Cannot access items screen in battle

Only started happening earlier today. I can access it out of battle just fine, however, completely freezes up when I go into it in battle. Now, I was editing the 2.narc for PPTXT earlier, however, I went back to an earlier version when it started showing signs of failure, but this did not avail me. I was wondering if anyone else has had their items screen suddenly freeze up on them? Suppose I don't really need to use it, since I plan to buy a copy soon enough, and can just Pokesav in any Pokemon I want, but even still

• 4 weeks later...

I had something like this happen when I accidentally clipped the items file. On a flash cart it caused an immediate freeze upon opening the bag in battle, however, on desmume, it continued for a while before freezing, filling the bags with random key items. I realized I had cut off the part of the items file containing the Johto-only balls, and the save I received from one of my testers had a lot of them in his Pokeballs bag, which is what caused the error.

I find that a lot of crashes are easier to source on desmume vs a flash cart or no$gba because it will often take longer to freeze, allowing you to see exactly what is happening. I'm not familiar with PPTXT but this does sound like you managed to clip or corrupt a file.

I would take a clean ROM and insert only the files you intentionally editted into it, one at a time, testing between each, to see which one causes the freezing, and then I'd compare that file to the clean version.

If none of the files create a freeze, it may have just been some sort of error with one of the programs you used that corrupted a file.

I mean:

1. you can't replace 2 on US with 2 on JP/EU/other region....

2. My mine is working on myu r4, EDGE (my friends), is working all no without freeze.

3. maybe you was wrong edit on that file, kept that stucture and don't change at except a scipt is safe to edit but is kept on 1 line!