Exceeding 24 moves

Does exceeding 24 moves in a Pokemon's Movepool crash the game, or is it just unable to learn those moves without the use of a TM or Move Tutor?

Using Blaze Black 2 as an example, Steelix has 25 moves in its movepool, and the 25th move is Sandstorm, a move that is also available through TM, but does Steelix need said TM to learn Sandstorm, or does it learn it without the TM?

And would having more than that number of moves crash the game, or just not learn the move through level up?

Edited by OrrominGnome
Clarification, Where's my answer?

• 3 weeks later...

It is possible to exceed the 24 move limit, at least using twisted fatal´s method, he explained how to do this on the thread for his level up moveset editor, try to search in the posts there and you will find how to do that via hex, but just so you know its a bit teddious since you will have to hex edit pretty much all pokemons level up movesets first in order to add the moves you will be needing after.

As a suggestion just use andibad´s levep up moveset editor instead (it doesnt surpass the 24 move limit) but however you can replace moves that are not that important to the pokémon or that they already learn in other ways like tutors or tms, or simply remove completely any move that doesnt help them, (which is exactly what im doing for my Ashinyngray project) for example: I removed take down as a level up move from chinchou and lanturn on (Lv23) and replaced that with tail glow instead. Or in arbok´s case i replaced gastro acid (Lv44) for dragon dance, because arbok learns that move by tutor anyway in bw2.