Oyasuminasaii! Watashi wa "Tyler" desu. Doozo yoroshiku.

Full Metal

...I think I spelled the title out correctly, anyways.

Hey all. My name's Tyler. Some of you may know me as "Full Metal" on PHO or PC. I'm a programmer first, and THEN a ROM hacker, but RH is definitely fun, and all of my programs so far revolve around RH. So you know, it's debatable which I do more. I enjoy web design and CSS. Graphical arts ( although I'm not so good at them. ) And programming. Programming is always fun. PC is filled with morons and lazy noobs, and PHO is slightly inactive. I'm hoping this place will be a refreshment, and it looks promising. :)

At the moment, I'm working on a program I'm calling "Geared Sun". It's intended to be the Visual Studio of pokemon scripting. One of the key features is that it relies on a database for it's constants and commands, etc. ( sqlite3 ). I don't have any experience hacking the DS games, so I was hoping to read up on some stuff here.

You can read my writings here.

And here is my google code page, with all my projects. :)

Hello, Full Metal! (With those different time zones, time-of-the-day based greetings are so arbitrary. ^^)

Welcome to Project Pokémon! :) There is a large board containing threads about all sorts of hacking stuff (I suppose, I am not into it myself), so you definitely want to check that out. I saw the websites you are linking to and I think that would be the good place to be for you. Except for your writings off course, that is something really different from hacking and programming! Did I looked too shortly, or are your writings somewhat pessimistic?

Oh, and besides all that, I want to know which kind of music you prefer to listen to? And do you maybe have some favourite artists? Let's see if the clichés would prevail!

PC is filled with morons and lazy noobs, and PHO is slightly inactive. I'm hoping this place will be a refreshment, and it looks promising. :)
Instead of having me as to one who replies first to your topic, I think PP is promising. ;)

Well, I hope you enjoy your stay and do not hesitate to question things!

さよなら!

Hah, that's a good point, actually.

Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

And yes, I am considerably apathetic, and that carries into my writings sometimes.

My favorite bands?

I myself prefer Matchbox20, Rob Thomas, Zebrahead{ Juggernauts -- look it up? (: }, and Paramore's aight too for the majority. Every once in a while I might throw in some Creed, MCR, or Cold { lookup "No one" } I also like music like Ingrid Michaelson ( SP ? ) and Joshua Radin.

How about yourself?

My favorite bands?

I myself prefer Matchbox20, Rob Thomas, Zebrahead{ Juggernauts -- look it up? (: }, and Paramore's aight too for the majority. Every once in a while I might throw in some Creed, MCR, or Cold { lookup "No one" } I also like music like Ingrid Michaelson ( SP ? ) and Joshua Radin.

Hehe, at least you are giving me some information about your favourite bands. :) Most members give a very short answer, that's why. I listened to Zebrahead, but the first which came to mind was 'it is like a crossover between Linkin Park and Sum 41'. I do not know if you can imagine that? ^^ I did not really like the rap(-like) parts, but the chorus and the such is fine... though a bit stereotype. Anyway, No One from Cold pleased me more, I think. I found a acoustic version which I found not bad. ;) Besides, I only know some names of artists (but not the music) but I believe you are more a listener to various rock genres, do you?

And for myself... Well, usually I hate people 'bragging' about their varied music taste (I see such things at last.fm often). But I cannot deny my music taste is really diverse... That's why I do not emphasize on it too much. But, if you like to know it, I will sum it up with my favourites below. :)

In short: I like Classical music as well as (mainly Asian) Pop music, Ambient, Jazz, (Gothic/Death/Black/Thrash) metal, some Rock acts and electronic stuff like Industrial/Ebm and Soundtracks. I shall try to sum up some relevant favourites:

For Classical music, my favourite composers are Johannes Brahms, Franz Liszt and Georg Friedrich Händel (especially for his Opera's!).

For Pop music, my favourites are 장나라, 范瑋琪, タイナカサチ and YUI.

For Ambient music I have two clear favourites, Delerium and Synæsthesia.

My favourite Jazz artists are 웅산, Winterplay and Eriko Ishihara (mainly vocal Jazz).

And some favourite Metal acts... Meshuggah, HORSE the Band, Xandria, Opeth, Dark Princess, Children of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir and (the Korean) Crash.

For random Rock acts, my favourites are Loveholic, Kayak, Frank Zappa (don't know where to list him), 崔健 and Sting.

My Industrial/Ebm favourites are mainly Front Line Assembly, Intermix and Pro>Tech (but I am generally a Bill Leeb fan ^^) and Aural Vampire (more Dark Wave).

Last but not least, Soundtracks. The soundtrack of Descent really is my favourite, and those of DOOM and Pokémon come next.

I realise I forget Country (Shania Twain, James Taylor, Jerry Jeff Walker). xD

Anyway, this is also why I do not like talking about my favourites... I have too much to write down. :D Do you recognize some artists, by the way?

Yeah I thought your name was familiar. I saw you at Pokecommunity I believe. Welcome to Project Pokemon. This site has an emphasis on developmental and research stuff... it seems, so you might find it interesting and perhaps helpful to your endeavours. I hope you enjoy your stay.

PC is filled with morons and lazy noobs

Is that true? :|

I never really interacted with the people there to be honest, only because if I did they'd lock the thread for necroposting or something silly...

Ahaha, no wonder your name is familiar. I've seen you at PC as well.

PC is filled with morons and lazy noobs

Is it, really? I was only on it, briefly, though from my experience, the former seems to be true (at least, in the wifi/trading and most of the hacking section)

Is that true? :|

I never really interacted with the people there to be honest, only because if I did they'd lock the thread for necroposting or something silly...

Yeah, same, though I'd think it's sort of like every other forum. Skill level ranges from person to person and stuff. PC is particularly large, so I find it hard to present a straight answer, as it won't apply for everyone.

Anyway, welcome to PP! :)

Lol, yes. Let me just grab 5 posts with examples.

Exhibit A: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=258076

Exhibit B: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=195659&page=5#125

Exhibit C: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=195659&page=5#130

Exhibit D: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=256190#6

Exhibit E: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=256190#10

I could find so much more, but at that point it would be a waste of time. lol.

I would also like to point out the the vast majority of the noobs there aren't even interested in helping themselves. Here's a lil' asm tutorial I wrote: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=258832

Usually something this advanced would fry the brains of the childrens. But no. Not even one request for help, and I know there are flaws with my tutorial -- I'm not perfect. xD I'm the next best thing though. jaykay.

But eh, I don't enjoy being angry, and they make me angry.

Summer - You have quite a nice array of tastes. :) I do listen to lots of Rock-classified music, but a lot of it ( per se Rob Thomas or Matchbox 20 ) aren't really Rock, they're more of their own genre, as several of their songs don't fit into Rock. I enjoy some pop and soul as well. Utada Hikaru is also one of my fav's. Can't remember if I listed her or not.

thanks all for the open arms! :)

Eh. I know that frustration. It happens when you want to help someone but they want you to spoon feed them every single way. It makes me upset when someone asks for everything and I link them to something I took a long time to write... and apparently they never read it.

Ha ha, I tried to learn how to script, but it's quite difficult >.<

I'll have to try and do it one at a time if I want to learn I guess.