Wondercard Inspector 1.0

Bond697

I've had this functionality in PIDRNG for some time, but I figured that I should probably move it to its own thread by now, since the checking for both kinds of wondercards is done. The wondercard portion validates the PID and IVs of a given wondercard and the shiny portion validates the PID of shiny wondercards.

http://pokemon.thundaga.com/research/apps/WondercardInspector_10.exe

Usage is simple. For regular wondercards. use the tab labelled as such. For shiny wondercards, use the so-labelled tab. Be aware that finding a match for a plain wondercard may take a few minutes, possibly up to 10, maybe longer. Also, due to the large search space for regular wondercards, you will often find a hit. There is no way to reduce the search space and give better accuracy. However, even if it isn't the exact creation seed, the inspector finding a hit means that it is valid regardless. Shiny wondercards have very specific, easy to determine, PIDs. They're easy to check so those will be instant.

...and no, I didn't rip off the PID-checking functionality on Pokecheck. Might as well get that out of the way now. I showed Pokecheck how to do it in the first place. I've had the functionality in place for some time in my own app.

Edited by Bond697

Hey Bond that looks pretty cool,but can i ask a question?I tried 3 wondercards i rng'd myself.A movie hydreigon,a snarl zoroark from the greek wondercard and a sing pikachu(the one i contributed about a month ago).While hydreigon yielded instant results(as a shiny wondercard)the other two won't show up even after 30 minutes i pressed Go.I hope I'm not overlooking sth.If you want to look into it i can pm you the parametes(for zoroark i can even find the seed if needed)

i didn't think i needed to say it was for gen 5. and,

Be aware that finding a match for a plain wondercard may take a few minutes, possibly up to 10, maybe longer. Also, due to the large search space for regular wondercards, you will often find a hit. There is no way to reduce the search space and give better accuracy. However, even if it isn't the exact creation seed, the inspector finding a hit means that it is valid regardless. Shiny wondercards have very specific, easy to determine, PIDs. They're easy to check so those will be instant.

i cannot believe i need to start quoting myself 4 posts in.

I didn't think people would need to check pokemon that they generated in-game themselves...

No i wouldn't if they were for personal use but I'm actually trading those with people,so i wouldn't like someone using this program and then telling me i am a hacker or something,so i thought I'd point that out