Miracle or Luck

Which do you believe in?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you believe in?

• Miracles
    • Luck
    • None
    • Other (Please post why)

If you believe in miracles and something seemingly unnatural happens, of course you're going to think it's another miracle. I haven't seen a single case in which an event couldn't be attributed to luck, but then the miracle-believers continue to call it a miracle.

I don't believe in miracles. I also disagree with the whole "what are the chances of a perfect Earth being created" argument because that isn't even an argument. If there's even the slightest possibility of something happening, given an infinite timespan, it will eventually have to happen.

Or maybe everything is pre-determined because everything that happens, including your brain activity and the thoughts/actions that follow, are all caused by chemicals and molecules reacting with each other...

I also disagree with the whole "what are the chances of a perfect Earth being created" argument because that isn't even an argument. If there's even the slightest possibility of something happening, given an infinite timespan, it will eventually have to happen.

I like you xD

luck is mealy odds landing in your favor and miracles is slim odds landing in your favor both exist if you define it that way

hmm, in my own opinion, there are luck and miracles

luck defines events which has a slim chance of happening and is beneficial to the person referring to it as luck, also not expected by most people.

miracle on the other hand is just what you call extremely rare events that you don't expect to happen, what you call the impossible, and cannot be explained. if it can be explained, it's not gonna be called miracle.

imagine yourself living in the past, where there is no medicine, and your tribe suddenly caught a sickness you no one can heal, many of your tribesmen die, suddenly one of you develops a natural immunity to the sickness, what would you call that event? even if the sickness is just fever?

NOTE: while imagining this situation, also think that you do not know what fever is or what medicine is. in other word, your a primate.

if miracles existed i wouldn't be below average height!!! I believe in luck since i'm just plain lucky when it comes to anything. "even tho i dont give it much thought".

Miracles.

There is clearly a difference between the 2.

Luck is just a term for achieving one's desired outcome usually in the case of low odds.

Miracles are unexplained, well, miracles caused by what appears to be no reason or by a superior being (you may replace the previous few words with the term "God") without facing any odds whatsoever.