Import/Export Boxes with all Pokemon inside?

hron

I'm not sure where else to post this or if it has been discussed before (I've searched).

I'm not even sure if this would be possible but I was wondering are there any programs that would let me export my boxes from white/black with all of the Pokemon inside and then import them all in to white 2/black 2? It would save a lot of time after buying a new game :)

If you just need a program that imports / exports boxes between (raw) SAV files for Gen V games, I could probably whip this up pretty quick. I might even be able to batch the trainer names and IDs, if you like.

I'll be home later tonight; let me know if you're interested. Side note: I'd probably only be able to build for Windows / Linux, but I could definitely give you the source to compile yourself.

You're talking about rom to rom / rom to original cart / original cart to original cart?

I have the original carts white and white 2 carts and I use a tool called NDS Adaptor Plus which can transfer saved files from my cart to pc and back to the cart.

If you just need a program that imports / exports boxes between (raw) SAV files for Gen V games, I could probably whip this up pretty quick. I might even be able to batch the trainer names and IDs, if you like.

I'll be home later tonight; let me know if you're interested. Side note: I'd probably only be able to build for Windows / Linux, but I could definitely give you the source to compile yourself.

I was wondering if it would be possible to export/import the boxes name, background and all pokemon inside and Windows is fine :)

I have the original carts white and white 2 carts and I use a tool called NDS Adaptor Plus which can transfer saved files from my cart to pc and back to the cart.

I was wondering if it would be possible to export/import the boxes name, background and all pokemon inside and Windows is fine :)

if that's the case then pokestock is something you might wanna look into using.

but as i said before you won't get the link trade tag like you would if you had traded (same would happen with any save editor)

the only real downside is that it's a japanese program...so it can be tricky navigating around unless you have a guide or tutorial (or can display/read japanese)

there's a thread for it here

That should be doable. I can't promise an ETA, but I'll start looking at it by this weekend. (Luckily, the way my C++ library is being constructed makes it really easy to export pieces of the save file, like the boxes.)

I put together a quick (and rather crappy I might add) C++ console app to export the PC storage system Pokémon from one save file to another. It should work across all Gen V games regardless of language. There may be some display bugs as I try to work out Unicode output in the console, and I haven't coded the transfer of Box names (which is unfortunately harder than I thought it would be), but it'll get the overall job done.

Here is the .exe file: http://goo.gl/tBzBY

And here is the source code: http://goo.gl/5bFa9