Generated Pokemon won't come up in pokedex?

Shonendo

A regular PKM from 4th gen transfered to B/W using PokeTransfer and edited afterwards will work just fine. However, PKM created from scratch, although every stat and field seems valid, just won't show up in the pokedex. Is there a way around this?

Edit: Leaving the PID blank for the pokemon in PokeGEN seems to have fixed the problem, but I'm still unsure what the exact cause was. Is the PID generated by PokeSAV automatically invalid?

It has to set the PokeDex. PokeSav is incapable of doing that.

For 5th gen PKM creation in PokeGen it will properly change the PokeDex to indicate that you received it.

Looks like this was overlooked for Transferring. Technically this is a psuedo-bug for PokeGen, thus this thread is in the wrong forum. Codr will see it eventually, so no need to repost. I'm sure Codr will correct this when he has time to do so!

<3

It has to set the PokeDex. PokeSav is incapable of doing that.

For 5th gen PKM creation in PokeGen it will properly change the PokeDex to indicate that you received it.

Looks like this was overlooked for Transferring. Technically this is a psuedo-bug for PokeGen, thus this thread is in the wrong forum. Codr will see it eventually, so no need to repost. I'm sure Codr will correct this when he has time to do so!

<3

So it had nothing to do with the PID, but "setting" the pokemon in the pokedex instead?

What was exactly overlooked in transferring and what exactly is the bug?