EV Training Guide

Turtlekid2

My first game-related guide. Hope it helps!

To start things off:

Have you ever seen a fully-trained Pokemon (while trading, battling, etc.) with some stats positively monstrous, and others below-average? Odds are this Pokemon's trainer has EV trained it.

What is EV training?

EV training, to put it basically, is influencing your Pokemon's stats by controlling the opponents they battle. There's more to it than that, which we'll get to in due time.

What are EVs?

Effort Values, or "EVs" for short, are points your Pokemon receives when it is victorious against its opponent (most Pokemon give anywhere from 1-3 effort values in a given stat, although some Pokemon give EVs in multiple stats). When your Pokemon gets four EVs in any one stat, that maximum stat will get one point added to it.

So that means I can have my Wobbuffet fight loads of Pokemon that give HP EVs, and it'll get an HP bonus of like, +100 the next time it levels up?

Wrong on both counts. You see, there is a limit of 510 total EVs any Pokemon can have, with 255 is the most they can have in any one stat. Divided by 4, 255 is 38 (with a remainder of 3), meaning your Pokemon is getting 38 extra stat points at the most. However, since you need 4 EVs to get one stat point, there are three wasted EVs if there are 255 in that stat; you get the same stats with 252 EVs, except you can use the extra three in another stat. Thus, the most common distribution of EVs is 252 in one stat, 252 in another stat, and 6 in one more stat. There are 2 wasted EVs here, but it's still better than wasting 6 of them.

My next point to make is that the stat points they get from EVs won't be given all at once the next time they level up. They're distributed evenly from the point your Pokemon got the EVs to when they reach level 100. If you caught your Pokemon at a higher level, you might notice some larger stat bonuses upon level up when you EV train them. This is to make up for all the stat points that normally would have been distributed more evenly, had you caught the Pokemon at a lower level.

So how do I know which Pokemon give which EVs?

There is a complete list here (thanks to NeoDraven for compiling this massive list). For example, Gastly give 1 EV in Special Attack. So, you'll need to fight 4 Gastly to get one stat point point in Special Attack. If you've been following me so far, this is where you may start to freak out.

I don't want to fight 252 Gastly to fill up my Special Attack EVs! That's tedious!

This is where you can stop freaking out. You know the Macho Brace item? This item doubles the EVs you get for defeating a Pokemon. For those of you who haven't done the math already, that means you'll only have to fight 126 Gastly to max out your EVs in Special Attack. Still sound daunting?

Never fear! You may or may not have also heard about Pokerus, the Pokemon virus. This virus is actually beneficial; while rare, it also doubles the amount of EVs you gain. Combine the Macho Brace and Pokerus (if you can get it), and you'll only have to fight 63 Gastly! That's only 1/4 of the original 252.

BUT: I'm not done! You know those vitamins you find all over the place, or in the Veilstone Department Store? These give your Pokemon 10 EVs in a stat. For example, giving your Gyarados a Protein will give it 10 EVs in Attack. Each vitamin will say in its description which stat it boosts.

Note that after your Pokemon has 100 EVs in a stat, vitamins will not work on it. Not only does this mean there is a maximum of 10 vitamins that you can give your Pokemon for one stat, it also means that if you've already fought 100 Attack EVs' worth of Pokemon, you can't use your Protein on that Gyarados.

Combine vitamins, the Macho Brace, and Pokerus, and you go from having to fight 252 Gastly to max out your Special Attack EVs, to only having to fight 38! Now, there are other Pokemon that give more EVs than 1. For example, if you combine all these factors and fight Golducks (which give 2 Special Attack EVs), you'll only have to defeat 19. Good deal!

That covers the gist of it. Now for some of the finer points.

How do I keep track of the EVs I've gotten?

This is where the Poketch App "Counter" really shines. No longer must you keep track with a pencil and paper, just use this handy little App to count how many EVs you've gotten. Press the plus button below the display to count up by one. You can either count the number of EVs, or the number of Pokemon you've fought, if you've already figured out how many to KO.

Where is the best place to train the ________ stat?

This is mostly a matter of trial and error, and many people disagree about where the best EV training hotspots are. Here are some places I like to use.

HP: Route 221, near the Pal Park--there are a lot of Gastrodons; 2 HP EVs for each one you defeat.

Attack: The southern part of Route 212 has Kricketune and Bibarel for 2 Attack EVs each.

Defense: Try Iron Island. There are Graveler, Steelix, Geodude, and Onix for 2, 2, 1, and 1 EVs respectively.

Special Attack: The Old Chateau near Eterna City has only Gastly. There are also Haunter and Gengar if you have a Gen. III game in your GBA slot.

Special Defense: Route 223 North of Sunyshore City has lots of Tentacruel and Mantyke for 2 and 1 EVs, respectively.

Speed: The ponds in the National Dex area in Victory Road have almost exclusively Golbat, for 2 Speed EVs.

The Pokemon I was fighting used Explosion/SelfDestruct! Will I still get EVs from it?

As long as your Pokemon survived.

