How to insert pgf file into sav file

raky

Tried searching, but could not find a solution. May be I am missing some thing obvious.

I have DS Lite with Pokemon Black and have moved the sav file to the computer using the NDS Plus adpater. Then I downloaded the Mighty Mewtow pgf file from this great website. Now I want to merge the pgf file into the sav file.

The link below says

http://projectpokemon.org/events/

that one can directly insert pgf file into sav file using POKEGEN. But I cant figure out how. Please let

me know how it is done? I tried to open save file and then drag the pgf, but got error messgae "the file does not match any of teh supported types".

If it cant done with Pokegen, any other alternatives.

TIA, Raky

I'll never understand why people use drag and drop over everything else. Seriously, take half of a second and look at the nice menu under the titlebar. Most programs have this nifty little thing that has all the options you could ever want.

As a side note, I forgot to add Mystery Gift files to the drag/drop code.

Thanks for the quick response.

I looked at all the options under different menus, but not sure which option is to be used for merging the pgf file with sav file.

I open sav file. Then I open pgf file, it opens Mystery Gift Editor. But beyond that not sure how to bring the contents of pgf to sav file.

Your guidance will be helpful.

TIA, Raky

Yes it seems I have no clue after spedning a couple of HOURS seraching and trying.

I load the sav file in PokeGen then I goto Tools->MysteryGifts. One the right side I click on open and open the file '048 Mighty Mewtwo ENG [PPorg].pgf' which loads the info into RHS dialog. Then I can click on < to move the info to left. Then WHAT?? If I click on export then it tries to save the information to another PGF file. There is another button 'To Tabs' but that is disabled. I dont know is disabling of button due to my OS (W7x64) or somehow thePGF file I downloaded controls it.

At this point I have no clue how to put the insert/merge the info from PGF file to SAV file.

TIA, Raky

• 2 weeks later...
Yes it seems I have no clue after spedning a couple of HOURS seraching and trying.

I load the sav file in PokeGen then I goto Tools->MysteryGifts. One the right side I click on open and open the file '048 Mighty Mewtwo ENG [PPorg].pgf' which loads the info into RHS dialog. Then I can click on < to move the info to left. Then WHAT?? If I click on export then it tries to save the information to another PGF file. There is another button 'To Tabs' but that is disabled. I dont know is disabling of button due to my OS (W7x64) or somehow thePGF file I downloaded controls it.

At this point I have no clue how to put the insert/merge the info from PGF file to SAV file.

TIA, Raky

Yeah, it wasn't that obvious to me either until I posted in another part of the forum and got a little help. After opening the .pcd or .pgf file and clicking on < to move the info over, just X out of there to close the Mystery Gifts window, then go to File-->Save..., or File-->Save As... to save the file, then load the .sav file and you'll find the delivery man at the Poke Mart.

• 1 month later...

If you can provide a save file with the Mystery Gift stuff enabled for me to test with, I'll check to see if there actually is something wrong.

Edit: Nevermind, I found one. I'm experiencing the same thing, that nothing is working. I'm looking at it now.

Edit 2: I've verified that Diamond/Pearl does handle cards slightly differently and idiotically. I wasn't aware of this before, and it's why they aren't functioning. (No harm is being done, they just aren't flagged as "active".)

Edit 3: It's fixed for the next release.

Edited by Codr