Viewing Egg Shininess in PokeSav

Barmy

Hope this is the right section for this.

I'm currently giving the Masuda Method a try for hatching shiny Pokemon in BW, since apparently the odds are much better this time around. To speed the process up a bit I've just been opening my .sav in PokeSav, opening the Egg's "Edit" page and looking to see if the "Shiny" checkbox is ticked. It has just occured to me, though, that perhaps an Egg won't show up as Shiny in PokeSav prior to being hatched, due to how shininess is only determined once a PID has been matched to a particular ID/SID (which is why a Pokemon might hatch Shiny on one game, but hatch not-shiny on another).

Am I right in thinking this? Or would PokeSav automatically tick the "Shiny" box prior to Egg being hatched?

Thanks

Right, so I don't have to bother hatching them "just to be sure" then? If it isn't ticked shiny, it isn't going to be when it hatches?

Speaking of PokeGen, can I open a .sav file with it, or does it only take .pkms? I've never used it so I wouldn't know.

Right, so I don't have to bother hatching them "just to be sure" then? If it isn't ticked shiny, it isn't going to be when it hatches?

Speaking of PokeGen, can I open a .sav file with it, or does it only take .pkms? I've never used it so I wouldn't know.

PokeGen can open save files, open PKM files, and can create pkm files without having a sav loaded.

You don't have to hatch it just to be sure, if it says shiny it's going to be shiny unless you trade it to a different ID/SID game.