stat data. you can see my github wiki page for pokemon stat data format.

5. and 6. is too complicated to write on here <.<

8. I already make a video about that, you can see teamfail guide on pokemoncomunity, just follow their instruction if is first time you do that. i just lazy to write a guide XP ... sorry.

Thanks! Just for #3, sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but what I meant was is it possible to use an item that evolves a Pokemon in the middle of a battle.

Though, I believe I've thought of a better way of preforming a "mega evolution".

Edited by HyruleShield