PokeGen - Trying to get the Correct English

AllyKat

I have noticed that for your Trainer Name and Nickname (if applicable) for Pokemon made with PokeGen, I am getting the incorrect Language set. This is obvious because the American English set and Japanese English sets are different fonts. So far, I have not been able to get the American character set to appear with generated Pokemon.

Some advise would be greatly welcomed.

Maybe the person in the other thread could've made me actually think about it the way you did if he applied half a second of intelligence.

I haven't checked the English versions' font files yet. I just assumed they'd be the same. I'll look into it when I can and post the results.

Edit: The posted image says otherwise. I did absolutely nothing special to achieve this result.

name.png

name.png.cfcf0d65763306d5e46e1bda9a6c782

Here's a random Pokemon on my copy of Black (US):

correct.jpg

Here' the Pokemon that was from a Japanese save file:

incorrect.jpg

Looking at the "OT" name (big shock... I use the name "Ally".) You can see how the "A" is rounded on the US games verus the upside down "V" style of "A" from the Japanese. Similarly the "Y" is more rounded on the US game save. I have tried various things but no matter how many times I re-type the name and save the Pokemon in PokeGen... the result is the same: different font.

EDIT

Okay... it's only occuring with Pokemon that I am transferring from my Japanese save file. I cannot seem to correct the names.

Looking at the "OT" name (big shock... I use the name "Ally".) You can see how the "A" is rounded on the US games verus the upside down "V" style of "A" from the Japanese. Similarly the "Y" is more rounded on the US game save. I have tried various things but no matter how many times I re-type the name and save the Pokemon in PokeGen... the result is the same: different font.

Character map indices 65-90/97-122 differ from 65313-65338/65345-65370. The latter series is the Japanese Roman characters. The former is the non-Japanese. Nothing has changed.

Character map indices 65-90/97-122 differ from 65313-65338/65345-65370.

I guess my question now is why won't PokeGen let me correct the name/nickname from "65313-65338/65345-65370" to "65-90/97-122" in the character map?

I erase the OT. Re-type it. Set the Pokemon and save the Save file.

That's about it.

Are you sure that's not producing the expected result? I'm pretty sure it's designed to use the first part of the character set, which is the non-Japanese one. I can't verify that right now though, as I'm at work.