Difference and Questions

Ryu Shimazu

Sorry if this is unnecessary thread, or I'm coming off stupid, but I have a few questions I'd like to post before I leave to go to work.

A) what is the difference between Pokegen and Pokesav, and which is better?

B) Does Pokegen work on Black/White?

C) Can I make legit pokemon with this? I recently have been using ARDSI to make perfect Pokemon, not realizing it doesn't cover it's tracks(Changeing PID), thus making them illegal. I'd like legal Pokes, I just don't have time to breed....

D) Where to i start learning this? I haven't had time to look on sight, so forgive me for ignorance.

Thanks!

Sorry if this is unnecessary thread, or I'm coming off stupid, but I have a few questions I'd like to post before I leave to go to work.

A) what is the difference between Pokegen and Pokesav, and which is better?

Pokegen is produced and supported by PP and is constantly updated. Pokesav is none of those.

B) Does Pokegen work on Black/White?
C) Can I make legit pokemon with this? I recently have been using ARDSI to make perfect Pokemon, not realizing it doesn't cover it's tracks(Changeing PID), thus making them illegal. I'd like legal Pokes, I just don't have time to breed....

You can't "make" legit Pokemon. Those come only from your cart/save file with no outside devices involved.

Both PokeGen and Pokesav can make a legal-looking Pokemon,Pokegen is simple,more organized and as randomspot555 mentioned constantly updated(in-short).

What randomspot555 was trying to tell you is that you can't make a perfectly legitimate pokemon using an editing device,but it's enough to bypass a Random Wi-Fi check and participate in tournaments ;)

So what you're saying is, it makes legit Pokemon, but not 100% legit(because obviously it's not) But you're the only one who knows it's not...

Sounds great to me! But I need help, where are some really good guides, and does this work on Black/White yet?

I kinda get most of it, except how to get the secret trainer ID, and how to get the Pokemon from computer to the DS catridge...

So what you're saying is, it makes legit Pokemon, but not 100% legit(because obviously it's not) But you're the only one who knows it's not...

It does not make legit Pokemon. No external device or program can make legit Pokemon.

Legit: The origins of the Pokemon come from a cart/save file with no unofficial external devices tampering with the save file. This means you know the origin of the Pokemon to either be captured yourself, hatched yourself, or received from an official Nintendo event.

Legal: A Pokemon that falls within the legal parameters set by the game, but either it's true origin is unknown (Pokemon acquired from trades often fall into this category) or it was made or modified by an unofficial external program or device such as Pokegen.

Illegal: A Pokemon that does not fall within the legal parameters set by the game. The only way these Pokemon can exist is through external programs and devices being used to modify a save file.

On another note, PP rules explicitly state that we do not support cheating in tournaments. It is a bannable offense. Not saying anybody here was planning to do so, but it's worth reminding everyone.

There are no guides, that I know of. Best if you just dive right in, and ask questions as needed.

Check This Thread,I made a full guide http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?11812-Random-Wifi

My Post is #3 in that topic.

A few notes :

"Sodateya Fuufu" in that topic is referring to "TheDayCareCouple"

"Pokeshifter" = "(Poketransfer)"

Ignore the "Correct ways to name your pokemon",since it's no longer a problem in PokeGen

Obviously in "Country" don't put Japan but US/UK/EU.

==================================

And to transfer a pokemon from your computer you need an Action Replay or a Flashcart,which is bannable in here too(?),but I'm just explaining the ways.

Alright so I seem to be grasping it, but how do you get the pokegen Pokemon file to the DS? Also, can you use AR to find secret ID. My bad read your post below...where can I find out how to do the transfer? So I've read IVs and PID are not linked in B/W..so couldn't AR change those w/o being noticeable?

That's exactly what they're saying. Don't listen to the "legitimate" and "legal" garbage. Data is data. You can in fact generate Pokemon with identical data to game-generated ones. There is NO difference. It's all in your head.

It's not complicated :

If you have an AR,all you do is export a code and enter it into your action replay,then apply like a normal cheat.

If you have a Flashcart,you need a usb for your microSD,which you insert into your computer.

And what do you mean by "so couldn't AR change those w/o being noticable",you set the settings your way,it exports the code based on your settings ;o

Please don't speak like this if you aren't staff. ARs and flashcarts are not a banned topic of discussion.

Which is why there is a question mark in parentheses.

Export what code? I feel dumb, but I'm running into two issues: Csn I use AR to get secret ID? If not, how go I get this? My second question is how do I use AR to get the Pokemon file to the game? Idk what exporting a code means. And sorry I'm not trying to sound like I'm not even looking this stuff up; it's just im at work ATM on my phone.Any help you guys can give me now is greatly appreciated. ANd the guide on what to do on pokegen was a godsend. Also what I meant is I have a code for all 31s IVs; since IV isn't linked to PID; couldn't I use that code w/o making them look illegal

I think you'll find a code for switching ID/SID when checking a Pokémon in-game, in the Pokémon B/W AR Codes thread. You'll find it in the RAM section of ProjectPokemon's forums.

To inject a Pokémon in your cartridge's save file, you need to generate the code for that Pokémon in PokéGen. Use Action Replay code generator found in the menus. Its interface is intuitive. Once you've generated the code, copy/paste it to your AR, and then use the same button you specified in the generation process to activate it.

You don't need AR to find a SID :

1)Download a DsMume emulator http://desmume.org/ (It's like a Virtual DS,except that you can't use wi-fi).

2)Start the game,get a starter,save the game.

3)Copy the Created .dsv file (which should be created in DsMume folder) into the Pokegen Folder.

4)Load the .dsv file into pokgen,view your starter.

5)Go to the OT/Misc tab,there you'll find your IDs.

Ra1d: he probably has no means to access his *.sav file on his retail cartridge, since he asked how to generate AR codes to be used via a physical device. Of course, editing the save file directly in PokéGen is the fastest method.

AR codes(US/EU) to find your secret ID,dunno if they work.

For BW White.

Game ID:IRAO-0F0875FE

Hold L to Show Secret ID

5216F4CC 98087128

0216F4D0 F9FAF699

94000130 FDFF0000

0216F4D0 0C006900

D2000000 00000000

=========================

Pokemon Black :

Game ID:IRBO-106820A5

Hold L to Show Secret ID