none of the pokemon i made pass the check

edguitar

Well all of the Pokemon have legit move sets but some of the nicknames are too long. Japanese versions can only have 5 characters I believe. Also delete the PIDs on all of the Pokemon and save it without one Pokegen will automatically make a valid PID for you.

I can't download the attachments right now--I'm tied up with my own Gen'ing-- so I don't know if this applies to you, but I'm going to offer my own experience: Don't believe people who say PID and IVs are unrelated in Gen V. My Pokemon were all being rejected too; I have given them IVs manually. I took two created Pokemon that were perfectly identical, right down to the PIDs, one with natural IVs generated through the PID finder, and one with manually set IVs. The one with PID-approved IVs passed the check, but the one with manually set IVs did not. IVs ARE related to PID in Gen V, so try making sure you're using PID-generated IVs.

I can't download the attachments right now--I'm tied up with my own Gen'ing-- so I don't know if this applies to you, but I'm going to offer my own experience: Don't believe people who say PID and IVs are unrelated in Gen V. My Pokemon were all being rejected too; I have given them IVs manually. I took two created Pokemon that were perfectly identical, right down to the PIDs, one with natural IVs generated through the PID finder, and one with manually set IVs. The one with PID-approved IVs passed the check, but the one with manually set IVs did not. IVs ARE related to PID in Gen V, so try making sure you're using PID-generated IVs.

PIDs and IVs are not related in Gen 5 regarding Pokemon originating in gen 5. If they have hometown in B/W, they don't need a PIDIV correlation. The RNG in gen 5 works this way.

Transferred Gen 4s can have a PID/IV correlation, unless they are eggs in which they should not.

4th gen found PIDs are not naturally occurring in gen 5, so that is not the reason.

If the OP still wants that stuff fixed I'm sure jasterj or someone else will find out what the problems are.

PIDs and IVs are not related in Gen 5 regarding Pokemon originating in gen 5. If they have hometown in B/W, they don't need a PIDIV correlation. The RNG in gen 5 works this way.

Transferred Gen 4s can have a PID/IV correlation, unless they are eggs in which they should not.

4th gen found PIDs are not naturally occurring in gen 5, so that is not the reason.

If the OP still wants that stuff fixed I'm sure jasterj or someone else will find out what the problems are.

Then I can't begin to fathom why one Whimsicott was denied and the other approved when their only differences were IV/PID relation.

I'm not trying to give out bad advice; I'm only offering what I know based on experience.

It hasn't been tested whether or not that Nintendo's legality checker checks the 5th Gen wildPID<->TID/SID relation.

You have a 50/50 chance of getting it right with any PID. It doesn't occur for eggs.

As said in many places, if you catch one with the intended ability and nature naturally and then change the IVs/Nature, you are 100% safe from getting rejected.

PID and IVs are from two different RNGs.

Nature nor IVs have any relation to a 5th gen PID.

It hasn't been tested whether or not that Nintendo's legality checker checks the 5th Gen wildPID<->TID/SID relation.

You have a 50/50 chance of getting it right with any PID. It doesn't occur for eggs.

As said in many places, if you catch one with the intended ability and nature naturally and then change the IVs/Nature, you are 100% safe from getting rejected.

PID and IVs are from two different RNGs.

Nature nor IVs have any relation to a 5th gen PID.

Goddamn bloody hell this was so much easier on 4th Gen.

Not to hijack this guy's thread, but how can I circumvent the TID/SID<->PID issue? Make everything and it's mother an unhatched egg?

I can't catch-and-edit as I have no way to make .sav files from my retail copy of Black so I just make an improved clone from scratch and replace when I want to edit something.

Goddamn bloody hell this was so much easier on 4th Gen.

Not to hijack this guy's thread, but how can I circumvent the TID/SID<->PID issue? Make everything and it's mother an unhatched egg?

I can't catch-and-edit as I have no way to make .sav files from my retail copy of Black so I just make an improved clone from scratch and replace when I want to edit something.

In general, if you can hatch it it's better than a wild one.

Source (RNG Research Thread)

Take your PID (decimal). --> Binary.
Take your  ID (decimal). --> Binary.
Take your SID (decimal). --> Binary.

PID: AxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxB    length = 32 digits (bits)
ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxC                    length = 16 digits (bits)
SID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxD                    length = 16 digits (bits)

A+B+C+D must be 0, 2, or 4.

In general, if you can hatch it it's better than a wild one.

Source (RNG Research Thread)

Take your PID (decimal). --> Binary.
Take your ID (decimal). --> Binary.
Take your SID (decimal). --> Binary.

PID: AxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxB
ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxC
SID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxD

A+B+C+D must be 0, 2, or 4.

Well I set all of my Pokemon as being hatched from eggs, as it's much easier to avoid mistakes that way, but apparently that's not quite good enough, so I'll try making some eggs.

I'm going to be so happy when Legality.exe is updated to B/W. Thanks for your help.