Question about Legal Checker/AR codes

Wimzy

Hi :]

So you'll probably realize really quickly that I have no idea what I'm talking about. I searched around for a bit, and am still a bit confused, so please, bare with me. (I'm also computer literate, but if you start talking about hex values and binary, I'll probably get lost)

So I was wondering if the legality checker is always correct with non event Pokemon. It just says Common NDS (A-B-C-D). Should I be good if it says that?

Is there any way to tell that it is a hack, even when the legality checker says otherwise? I think I've come to the understanding that only Algorithm 1 and 2 are legal when you're making a Pokemon with Pokesav (correct me if I'm wrong). Is there a way to come up with a legal ID without changing the nature/IVs by hand? It takes a while for me to do that every time and get a legal PID. I never touch the hex values. Like I said. i don't know anything about Hex (if you feel like explaining, I'll be more than happy to listen, if not, no worries) But will the pokemon still be legit if I leave it?

Note that I don't actually generate pokemon, all I do is edit the nature, IVs, EVs, ect, and make sure the legal checker says it's legit.

Also, I'm confused as to why no matter what file type I try saving a pokemon as using Pokegen, the resulting file always shows up as hacked or invalid with Legal.exe The same pokemon is legal when saved with Pokesav.

And finally, I know this question doesn't belong here, but I was wondering if there's a pokesav for black/white in english that supports mystery gifts. I found one after a lot of googling, but when I export the AR code, it only allows to export a code for mystery events and not specific gifts, and then it doesn't work. (Others I found had trojans, even though they looked legit O.o maybe it's just my antivirus..)

Thanks for reading :] help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry for providing you with such a dull read. (if anyone read it, that is)

Edited by Wimzy

The Legality Checker is always correct in reporting most non-event Pokemon as of now (not updated for Pokewalker, XD/Colo, etc yet). If a Pokemon was generated by Method 1/2/3 but shows up as "Hacked or Unknown Pokemon", then it is a hack. That is for the PID/IV relationship only. The Legality Checker also checks other things like Effort Values to make sure they don't exceed 510 EVs in total, along with other details like the Checksum, Gender Ratio, etc. Other than that, look at the Pokemon's data in PokeSav/PokeGen to see if it completely checks out. Obvious things are not highlighted in the Legality Checker.

If you want to edit the EVs, it should pass as long as it does not exceed 510 EVs in total. If you want to edit the Nature or IVs, then you're going to have to generate it properly either by pressing "PID/IV" in PokeSav ("Generate" gives a bad PID which will flag as hacked), or by using PokeGen's PID finder which is honestly easier to use and has more functions.

As for your issue with saving the Pokemon in PokeGen and it turning hacked, are you editing any values? If you didn't edit any values and it still becomes "Hacked", then you're doing something wrong somewhere. Are you targeting the correct game (Options>Target Game)?

For Mystery Gifts, use Grovyle91's Mystery Gift Editor if you can access your save file (MGE cannot make AR codes for BW now, IIRC), or watch the BW AR Code thread for Mystery Gift codes.

/facepalm ...yeah... targeting the correct game was my problem, it was set to B/W while I was trying to get it for D/P >.< Thanks so much for your help! :D

Ah, I had never noticed Pokegen's PID finder before, but yes, that makes it a lot easier. Thank you for that :]

I was wanting to get an AR code for events so I could get 5 of the events at a time, then check the IVs before soft resetting (I'm not sure if there's even a code out to check that yet without having to use pokesav/pokegen).

It would be much faster than soft resetting every time after checking IVs on pokesav/pokegen. But again, thanks for your help.

So how does one go about making AR codes? O.o (Besides the obvious, which is pokesav) I'm assuming it involves searching for a certain changing value then somehow being able to freeze it? O.o I just tested this out on DeSmuME, I was able to narrow down my results to 1 value for pokeballs after buying one and repeating the process until I had only a single value and was able to change/freeze it :P But I have no idea how to make it into an AR code. Doing this for rebattling legendaries and events seems long and tedious O.o If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated :]