PokeGen on Mac w/ Wine Trouble

ConstantineV

First of all, I want to thank everyone for PokeGen and all the events and such you have cataloged on the site. It's been an invaluable resource, and I know how much work it must take to maintain it.

To the topic at hand: I'm running PokeGen on a Mac with Wine. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to function properly with Desmume. I can upload my Pokemon to PokeGen fine, but when I click 'Save File', I get a ".bak" file instead of ".sav". Desmume can't read this, so I first delete the unedited file completely and then delete the .bak so that only the .sav remains on the edited file. Desmume opens the file but none of the changes are made. It's as if I never ran PokeGen at all.

Does this have to do with having the "Mac version"? I notice that some of the other features don't work. For instance, when I right click an empty box, instead of seeing a drop-down menu with "Set", nothing happens.

I really hope I'm not wasting your time because of my own idiocy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again.