Will other trainers' Pokemon give EVs?

Not in the Battle Tower or over Wi-Fi battles, but otherwise, yes.

Help! My Pokemon has EVs I don't want it to have!

Not to worry, Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, Hondew, Grepa, and Tamato berries will each lower the EVs of your Pokemon in their respective stats by 10 (the opposite effect of vitamins). Thus, I find it handy to keep a large stock of these berries around.

Are rare candies bad?

Not as long as your Pokemon has already been EV'd.

How do I get Pokerus? (Thanks to Pender for typing this up)

To get a Pokemon infected with Pokerus, you have to make it battle wild Pokemon. Each wild Pokemon has a small chance of having the virus. To catch Pokerus, your Pokemon has to use moves that make physical contact with the wild Pokemon (like Tackle). Once your Pokemon is infected, there will be a purple PKRS sign in your Pokemon's summary page, and the nurse at the Pokemon Center will give you a brief blurb on Pokerus next time you heal the infected Pokemon. To spread Pokerus to other Pokemon on your team, make the infected Pokemon fight more battles. The other Pokemon in your party will have a chance of catching Pokerus. The Pokemon in the second slot of your team has the highest chance, and the others have a smaller chance of catching it. There is only a certain amount of time that your Pokemon will be able to spread Pokeurs to other Pokemon. You'll know that time is up when the PKRS sign is replaced by a smiley face icon in your Pokemon's summary page. For that reason it's a good idea to infect as many Pokemon as you can, even ones you never plan on using, and just keep them in storage (since that freezes the countdown for the Pokemon to be cured) so that you effectively have several viral incubators that you can use in the future to infect Pokemon that you want to EV train. Also, even when a Pokemon is cured of Pokerus, it will still continue to receive the EV doubling benefit of the virus, it just can't spread it anymore.

I've heard talk of "Power Items"...? (again, thanks to Pender)

The power items function similarly to the Macho Brace, cutting your Pokemon's speed in half during battle and influencing EV gain, but instead of simply doubling the number of EVs you receive, they add 4 EVs to the total depending on which one you're holding.

Power Weight= HP

Power Bracer= Attack

Power Belt= Defense

Power Lens= Special Attack

Power Band= Special Defense

Power Anklet= Speed

This actually leads to a higher EV gain per battle than with the Macho Brace, especially if your Pokemon has Pokerus. To continue with the Gastly example, a Pokemon equipped with the Power Lens with Pokerus will receive 10 Special Attack EVs after defeating one, rather than 4 from the Macho Brace, since the EV doubling effects of Pokerus are applied after the four EVs from the Power Lens are added to the 1 EV you get from the Gastly. Also, if you are holding, say the Power Anklet when you fight the Gastly, you will get 2 Special Attack EVs (1 from Gastly doubled by Pokerus) and eight Speed EVs (the Power items give you their four EVs no matter what Pokemon you fight, and will still be doubled by Pokerus even if the Pokemon you fight didn't give you a corresponding EV point. So if you fight something that gives you 3 EVs in a particular stat, and you are wearing the Power item for the same stat, and have Pokerus, then you'll receive a whopping 14 EVs from that fight! I hope this was an adequate explanation and that I didn't get anything wrong (feel free to correct me if I did). I'm not sure if this spoiler thing was necessary, but I may as well use it. Oh, and one last thing. You can buy the Power items from the Battle Frontier shop (16 BP each).

How about some more details about vitamins? (thanks to Ninja Soldier Raiden)

1x Carbos = 10 evs for Speed

1x Protein = 10 evs for Attack

1x Calcium = 10evs for SP attack

1x Zinc = 10 evs for SP defence

1x Iron = 10evs for Defence

1x HP UP = 10 evs for HP

That's about all I can think of regarding the subject. If anyone has any suggestions about the guide, PM me.

Edited by Turtlekid2
Improvements!

OMG THAT GUIDE WAS GOOD! I THINK I GET IT NOW. THANKS TO YOUR EASY TO UNDERSTAND GUIDE, SHORT AND TO THE POINT, AND USE OF PROPER MATH TO SHOW WHAT YOU REALLY HAVE TO DO! AMAZING!

I already covered items/vitamins in the guide...

Quote by second poster: "I suggest adding the item potion like this

The Vitamins

1x HP UP = 10 evs for HP

Remember. you can only do 10...

in the first post give credit if you like .."

Turtlekid2 I skimmed your guide briefly to see if I can back you up and well I will say that you did mention them but you really only touched the surface on those items. What the other person did (srry forgot the name) was far more elaborating on the game. So you could edit your post adding that list in and give credit to the poster who brought the awareness to your guide. Now I've read it though that was my first post. This part was an edit.

PS. I'm sorry that your first two post comments had to be like this I really do think that it is a good guide

Edited by pokemonfan
I finished reading the guide actually and I wanted to comment

Great guide, but there is one thing I can think of that should probably be added. You didn't make any mention of the Power items.

The power items function similarly to the Macho Brace, cutting your Pokemon's speed in half during battle and influencing EV gain, but instead of simply doubling the number of EVs you receive, they add 4 EVs to the total depending on which one you're holding.

