Target game

Codr

Do you ever change the target game with a save file loaded?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever change the target game with a save file loaded?

• Yes (Post and explain why, please.)
    • No

Please vote in the poll above and explain why if you choose yes.

Being able to switch the target game with a save file loaded can cause some issues, and is affecting some things with Mystery Gift support. I'd like to do something about it, but the results of this poll will give me some insight into whether or not I should.

I do change the target game sometimes, but only because occasionally I see an error with some of the met location information and nicknames.

I believe there are ways to auto-detect which information should be shown for individual .pkm files, not to mention .sav files as well, so I do think the removal of this feature would be fine.

I do change the target game sometimes, but only because occasionally I see an error with some of the met location information and nicknames.

That only occurs if you load a file from a generation different from the target game.

I believe there are ways to auto-detect which information should be shown for individual .pkm files, not to mention .sav files as well, so I do think the removal of this feature would be fine.

Yes, but there are no reliable ways. You can only do stuff like checking the origin. Then if someone has a file that has an origin that doesn't match the data, they're screwed without the ability to manually change the target game.

I wasn't advocating the removal of the target game option, btw.

• 2 weeks later...

I change the target game when I switch between files. This is mainly to make sure I have different attack combinations for the same Pokemon in different games. This was good because it allowed me to learn how the program meant to used mainly not as a storage device.