AR DS problem...?

NekoSabrina

Well I decided to try to update my AR's firmware so I could use it (sooner or later) on Black/White, but I ran into a couple of issues.

1: When I tried to update via the Code Manager.....it didn't seem to do anything (I don't know if Code Manager itself updated, nothing seemed to change there aside from basically reinstalling itself). The AR's version number did not change.

2: When I went to manually update the firmware here, I followed the directions and when I dragged the firmware file to the Code Manager, it said 'not a firmware file' and did nothing.

I'm a bit stumped at this point. Do I need to re-update my Code Manager (which when I say to update it says no updates found, despite the DS's firmware), or is my AR DS kinda stuck? (it's v1.52 by default, and after the first attempted update it still says that)

Well I dragged the update to the white bar on the top where the site said to, not the codelist. I'll give it another try... What 'button that saves your changes' do you mean, though, if I'm not dragging it to exactly the right spot?

Also it looks like despite trying to update both Code Manager and the AR itself (and it seemingly running updates on both), neither one of them changed versions. As stated before, the AR remained v1.52, the Code Manager says it's v1.05). I'm going to see if downloading a more recent version of Code Manager works...

I'm not sure about how old it actually is. I've had it at least as long as Diamond/Pearl have been out.

....No slot for the cartridge...? I have no idea how that would even work. It has a slot for the actual DS cart to insert into, if that's what you mean.

I'm not sure about how old it actually is. I've had it at least as long as Diamond/Pearl have been out.

....No slot for the cartridge...? I have no idea how that would even work. It has a slot for the actual DS cart to insert into, if that's what you mean.

Well, now we know it is not as old as my old one (I still miss it):

HNI_0002.JPG

I guess you could try contacting Datel's support and see if they will respond, other than that, I'm not sure what else to tell you.

[edit] attached picture, my website is down for some reason.

HNI_0002..JPG

HNI_0002..JPG.6802ab305b3271534bd946639f

Like I said, I'm running on the theory that it might possibly be because the Code Manager is just as out of date as the AR itself, so maybe if I got a better version of that, it would recognize the new firmware. I'll report back later if it works or not...

EDIT: Okay, it didn't quite work... I updated Code Manager, but it doesn't seem to recognize the AR now (probably because of the old firmware). So either I'm totally screwed now (I still have the disk, so I can put it back to v1/1.05, but then Code Manager won't load the new firmware), or I need to find a middle-ground firmware that both versions of Code Manager will recognize (odds probably really low on that).

Edited by NekoSabrina

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the double-post. Here's the latest I've got on the situation.

First off, I've updated Code Manager. I'm running it at v1.25, which I believe is the latest version. Secondly, I've managed to update the USB drivers, so it reads my AR now (since I had been having issues due to a change in the drivers between Code Manager v1/1.05 and 1.25). However, I'm still getting the 'not a firmware file' error when I try to update the AR itself. Now I know I have the right firmware (1.71, for the regular AR DS and not the AR DSi), I might try re-downloading it just in case. Could it be possible that I need another older firmware file as an intermediate step in-between 1.52 and 1.71 (something that 1.52 would recognize as a firmware update, but could be updated to 1.71)?

• 4 months later...

Well I still haven't found a way to update my AR yet. In the meantime I picked up an AR EZ and perhaps I've found my answer as to why I couldn't get the firmware to work: the EZ's hardware is different than the regular AR DS (instead of the game being plugged directly into the unit, it's a swap out like that old AR DS shown earlier in the topic). I'm gonna hang onto the old AR anyway, since I know I can still use that for something, but at least I can do some stuff in HG/SS and Black/White now with the new unit.

Speaking of Black & White, since the main topic has codes all over the place, to simplify my search, I would like to know if there are any codes to handle the following (my most pressing AR needs, more or less):

Instant Catch (balls never fail to catch a target)

Legendary Rebattle codes (primarily for Reshram/Zekrom and Tornadus/Thundurus)

Event Items (ie Liberty Ticket and.....have there been any others?)