Changing Overworld Items

For my extreme version of White 2 I'm working on I am removing any in battle items from the game to increase the difficulty and make it as similar to online play between 2 players as possible.

I am trying to remove or change the item given by several "item sprites" that are laying on the ground and have failed everytime so far usualy causing a crash.

If anyone knows the way to edit the Hex values to remove/change the item given I would greatly appreciate some help.

EDIT: Hmm not sure what I did wrong the first 4 times but just tryed again and was very careful about what I removed and repointing the header correctly and reducing the number of sprites and vwala worked, If anyone is able to help me with changing a few items rather then simply removing them though I still need help there please.

I just realised ive been removing all of these items from the overworld and some are in the middle of the code such as npc 09 out of 0C, do I have to lower the Overwolrd ID by 1 if all Im doing is removing the 24 of NPC 09.

so that 0A become 09 0B becomes 0A etc. or is it fine to leave the gap of ID 09 in there.