Power Weight= HP

Power Bracer= Attack

Power Belt= Defense

Power Anklet= Speed

This actually leads to a higher EV gain per battle than with the Macho Brace, especially if your Pokemon has Pokerus. To continue with the Gastly example, a Pokemon equipped with the Power Lens with Pokerus will receive 10 Special Attack EVs after defeating one, rather than 4 from the Macho Brace, since the EV doubling effects of Pokerus are applied after the four EVs from the Power Lens are added to the 1 EV you get from the Gastly. Also, if you are holding, say the Power Anklet when you fight the Gastly, you will get 2 Special Attack EVs (1 from Gastly doubled by Pokerus) and eight Speed EVs (the Power items give you their four EVs no matter what Pokemon you fight, and will still be doubled by Pokerus even if the Pokemon you fight didn't give you a corresponding EV point. So if you fight something that gives you 3 EVs in a particular stat, and you are wearing the Power item for the same stat, and have Pokerus, then you'll receive a whopping 14 EVs from that fight! I hope this was an adequate explanation and that I didn't get anything wrong (feel free to correct me if I did). I'm not sure if this spoiler thing was necessary, but I may as well use it. Oh, and one last thing. You can buy the Power items from the Battle Frontier shop (16 BP each).

Great guide, but there is one thing I can think of that should probably be added. You didn't make any mention of the Power items.

Power Weight= HP

Power Bracer= Attack

Power Belt= Defense

Power Anklet= Speed

Wow! Good stuff, I've never even heard of those items. I kind of feel sorry for Turtlekid 2 for being negated all this time. I'll make sure to remember that though pender.

Ps. your name is nice and short easy to remember!

Here's everything I could think of about Pokerus that hasn't already been covered. If I missed something feel free to expand on it.

To get a Pokemon infected with Pokerus, you have to make it battle wild Pokemon. Each wild Pokemon has a small chance of having the virus. To catch Pokerus, your Pokemon has to use moves that make physical contact with the wild Pokemon (like Tackle). Once your Pokemon is infected, there will be a purple PKRS sign in your Pokemon's summary page, and the nurse at the Pokemon Center will give you a brief blurb on Pokerus next time you heal the infected Pokemon. To spread Pokerus to other Pokemon on your team, make the infected Pokemon fight more battles. The other Pokemon in your party will have a chance of catching Pokerus. The Pokemon in the second slot of your team has the highest chance, and the others have a smaller chance of catching it. There is only a certain amount of time that your Pokemon will be able to spread Pokeurs to other Pokemon. You'll know that time is up when the PKRS sign is replaced by a smiley face icon in your Pokemon's summary page. For that reason it's a good idea to infect as many Pokemon as you can, even ones you never plan on using, and just keep them in storage (since that freezes the countdown for the Pokemon to be cured) so that you effectively have several viral incubators that you can use in the future to infect Pokemon that you want to EV train. Also, even when a Pokemon is cured of Pokeurs, it will still continue to receive the EV doubling benefit of the virus, it just can't spread it anymore.

Here's everything I could think of about Pokerus that hasn't already been covered. If I missed something feel free to expand on it.

To get a Pokemon infected with Pokerus, you have to make it battle wild Pokemon. Each wild Pokemon has a small chance of having the virus. To catch Pokerus, your Pokemon has to use moves that make physical contact with the wild Pokemon (like Tackle). Once your Pokemon is infected, there will be a purple PKRS sign in your Pokemon's summary page, and the nurse at the Pokemon Center will give you a brief blurb on Pokerus next time you heal the infected Pokemon. To spread Pokerus to other Pokemon on your team, make the infected Pokemon fight more battles. The other Pokemon in your party will have a chance of catching Pokerus. The Pokemon in the second slot of your team has the highest chance, and the others have a smaller chance of catching it. There is only a certain amount of time that your Pokemon will be able to spread Pokeurs to other Pokemon. You'll know that time is up when the PKRS sign is replaced by a smiley face icon in your Pokemon's summary page. For that reason it's a good idea to infect as many Pokemon as you can, even ones you never plan on using, and just keep them in storage (since that freezes the countdown for the Pokemon to be cured) so that you effectively have several viral incubators that you can use in the future to infect Pokemon that you want to EV train. Also, even when a Pokemon is cured of Pokeurs, it will still continue to receive the EV doubling benefit of the virus, it just can't spread it anymore.

Once again, good information but you did leave out a few things. For one the chance of actually battling a pokemon with pokerus is just a bit higher then finding a shiny pokemon in the wild. I would use pokesav to get it onto a pokemon. Now spreading pokerus is easy I developed a technique for it here it is:

Member 1: pokerus Member 2

Member3: Member 4:

Member 5: Member 6:

So Member 1 has pokerus have it battle a few times then member 2 should get it which is perfect. Once member 2 has it then switch member 2 and member three around so it will look like this

Member 1: pokerus Member 3:

Member 2: Pokerus Member 4:

Member 5: member 6:

Then battle some more and when member 3 gets pokerus member 4 will too. So then you switch member 3 and member 5.

