List for Japanese HG/SS - PokeTex?

Screamo

I'm trying to replace an overworld sprite, but I think my list is for the English version or something.

Anyways, my .nds file is Japanese and it's patched/modded. So far I have only replaced one regular pokemon sprite, (not the overworld), but that was a few years ago if I remember correctly.

I've gotten a new computer since then, and I've lost everything. I found the .nds file on an old USB and I want to continue editing this file.

When I open it in Poketex the small picture of the overworld sprites doesn't show up. I think this is because my list.txt is for the English version, am I correct? If yes, does anyone know how I can obtain one for the file I currectly have?

Edit: I totally forgot... A small English patch was also applied to the file.

Just dropping the advice that KazoWAR also made a .btx editor to make overworld editing a lot easier.

.btx files are found in the overworld narc folder.

Thank you! Do you know where I can find a list for the assioated Pokémons? It's gonna take a long time to manually check them all.

Edit: Seems like I'm only finding trainers. What's the path for Pokemon Overworld sprites?

I haven't edited HGSS myself, but it could be but it should be a/0/8/1. The Pokemon overworlds start at 1AC (aka file # 428)

I'll try again. Will edit this post with results.

Edit: Opening 1_428.btx in BTX Editor gave me an error. File not supported at the moment. Maybe I'm using an old version?

Ah, sorry, I just read this in the readme file:

"It can open pretty much all the btx files for trainer sprite.

Didnt really do much with the object/pokemon sprites, maybe later."

So Pokemon sprites aren't supported yet, meaning you'll have to edit them with Poketex.

That explains a lot. Thanks.

Do you have any clue on how I can extract the files with Poketex?

Youtube, I find, is the best method for learning how to edit sprites; mostly because there are so many steps in the process, and written instructions can become confusing.

I used to do HGSS sprite editing a year or two ago, and I got quite good at it, but I have long since deleted all my work and have forgotten nearly all my methods for Gen 4.

This video should explain everything!

[video=youtube;IanpeTRdp24]