[NA] .sav file issue

Usaraud

I havent had issues opening saves before with Pokegen, but over the last 24 hours it refuses.

I have a save file created by using internal game save mechanism on an R4 DSi card...

For some reason, its only saving at 256... so I use Shunyweb's Savegame converter to turn it into a raw sav file at 512kb.

Loading in Pokegen gives false information and shows all my pokemon as bad eggs... weird xp values and things like that...

samething has happened with my black save... not sure if its the conversion, or what, but I thought I would throw a word here to see what feedback I get. uploaded both savs and their original 256kb files, (which wont work on Pokegen anyway so I have no idea if they are corrupt or not)

The files with (1) are the converted files

On a side note, throwing the converted save onto my flashcard and loading it through the game.... everything works fine, there are no errors, no eggs etc.

(EDIT) I thought I should mention, I am using 3.01

(EDIT 2) I just went and dled Pokesav HGSS (which I havent used for a very long time) and -that- also reads the converted .sav files fine.... so I am leaning to a definitive problem with Pokegen.... My guess would be a problem with my own personal install, so Ill uninstall and redownload, just to be safe... didnt fix the issue

Pokemon HeartGol&#100.sav

std-pokemonblack&#40.sav

Pokemon HeartGol&#100.sav

std-pokemonblack&#46.sav

Pokemon HeartGold.sav

std-pokemonblack(.sav

Pokemon HeartGold.sav

std-pokemonblack..sav

Edited by Usaraud
more info

I have no idea how you've managed to do what I'm seeing when loading the file. I don't have time to investigate further right now, but it looks annoying. Also, since this clearly has to do with the functioning of the program, why did you not post this in the appropriate forum? If you want my time spent to try to figure out what's wrong, you could AT LEAST save me the annoyance of moving it.

firstly... i really do apologise. i did not realise i could create topics in the bugs board, i thought it was just somewhere you moved threads when it is a problem, and not just someone using the program wrong. i will keep it in mind in future

as for the actual problem... im not exactly sure what happened. the files are untouched as far as pokegen goes... or any other editing program. the files were .duc files (downloaded from gamefaq... one of the europe saves there) and immediately converted using the afformentioned method. they were then loaded in the game using a flashcard and then saved using the internal save.

since my flashcard is being stubborn and refusing to save in 512 format, i converted them to correct size using the site and then tried to open them in pokegen.

i dont understand exactly what the issue could be because the game still recognises the save without any corruptions showing.... as does the defunct and useless pokesav hgss.

i do not expect a quick fix on this one... i do not presume your life revolves around this... nor do you receive anything for it.

but i am curious, so hopefully with some poking around, something will present itself...

OH i should point out... when i first converted the duc to sav file... before running and saving ingame, pokegen wouldnt open it atall.

What kernal are you using on your R4i? Wood R4, or the official one? If you aren't using Wood R4, then I highly recommend trying that (if your particular cart supports it) because the official R4i kernals do wierd things to the save.

atm im using the r4 dsi kernel. i used wood r4 for my R4DS... because the official kernels lacked compatability.

But R4 DSi doesnt hold those issues, so i used them since getting a DSi.

As for the R4 corrupting the sav... surely if that was the case, pokesav would read it messed up too?

I finally checked, and as expected, the save file data is screwed. The checksums of a lot of the Pokemon are incorrect, causing decryption to go wrong. So no, this isn't PokeGen's fault.

alrighty then.

thankyou for looking into it codr