Member 1: pokerus Member 5

Member 2: pokerus Member 4: Pokerus

Member 3: pokerus Member 6

Then battle a few more times and all of the pokemon should have pokerus in your party. Be warned at midnight any pokemon with pokerus in your party will be cured at midnight. If the pokemon is in your PC though it wont be cured.

Sorry if i am being rude but im just putting every thing posted here together

Have you ever seen a fully-trained Pokemon (while trading, battling, etc.) with some stats positively monstrous, and others below-average? Odds are this Pokemon's trainer has EV trained it.

What is EV training?

EV training, to put it basically, is influencing your Pokemon's stats by controlling the opponents they battle. There's more to it than that, which we'll get to in due time.

What are EVs?

Effort Values, or "EVs" for short, are points your Pokemon receives when it is victorious against its opponent (most Pokemon give anywhere from 1-3 effort values in a given stat, although some Pokemon give EVs in multiple stats). When your Pokemon gets four EVs in any one stat, that maximum stat will get one point added to it.

So that means I can have my Wobbuffet fight loads of Pokemon that give HP EVs, and it'll get an HP bonus of like, +100 the next time it levels up?

Wrong on both counts. You see, there is a limit of 510 total EVs any Pokemon can have, with 255 is the most they can have in any one stat. Divided by 4, 255 is 38 (with a remainder of 3), meaning your Pokemon is getting 38 extra stat points at the most. However, since you need 4 EVs to get one stat point, there are three wasted EVs if there are 255 in that stat; you get the same stats with 252 EVs, except you can use the extra three in another stat. Thus, the most common distribution of EVs is 252 in one stat, 252 in another stat, and 6 in one more stat. There are 2 wasted EVs here, but it's still better than wasting 6 of them.

My next point to make is that the stat points they get from EVs won't be given all at once the next time they level up. They're distributed evenly from the point your Pokemon got the EVs to when they reach level 100. If you caught your Pokemon at a higher level, you might notice some larger stat bonuses upon level up when you EV train them. This is to make up for all the stat points that normally would have been distributed more evenly, had you caught the Pokemon at a lower level.

There is a complete list here. For example, Gastly give 1 EV in Special Attack. So, you'll need to fight 4 Gastly to get one stat point point in Special Attack. If you've been following me so far, this is where you may start to freak out.

I don't want to fight 252 Gastly to fill up my Special Attack EVs! That's tedious!

This is where you can stop freaking out. You know the Macho Brace item? This item doubles the EVs you get for defeating a Pokemon. For those of you who haven't done the math already, that means you'll only have to fight 126 Gastly to max out your EVs in Special Attack. Still sound daunting?

Never fear! You may or may not have also heard about Pokerus, the Pokemon virus. This virus is actually beneficial; while rare, it also doubles the amount of EVs you gain. Combine the Macho Brace and Pokerus (if you can get it), and you'll only have to fight 63 Gastly! That's only 1/4 of the original 252.

BUT: I'm not done! You know those vitamins you find all over the place, or in the Veilstone Department Store? These give your Pokemon 10 EVs in a stat. For example, giving your Gyarados a Protein will give it 10 EVs in Attack. Each vitamin will say in its description which stat it boosts.

Note that after your Pokemon has 100 EVs in a stat, vitamins will not work on it. Not only does this mean there is a maximum of 10 vitamins that you can give your Pokemon for one stat, it also means that if you've already fought 100 Attack EVs' worth of Pokemon, you can't use your Protein on that Gyarados.

Combine vitamins, the Macho Brace, and Pokerus, and you go from having to fight 252 Gastly to max out your Special Attack EVs, to only having to fight 38! Now, there are other Pokemon that give more EVs than 1. For example, if you combine all these factors and fight Golducks (which give 2 Special Attack EVs), you'll only have to defeat 19. Good deal!

This is where the Poketch App "Counter" really shines. No longer must you keep track with a pencil and paper, just use this handy little App to count how many EVs you've gotten. Press the plus button below the display to count up by one. You can either count the number of EVs, or the number of Pokemon you've fought, if you've already figured out how many to KO.

This is mostly a matter of trial and error, and many people disagree about where the best EV training hotspots are. Here are some places I like to use.

HP: Route 221, near the Pal Park--there are a lot of Gastrodons; 2 HP EVs for each one you defeat.

Attack: The southern part of Route 212 has Kricketune and Bibarel for 2 Attack EVs each.

Defense: Try Iron Island. There are Graveler, Steelix, Geodude, and Onix for 2, 2, 1, and 1 EVs respectively.

Special Attack: The Old Chateau near Eterna City has only Gastly. There are also Haunter and Gengar if you have a Gen. III game in your GBA slot.

Special Defense: Route 223 North of Sunyshore City has lots of Tentacruel and Mantyke for 2 and 1 EVs, respectively.

Speed: The ponds in the National Dex area in Victory Road have almost exclusively Golbat, for 2 Speed EVs.

