A cry for help with Pokegen

Towelie

Seems this is not the right place to be asking these questions, If it can be deleted or moved that'd be great, sorry for being a noob<.>

Hey guys, I have a few questions about Pokegen and how to use it and was hoping to get some help from some more experienced people :)

So after some B/W grinding with EV training, breeding, egg moves et. etc. I stumbled over this Pokegen/Pokesav thingy and was hoping to make it reailty for myself so I didn't have to ho through all this to get the pokemon I want for competetive battling. I bought an AR and a R4 flashcard because as I understood this was needed for it to work, but yet I can't seem to figure it out so I made an account here in hopes that I can get some direct answers instead of that tedious google digging that hasn't worked out so far. Here goes:

1. Can I get the sav. file from the pokemon white DS game onto the computer to use that one directly?

2. Is AR or R4 flashcard the best/most convenient thing to use with Pokegen?

3. If I can't get the sav. file from my White game how will I get myself a sav. file to use? Can i locate preset sav. files online or will I have to play through another save on an emulator or something?

4. After getting a sav. file will i I go by it just editing it with Pokegen, put it on the R4 Flashcard and play with that card on the DS?

These are the questions that would most likely solve my confusion, if they don't make sense and I've misunderstood the whole point please do explain. I'm not new to pokemon, but I am to Pokegen/Pokesav.

Sorry if theres some spelling errors here and there :>

Any help are greatly appreciated, thank you

Edited by Towelie
/facepalm

1. Yes, a wide array of save files (if not every popular one) can be opened, edited, and saved in the same format with PokeGen.

2. It doesn't matter what you use if it will work. I use an ARDSi for my 4th gen games, but it won't work with BW. If for some reason it won't work, you might need a ds save extractor due to some extra files not recognized as a save by some devices. HGSS also has this problem.

3. http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/995081-pokemon-white-version/saves

4. It depends on the save type, you might have to convert some saves to a different type to match your hardware.

You don't need an AR and a flashcart. Actually, ARDSi's can't extract BW save files, you'll need a certain usb device that extracts every save known for DS. I forget what it's called, maybe someone else could point you to it. But it's like thirty bucks if you're interested.