Making Pokedex as National at the beginning?

I should definitely stop asking question... =A=

Anyway, i'm sorry if i created another topic, i didn't felt like posting again on my other thread (since it's not the same "subject").

yeah i have another problem (other was about .narc files, thx to cpan1 again !), well i'm not really in a hurry (cause i can wait for that) but still.

As the title says, how to enable the National Pokedex at the beginning without using cheats? it would be a little problem if, for example, the starters (here Turtwig/Charmander/Mudkip) won't evolve until i beat Ghetsis =s=.

(and if there is a solution, it is the same for B2W2? just asking, maybe i'll edit those games someday...)

Changing text won't really help in this case. Currently hex editing only will change scripts. Find the script that triggers national dex mode and move it so you somehow get N-Dex early. (I've never tried this before so I'm not 100% sure of script.) NPRE can help you view scripts.

Edited by cpan1

Command 0x1C6 activates the national dex in B2W2; you'd have to inspect scripts in BW1 since the command #s are shifted around.

You have to hex edit a script file to include the instruction to add the national dex. Drayano's Blaze Black / Volt White 2 had the Rich Kid unlocker guy at the start of the game give the national dex.

Was looking for a script editor for BW, but seems that no tools exist for that...

I think Tinke is good for hexing' scripts, but i don't know what script have that event, do you know which one contains that? (i think it's when Juniper gives Pokedex, i'd like to replace that with National one)

EDIT : wasn't that a/0/0/2 or a/0/0/3 or something like that?

And maybe if i'm looking at it in hex, which command active the normal Pokedex? in that way i can found and replace the command °°

lol

"Event Scripts" are entirely different from "textual scripts"

There aren't any scripting programs for Gen V (although NPRE has parsing functionality for B2W2) so you're stuck editing the hex manually. I have a few tutorials on my youtube channel.

1C6 is just an enabler that doesn't give anything. Iirc all it does is set a flag. When the pokedex is booted by the player, it checks the flag to see if it should load in national mode. It's essentially an upgrade flag.

In a script, you can't just give the national dex... You have to give the pokedex (default dex) then upgrade it.