The Pokemon I was fighting used Explosion/SelfDestruct! Will I still get EVs from it?

Not to worry, Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, Hondew, Grepa, and Tamato berries will each lower the EVs of your Pokemon in their respective stats by 10 (the opposite effect of vitamins). Thus, I find it handy to keep a large stock of these berries around.

Are rare candies bad?

The Vitamins

1x HP UP = 10 evs for HP

By defeating each of the following you gain the following

For every four pokemon you beat you gain one point to that base stat!

Abomasnow Attack +1, Spec. Attack +1

Abra Spec. Attack +1

Absol Attack +2

Aipom Speed +1

Alakazam Spec. Attack +3

Altaria Spec. Defense +2

Ambipom Speed +2

Azelf Attack +2, Spec. Attack +1

Azumarill HP +3

Azurill HP +1

Barboach HP +1

Bastiodon Defense +2

Beautifly Spec. Attack +3

Bibarel Attack +2

Bidoof HP +1

Blissey HP +3

Bonsly Defense +1

Bronzong Defense +1, Spec. Defense +1

Bronzor Defense +1

Budew Spec. Attack +1

Buizel Speed +1

Buneary Speed +1

Burmy Spec. Defense +1

Carnivine Attack +2

Cascoon Defense +2

Chansey HP +2

Chatot Attack +1

Cherrim Spec. Attack +2

Cherubi Spec. Attack +1

Chimchar Speed +1

Chimecho Spec. Attack +1, Spec. Defense +1

Chingling Spec. Attack +1

Clefable HP +3

Clefairy HP +2

Cleffa Spec. Defense +1

Combee Speed +1

Cranidos Attack +1

Croagunk Attack +1

Crobat Speed +3

Dialga Spec. Attack +3

Drapion Defense +2

Drifblim HP +2

Drifloon HP +1

Dusclops Defense +1, Spec. Defense +1

Dusknoir Defense +1, Spec. Defense +2

Duskull Spec. Defense +1

Dustox Spec. Defense +3

Eevee Spec. Defense +1

Electabuzz Speed +2

Electivire Attack +3

Elekid Speed +1

Empoleon Spec. Attack +3

Espeon Spec. Attack +2

Feebas Speed +1

Finneon Speed +1

Flareon Attack +2

Floatzel Speed +2

Froslass Speed +2

Gabite Attack +2

Gallade Attack +3

Garchomp Attack +3

Gardevoir Spec. Attack +3

Gastly Spec. Attack +1

Gastrodon HP +2

Gengar Spec. Attack +3

Geodude Defense +1

Gible Attack +1

Girafarig Spec. Attack +2

Giratina HP +3

Giratina (Origin) HP +3

Glaceon Spec. Attack +2

Glalie HP +2

Glameow Speed +1

Gligar Defense +1

Gliscor Defense +2

Golbat Speed +2

Goldeen Attack +1

Golduck Spec. Attack +2

Golem Defense +3

Graveler Defense +2

Grotle Attack +1, Defense +1

Gyarados Attack +2

Happiny HP +1

Haunter Spec. Attack +2

Heracross Attack +2

Hippopotas Defense +1

Hippowdon Defense +2

Honchkrow Attack +2

Hoothoot HP +1

Houndoom Spec. Attack +2

Houndour Spec. Attack +1

Infernape Attack +1, Spec. Attack +1, Speed +1

Jolteon Speed +2

Kadabra Spec. Attack +2

Kirlia Spec. Attack +2

Kricketot Defense +1

Kricketune Attack +2

Leafeon Defense +2

Lickilicky HP +3

Lickitung HP +2

Lopunny Speed +2

Lucario Attack +1, Spec. Attack +1

Lumineon Speed +2

Luxio Attack +2

Luxray Attack +3

Machamp Attack +3

Machoke Attack +2

Machop Attack +1

Magby Speed +1

Magikarp Speed +1

Magmar Spec. Attack +2

Magmortar Spec. Attack +3

Magnemite Spec. Attack +1

Magneton Spec. Attack +2

Magnezone Spec. Attack +3

Mamoswine Attack +3

Manaphy HP +3

Mantine Spec. Defense +2

Mantyke Spec. Defense +1

Marill HP +2

Medicham Speed +2

Meditite Speed +1

Mesprit Attack +1, Spec. Attack +1, Spec. Defense +1

Milotic Spec. Defense +2

Mime Jr. Spec. Defense +1

Misdreavus Spec. Defense +1

Mismagius Spec. Attack +1, Spec. Defense +1

Monferno Spec. Attack +1, Speed +1

Mothim Attack +1, Spec. Attack +1

Mr. Mime Spec. Defense +2

Munchlax HP +1

Murkrow Speed +1

Noctowl HP +2

Nosepass Defense +1

Octillery Attack +1, Spec. Attack +1

Onix Defense +1

Pachirisu Speed +1

Palkia Spec. Attack +3

Pelipper Defense +2

Pichu Speed +1

Pikachu Speed +2

Piloswine HP +1, Attack +1

Piplup Spec. Attack +1

Ponyta Speed +1

Porygon Spec. Attack +1

Porygon-Z Spec. Attack +3

Porygon2 Spec. Attack +2

Prinplup Spec. Attack +2

Probopass Defense +1, Spec. Defense +2

Psyduck Spec. Attack +1

Purugly Speed +2

Quagsire HP +2

Raichu Speed +3

Ralts Spec. Attack +1

Rampardos Attack +2

Rapidash Speed +2

Remoraid Spec. Attack +1

