Modding Pokemon Sprites

Hey there,

I can't seem to successfully use Kazowar's Sprite Editor to modify the pokemon sprites in a/0/0/4, nor can I even extract the narc and then simply replace a .rlcn file to change a pokemon's color scheme.

Whenever I attempt either of the changes and then view the remade narc with ConsoleTool, all the files have been given each other's names and rearranged so that that you'll find, say, Beedrill's color palette followed by Conkeldurr's animation file followed by Rayquaza's backsprite. When I try to play a modded narc, then the game freezes whenever I try to view a pokemon. What gives?

Has anybody successfully accomplished this? If so, what sort of complication is inhibiting this seemingly straight-forward task?

I know, but the pokemon sprite narcs and trainer sprite narcs have an almost identical layout. You can view and export pokemon sprites using the BWSE as well; it's just that it gets real messed up when you try to import a pic. Personally, I'm dying to find out why.

Also, if you extract the pokesprite narc and try to replace a single RLCN color palette, then the entire narc gets messed up. I'd kill to find out why...

• 1 year later...

Bump because I'm having the same issue. I'm trying to replace the files for Ferrothorn with Ferroseed's as a test, but when i repack the files with Kiwi all of the files are jumbled up. I don't remember having this issue a couple years ago when I used it on BW, but now I'm using it on BW2 and this is happening. My method has been just extracting the files within the a/0/0/4 narc and copying and renaming Ferroseed's files to overwrite Ferrothorn's, then creating a new narc with Kiwi. When I check on consoletool, everything is messed up. I also tried with Tinke and the same thing happened.