Convert .3gpkm to .pkm

Cilerba

I suggest you load the .3gpkm files in a 3rd gen save file, then migrate them over to a 4th gen game using DeSmuME's Slot-2 link function.

That way, you are guaranteed there shouldn't be errors in the conversion, as the game will do the transfer for you.

But if IR-GTS can do it, and if we know it does it well (I have no idea if it does), then just use that since it'll be much less of a hassle.

Double check the resulting Gen IV .pkm on Pokecheck just in case, though.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem at the moment. It's true that ir-gts converts the 3gpkm files to Gen IV pkm files, but I would have to receive them all in the GTS on my DS, and that would take a very long time (I have about 65 Pokemon)

Is there any way to change the code of IR-GTS so it can also save the converted files and not only send them out to the fake GTS server?

• 3 months later...

If you're still interested (it's been, what, four months?) I had modified the IR-GTS script to invoke the save function before it sends. I used it a bit, but the integrity of the Pokemon made with IR-GTS (And especially the little edit I made, for whatever reason) seems questionable, so I stopped. The name and hold item seems corrupted most times, amongst other things that occasionally get flipped. I would definitely check it with PokeGen/Check/whatever. But you could try it if you'd like. Just replace sendpkm.py in IR-GTS\src with the attached file and delete the corresponding .pyc file

sendpkm..zip

It only saves if it's a .3gpkm.

EDIT: False alarm. There were some Pal Park trash bytes in some places, so I read it a bit wrong, but it seems every Pokemon has nearly the exact same data as before it was transferred. (Nearly, meaning IR-GTS treats every .3gpkm as it was from Emerald, regardless of its actual origin, amongst other lazy things)

sendpkm..zip

Edited by lifesavers2

Well, I refined and specialized the script because I just saved my first Pokemon game's .sav with a Multiboot cable, so it's much more batch-conversion friendly. It still can't process multiple files at once, though (because I still suck at Python). It's such a change, I decided that it deserved its own thread.

You can find it here.