Rhydon Attack +2

Rhyhorn Defense +1

Rhyperior Attack +3

Riolu Attack +1

Roselia Spec. Attack +2

Roserade Spec. Attack +3

Rotom Spec. Attack +1, Speed +1

Rotom (Fan) Spec. Attack +1, Speed +1

Rotom (Frost) Spec. Attack +1, Speed +1

Rotom (Heat) Spec. Attack +1, Speed +1

Rotom (Mow) Spec. Attack +1, Speed +1

Rotom (Wash) Spec. Attack +1, Speed +1 Scizor Attack +2

Scyther Attack +1

Seaking Attack +2

Shellos HP +1

Shieldon Defense +1

Shinx Attack +1

Silcoon Defense +2

Skorupi Defense +1

Skuntank HP +2

Sneasel Speed +1

Snorlax HP +2

Snorunt HP +1

Snover Attack +1

Spiritomb Defense +1, Spec. Defense +1

Staraptor Attack +3

Staravia Speed +2

Starly Speed +1

Steelix Defense +2

Stunky Speed +1

Sudowoodo Defense +2

Swablu Spec. Defense +1

Swinub Attack +1 T

angela Defense +1

Tangrowth Defense +2

Tentacool Spec. Defense +1

Tentacruel Spec. Defense +2 T

ogekiss Spec. Attack +2, Spec. Defense +1

Togepi Spec. Defense +1

Togetic Spec. Defense +2

Torterra Attack +2, Defense +1

Toxicroak Attack +2

Tropius HP +2

Turtwig Attack +1

Umbreon Spec. Defense +2

Unown Attack +1, Spec. Attack +1

Uxie Defense +2, Spec. Defense +1

Vaporeon HP +2

Vespiquen Defense +1, Spec. Defense +1

Weavile Attack +1, Speed +1

Whiscash HP +2

Wingull Speed +1

Wooper HP +1

Wormadam Spec. Defense +2

Wormadam (Ground) Defense +2

Wormadam (Steel) Defense +1, Spec. Defense +1

Wurmple HP +1

Yanma Speed +1

Yanmega Attack +2

Zubat Speed +1

Pokerus :To get a Pokemon infected with Pokerus, you have to make it battle wild Pokemon. Each wild Pokemon has a small chance of having the virus. To catch Pokerus, your Pokemon has to use moves that make physical contact with the wild Pokemon (like Tackle). Once your Pokemon is infected, there will be a purple PKRS sign in your Pokemon's summary page, and the nurse at the Pokemon Center will give you a brief blurb on Pokerus next time you heal the infected Pokemon. To spread Pokerus to other Pokemon on your team, make the infected Pokemon fight more battles. The other Pokemon in your party will have a chance of catching Pokerus. The Pokemon in the second slot of your team has the highest chance, and the others have a smaller chance of catching it. There is only a certain amount of time that your Pokemon will be able to spread Pokeurs to other Pokemon. You'll know that time is up when the PKRS sign is replaced by a smiley face icon in your Pokemon's summary page. For that reason it's a good idea to infect as many Pokemon as you can, even ones you never plan on using, and just keep them in storage (since that freezes the countdown for the Pokemon to be cured) so that you effectively have several viral incubators that you can use in the future to infect Pokemon that you want to EV train. Also, even when a Pokemon is cured of Pokeurs, it will still continue to receive the EV doubling benefit of the virus, it just can't spread it anymore.

So Member 1 has pokerus have it battle a few times then member 2 should get it which is perfect. Once member 2 has it then switch member 2 and member three around so it will look like this

Then battle some more and when member 3 gets pokerus member 4 will too. So then you switch member 3 and member 5.

Then battle a few more times and all of the pokemon should have pokerus in your party. Be warned at midnight any pokemon with pokerus in your party will be cured at midnight. If the pokemon is in your PC though it wont be cured.

Items:

Power Weight= HP

Power Bracer= Attack

Power Belt= Defense

Power Anklet= Speed

Credit to everyone here who posted this info

I am just putting it all together in one place

Credits:

Turtlekid2

Pokemonfan

Pender

NeoDraven

Ninja Soldier Raiden

Sorry if i am being rude but im just putting every thing posted here together

What is EV training?

What are EVs?

There is a complete list here. For example, Gastly give 1 EV in Special Attack. So, you'll need to fight 4 Gastly to get one stat point point in Special Attack. If you've been following me so far, this is where you may start to freak out.

Are rare candies bad?

