Save File 0b. What do I do?

Reaga

I have a perfectly fine file, but a friend of mine has a pokemon white .sav on his r4 3ds. It's file size reads 0. Pokegen won't read due to unsupported file size/type. Tried a couple converters on a copy of his .sav, and no luck after changing it to 512 kb. What should I do for him?

It loads fine in his. I haven't tried on mine (an older R4 for the original DS). He can play it fine, he just can't Gen, which means I usually have to do it on mine and trade w/ him.

I have the copy I made of his .sav on my desktop, if I knew how to attach files here I could submit it.

When you're about to reply, click the "Go Advanced" button next to submit, then scroll down to Additional Options -> Attachments -> Manage Attachments. There you should be able to upload files.

However, since the save is 0 bytes, I doubt that would be very helpful.

What kernal is your friend using? The official one, or Wood R4. Try Wood R4 if you aren't, and if your cart supports it.

Perhaps it is something wrong with the MicroSD card (just suggesting things). When you plug it in to the computer, try doing an error check by Right-clicking -> Properties -> "Tools" tab -> Error Checking -> Check Now -> Check both checkboxes and hit start.

It might be that there's a bad sector, and doing that will probably fix it.

That is unless, you have a Mac or Linux. Then that won't work...