Pokégen and abilities

Sonic_Freak

I used the pokégen to make a code for my Sandile (meguroco) with Moxie (overconfidence). Everything worked fine....until he evolved. Now his ability is Intimidate. What happened? I know I could fix it by re-doing the code and changing the ability manually, but why did it change in the first place? And what can I do about it next time? I have the AR code that I could post if that would help clear things up.

Thanks in advance.

Take the PID you gave him (which is in decimal). Convert it to hex. Look at the 4th halfbyte.

zzzXyyyy

Convert to binary. Lowest bit is the ability. Change it to the opposite binary, then piece back together your PID.

EXAMPLE:

Decimal PID: 3735927486

Hex PID: DEADBABE

4th halfbyte: D

In binary: 1101

What I want: 1100 © or 1110 (E)

Corrected PID hex: DEACBABE

Corrected PID dec: 3735861950

This will be corrected in the next version of PokeGen. PokeSav will never have it corrected :)

Sites usually list the abilities of the Pokemon as the 0 ability and 1 ability (1st and 2nd ability). With that you can pick which bit you want!

Take the PID you gave him (which is in decimal). Convert it to hex. Look at the 4th halfbyte.

zzzXyyyy

Convert to binary. Lowest bit is the ability. Change it to the opposite binary, then piece back together your PID.

EXAMPLE:

Decimal PID: 3735927486

Hex PID: DEADBABE

4th halfbyte: D

In binary: 1101

What I want: 1100 © or 1110 (E)

Corrected PID hex: DEACBABE

Corrected PID dec: 3735861950

This will be corrected in the next version of PokeGen. PokeSav will never have it corrected :)

Sites usually list the abilities of the Pokemon as the 0 ability and 1 ability (1st and 2nd ability). With that you can pick which bit you want!

That's a funny jaded statement (I've been only using PokeSav without any such problems.) I have found a handful of the Abilities to not match up quite like sites (such as Serebii & Bulbapedia would imply.) I started catching Pokemon on a emulator so I can view which abilities fall under 1 or 2 because of that.

Um.... that would be a great help....if I understood any of it. I don't know where to find these values or how to convert them. But, that's alright. I guess I can just transfer him back and change his ability after he evolves again. And I can just wait until it's corrected in future versions. I don't plan on using pokégen to make PKMN for a while anyway, I prefer the old-fashioned way, breeding.

But thanks anyway. You at least let me know that the problem is too complicated for me. I can make do on my own.