The Vitamins

1x HP UP = 10 evs for HP

By defeating each of the following you gain the following

For every four pokemon you beat you gain one point to that base stat!

Abomasnow Attack +1, Spec. Attack +1

Abra Spec. Attack +1

Absol Attack +2

Aipom Speed +1

Alakazam Spec. Attack +3

Altaria Spec. Defense +2

Ambipom Speed +2

Azelf Attack +2, Spec. Attack +1

Azumarill HP +3

Azurill HP +1

Barboach HP +1

Bastiodon Defense +2

Beautifly Spec. Attack +3

Bibarel Attack +2

Bidoof HP +1

Blissey HP +3

Bonsly Defense +1

Bronzong Defense +1, Spec. Defense +1

Bronzor Defense +1

Budew Spec. Attack +1

Buizel Speed +1

Buneary Speed +1

Burmy Spec. Defense +1

Carnivine Attack +2

Cascoon Defense +2

Chansey HP +2

Chatot Attack +1

Cherrim Spec. Attack +2

Cherubi Spec. Attack +1

Chimchar Speed +1

Chimecho Spec. Attack +1, Spec. Defense +1

Chingling Spec. Attack +1

Clefable HP +3

Clefairy HP +2

Cleffa Spec. Defense +1

Combee Speed +1

Cranidos Attack +1

Croagunk Attack +1

Crobat Speed +3

Dialga Spec. Attack +3

Drapion Defense +2

Drifblim HP +2

Drifloon HP +1

Dusclops Defense +1, Spec. Defense +1

Dusknoir Defense +1, Spec. Defense +2

Duskull Spec. Defense +1

Dustox Spec. Defense +3

Eevee Spec. Defense +1

Electabuzz Speed +2

Electivire Attack +3

Elekid Speed +1

Empoleon Spec. Attack +3

Espeon Spec. Attack +2

Feebas Speed +1

Finneon Speed +1

Flareon Attack +2

Floatzel Speed +2

Froslass Speed +2

Gabite Attack +2

Gallade Attack +3

Garchomp Attack +3

Gardevoir Spec. Attack +3

Gastly Spec. Attack +1

Gastrodon HP +2

Gengar Spec. Attack +3

Geodude Defense +1

Gible Attack +1

Girafarig Spec. Attack +2

Giratina HP +3

Giratina (Origin) HP +3

Glaceon Spec. Attack +2

Glalie HP +2

Glameow Speed +1

Gligar Defense +1

Gliscor Defense +2

Golbat Speed +2

Goldeen Attack +1

Golduck Spec. Attack +2

Golem Defense +3

Graveler Defense +2

Grotle Attack +1, Defense +1

Gyarados Attack +2

Happiny HP +1

Haunter Spec. Attack +2

Heracross Attack +2

Hippopotas Defense +1

Hippowdon Defense +2

Honchkrow Attack +2

Hoothoot HP +1

Houndoom Spec. Attack +2

Houndour Spec. Attack +1

Infernape Attack +1, Spec. Attack +1, Speed +1

Jolteon Speed +2

Kadabra Spec. Attack +2

Kirlia Spec. Attack +2

Kricketot Defense +1

Kricketune Attack +2

Leafeon Defense +2

Lickilicky HP +3

Lickitung HP +2

Lopunny Speed +2

Lucario Attack +1, Spec. Attack +1

Lumineon Speed +2

Luxio Attack +2

Luxray Attack +3

Machamp Attack +3

Machoke Attack +2

Machop Attack +1

Magby Speed +1

Magikarp Speed +1

Magmar Spec. Attack +2

Magmortar Spec. Attack +3

Magnemite Spec. Attack +1

Magneton Spec. Attack +2

Magnezone Spec. Attack +3

Mamoswine Attack +3

Manaphy HP +3

Mantine Spec. Defense +2

Mantyke Spec. Defense +1

Marill HP +2

Medicham Speed +2

Meditite Speed +1

Mesprit Attack +1, Spec. Attack +1, Spec. Defense +1

Milotic Spec. Defense +2

Mime Jr. Spec. Defense +1

Misdreavus Spec. Defense +1

Mismagius Spec. Attack +1, Spec. Defense +1

Monferno Spec. Attack +1, Speed +1

Mothim Attack +1, Spec. Attack +1

Mr. Mime Spec. Defense +2

Munchlax HP +1

Murkrow Speed +1

Noctowl HP +2

Nosepass Defense +1

Octillery Attack +1, Spec. Attack +1

Onix Defense +1

Pachirisu Speed +1

Palkia Spec. Attack +3

Pelipper Defense +2

Pichu Speed +1

Pikachu Speed +2

Piloswine HP +1, Attack +1

Piplup Spec. Attack +1

Ponyta Speed +1

Porygon Spec. Attack +1

Porygon-Z Spec. Attack +3

Porygon2 Spec. Attack +2

Prinplup Spec. Attack +2

Probopass Defense +1, Spec. Defense +2

Psyduck Spec. Attack +1

Purugly Speed +2

Quagsire HP +2

Raichu Speed +3

Ralts Spec. Attack +1

Rampardos Attack +2

Rapidash Speed +2

Remoraid Spec. Attack +1

Rhydon Attack +2

Rhyhorn Defense +1

Rhyperior Attack +3

Riolu Attack +1

Roselia Spec. Attack +2

Roserade Spec. Attack +3

Rotom Spec. Attack +1, Speed +1

Rotom (Fan) Spec. Attack +1, Speed +1

Rotom (Frost) Spec. Attack +1, Speed +1

Rotom (Heat) Spec. Attack +1, Speed +1

Rotom (Mow) Spec. Attack +1, Speed +1

Rotom (Wash) Spec. Attack +1, Speed +1 Scizor Attack +2

Scyther Attack +1

Seaking Attack +2

Shellos HP +1

Shieldon Defense +1

Shinx Attack +1

Silcoon Defense +2

