Changing PGF files to PKM files in order to move to my legit retail game.

Danstrife7

Hello everyone,

This is my first post, so please bear with me.

I have been searching through the forums for quite some time looking for a way to get PGF files on to my legit retail Pokemon game.

I have missed past events and searched online until I found project Pokemon. You guys have a list of events for everyone to download with I think is great. I saw that the 5G events are in PGF format though, so I don't know how to get them on to my retail game?

I looked through the forums for a possible converter from PGF to PKM, but I didn't find one. I suppose if I could convert PGF to PGT or PCD that would work, because I know how to use the mystery gift editor. But I would figure that there is no converter from PGF to any of the other formats?

Anyways, what I would like to know is if there is a way to get the 5G events from PGF format to a different format or if I could get those events on my retail game in a different way? If possible legibly (No Action Reply or creating Pokemon with pokesav or pokegen).

I know how to use the IR-GTS, but it only accepts PKM files. So if I could get the 5G events in PKM files then it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for listening.

Hello Requiem,

Thanks for replying.

I recently did download the latest mystery gift editor and saw that it supported PGF files.

I can load the file with mystery gift editor, but I can't extract it or save it as a PKM file. All I can do with it is change/edit it.

I figured out a way to get the PGF files to PKM files, thanks for the assistance.

Thanks for replying. I appreciate it.

Edited by Danstrife7

Hello Nigoli and Requiem,

Thanks for the replies. I figured out how to do it.

I saw that many people have asked about this problem many times, so sorry I asked again.

Thanks for the help and listening. I appreciate it.

Edited by Danstrife7

• 4 months later...

Thanks ReignOfComputer.

I am doing that. I open Mystery Gift Editor, load the PGF file. Move the information from left to right part of the dialog box. But dont see any way to save it. The button 'To tabs' (which is my guess will save the info) is diabled. So please help me what to do.

I am a parent who knows about computers, not about Pokemons and trying to help my kid.

What I have done so far is

- Using NDS Plus adapter I have saved the game card info into a sav file on the computer.

- Downloaded the PGF file for mewtow from this website

- Now I am just trying to merge these tow so that I can transfer sav file back to DS Lite.

TIA, Raky

-Open your .sav file first using pokegen. then go to tools --> mystery gift.

-Choose an empty slot, then click "open file:" on the right side of it, open your .pgf file

-click the arrow " < " to transfer the pgf to your chosen slot.

-exit mystery gift then on the main tab go file --> save file :)

• 9 months later...
Hello Requiem,

Thanks for replying.

I recently did download the latest mystery gift editor and saw that it supported PGF files.

I can load the file with mystery gift editor, but I can't extract it or save it as a PKM file. All I can do with it is change/edit it.

I figured out a way to get the PGF files to PKM files, thanks for the assistance.

Thanks for replying. I appreciate it.

Can you tell me how to change the PGF files to PKM files please i am having trouble figuring out how to do that. and Thanks :)