B/W Pokemon legality question.

paulieg9393

I used Pokegen to create three of the Pokemon on my team. When I tried doing those random wifi matches, it said there was a problem with my Pokemon, so I went back on Pokegen and fixed them up. After doing so I was finally able to participate in the random matchups. After a battle I recorded said battle and tried uploading it to wifi, but it wouldn't let me because it said there was a problem with the Pokemon in the video (I'm assuming that means the game identified them as hacks or whatever.) What I don't understand is how the Pokemon were "legit" enough to get past the checks on the random matchups, but they weren't able to get past the checks on the battle video? Does anyone know why I am having this problem?

It will never work if you used ANY kind of hacks. Make sure the Pokemon's ID number is more then 10,000.

What do you mean by more then 10,000?

The PID? But that still doesn't make sense...

What does the video check that the Wifi Random Battle doesn't? Odd that it's that way and why wouldn't the Wifi Battle be more strict then the Video?

I don't understand what the PID being over 10,000 has to do with anything either.

Ok, paulieg9393, I somehow got it to work. Just use the latest Pokegen(3.0b20) and leave the PIDs blank for your pokemon and let it generate the PIDs, and it let me play and upload the video.

Ok, paulieg9393, I somehow got it to work. Just use the latest Pokegen(3.0b20) and leave the PIDs blank for your pokemon and let it generate the PIDs, and it let me play and upload the video.

I tried that last night and it still wouldn't work for me. =/

Can you check out these files and see what I did wrong?

Edited by paulieg9393
added files.

Okay I've fixed all the pokemon, except haxorus and cofagrigus, myself and they are able to be used in videos on wifi. I think the problem with Haxorus is that it's a shiny Pokemon, which makes things a lot more complicated, but I can't figure out why Cofagrigus won't work. If anyone can help me fix them up that would be great.

That's really wierd. Did you make these pokemon from scratch? I've double checked the Cofagrigus and there's nothing wrong with it. It has a correct PID and it has a Legal moveset, EV's, IVs, caught in a proper place and level. It's gotta be something else that's affecting it. Here's the Haxorus too. It was already correct too just like the Cofagrigus but I've given it a new PID too. Hopefully this one will work.

In regards to the Confagrigus, I noticed that the Encounter is set to Egg/Pal Park/Event etc... but the Location is set to Relic Castle. Since you don't have any hatch conditions set, I'm assuming that you caught it as a wild within the Relic Castle. If that's the case, perhaps changing the Encounter to "Caught in a Building" (since the Relic Castle is technically a building).

If that one doesn't work the game might think that the Relic Castle is a Cave? (Due to it being underneath the desert).

In regards to the Confagrigus, I noticed that the Encounter is set to Egg/Pal Park/Event etc... but the Location is set to Relic Castle. Since you don't have any hatch conditions set, I'm assuming that you caught it as a wild within the Relic Castle. If that's the case, perhaps changing the Encounter to "Caught in a Building" (since the Relic Castle is technically a building).

If that one doesn't work the game might think that the Relic Castle is a Cave? (Due to it being underneath the desert).

What Tsujin said^^

I've actually managed to create Cofagrigus from scratch myself. I tried many settings in the (Met Tab) and finally got it. I had to set it to Ancient Castle and put the encounter to Cave/Hall of Origin/Giratina. I'll put a link to the .pkm file for use. You may have to fiddle with the moveset and ev's since i really didn't put much effort into it. =P