Skorupi Defense +1

Skuntank HP +2

Sneasel Speed +1

Snorlax HP +2

Snorunt HP +1

Snover Attack +1

Spiritomb Defense +1, Spec. Defense +1

Staraptor Attack +3

Staravia Speed +2

Starly Speed +1

Steelix Defense +2

Stunky Speed +1

Sudowoodo Defense +2

Swablu Spec. Defense +1

Swinub Attack +1 T

angela Defense +1

Tangrowth Defense +2

Tentacool Spec. Defense +1

Tentacruel Spec. Defense +2 T

ogekiss Spec. Attack +2, Spec. Defense +1

Togepi Spec. Defense +1

Togetic Spec. Defense +2

Torterra Attack +2, Defense +1

Toxicroak Attack +2

Tropius HP +2

Turtwig Attack +1

Umbreon Spec. Defense +2

Unown Attack +1, Spec. Attack +1

Uxie Defense +2, Spec. Defense +1

Vaporeon HP +2

Vespiquen Defense +1, Spec. Defense +1

Weavile Attack +1, Speed +1

Whiscash HP +2

Wingull Speed +1

Wooper HP +1

Wormadam Spec. Defense +2

Wormadam (Ground) Defense +2

Wormadam (Steel) Defense +1, Spec. Defense +1

Wurmple HP +1

Yanma Speed +1

Yanmega Attack +2

Zubat Speed +1

Pokerus :To get a Pokemon infected with Pokerus, you have to make it battle wild Pokemon. Each wild Pokemon has a small chance of having the virus. To catch Pokerus, your Pokemon has to use moves that make physical contact with the wild Pokemon (like Tackle). Once your Pokemon is infected, there will be a purple PKRS sign in your Pokemon's summary page, and the nurse at the Pokemon Center will give you a brief blurb on Pokerus next time you heal the infected Pokemon. To spread Pokerus to other Pokemon on your team, make the infected Pokemon fight more battles. The other Pokemon in your party will have a chance of catching Pokerus. The Pokemon in the second slot of your team has the highest chance, and the others have a smaller chance of catching it. There is only a certain amount of time that your Pokemon will be able to spread Pokeurs to other Pokemon. You'll know that time is up when the PKRS sign is replaced by a smiley face icon in your Pokemon's summary page. For that reason it's a good idea to infect as many Pokemon as you can, even ones you never plan on using, and just keep them in storage (since that freezes the countdown for the Pokemon to be cured) so that you effectively have several viral incubators that you can use in the future to infect Pokemon that you want to EV train. Also, even when a Pokemon is cured of Pokeurs, it will still continue to receive the EV doubling benefit of the virus, it just can't spread it anymore.

Items:

Power Weight= HP

Power Bracer= Attack

Power Belt= Defense

Power Anklet= Speed

Credit to everyone here who posted this info

I am just putting it all together in one place

Credits:

Turtlekid2

Pokemonfan

Pender

NeoDraven

Ninja Soldier Raiden

Wow great Idea! I'm glad it is all in one place now. I have to give props to everyone who has posted such great information. Someone should put all this information on Project Pokemon Wiki. I can if you want. I'll make sure to give credit to everyone. Just tell me if I should and I'll do it. I've already done multiple things in Wiki you should check out the drifloon page. I have also put my in depth breeding guide on Wiki

Also, even when a Pokemon is cured of Pokerus, it will still continue to receive the EV doubling benefit of the virus, it just can't spread it anymore.

Gah! How come I never knew this?! No wonder I've never been able to properly train my pokemon.... Dx

Cool! I will

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Yeah I will, I'm in the process of working on it now. It will be up soon. If any of you dont like it (I had to clean it up a bit) then you can edit it on wiki yourselves because of the synchronization between the forum logins and wiki. So wiki will log you in under your PP forums account.

"Clean it up"? I rather thought my spelling and grammar were excellent throughout the article...

:confused:

Oh no not that type of stuff although my parts there were messy. I mean clean it up by add things and take out things that didn't make sense in the PP wiki but made sense on the forums. That is what I meant. Your part was fine!

PS. It is up now if you want to see!

PSS. Here is the link: http://projectpokemon.org/wiki/EV_guide