HELP! Generating Shinies for Pokebank

Kazemirage

Hello, I am new to this forum, and new to the use of pokegen. I will happily take a redirect if my question is not in the appropriate forum.

While I have used several tutorials, I have only generated a few pokemon. I have come across no issue in generating normal pokemon-- save for "legal" shinies, and "legal" shiny legendaries.

I'm looking to generate a shiny celebi next (for collection not for trade or battle) and am wondering how to do so without error.

I do not have an original ID to use, so I am borrowing those from other sources, or generating my own false ones. Because of this, Pokecheck often returns the message that the ID/SID is illegal. What does this illegality mean exactly? Does this affect Pokebank deposits, and how do I avoid it?

no shiny celebi's can pass bank

read the announcement at the top of this forum, or the sticky from this subforum -- this tells you that this thread does not belong in this subforum or forum.

we're not here to help you bypass bank legality checks, or Pokecheck's for that matter.

I'm sorry if I was mistaken, but I wasn't asking to generate pokemon for competitive play, just for a tutorial on positive IDs so I may make deposits in my Pokebank. According to the memo, personal distribution with and use of generators is acceptable.

This was the only gamesite I could find that had topics related to the use of Pokegen, as Neoseeker no longer allows for the discussion of "hacked" or "generated" Pokemon.

I was only asking for the meanings and corrections of these errors, as I'm not familiar with using the program.

May I have a redirect to a proper forum?