Smogon Forum Invitational Tourney

Smogon will be holding a tournament soon on Pokemon Online and they have nicely asked if we would like to field a team and compete. Check it out here:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83681

According to the rules anyone battling must have made at least 40 posts here and have registered t least 4 months ago. Your account must also be in good standing.(i.e. not banned)

So far we have 6 people, Bond697, Kaphotics(as a sub), Randomspot555, gin, tbird(tentatively), and Riolu Aura Sphere Now. I have PMs out to a few other people asking about it and we're still looking for a few more people. We need 8 battlers and 2 substitues(who may not battle), so a total of 10 people.

Depending on who responds to my PMs and would like to participate we will need betwen 4 and 7 more people to battle. Would anyone like to join?

Keep in mind you must be able to use Shoddy Battle at a minimum and preferably use Pokemon Online. All battles will be taking place between those 2 simulators.

Edited by Gin

Ah thanks, Bond. There's a good battler that we have who frequents the PP server called Stef, he doesn't have 40 posts however he is very active (he's also on the forums, but he's more of a lurker.) If he'd like to participate, would there be any way we could get around the 40 posts rule? Especially seeing how limited we are currently.

Not to mention the 3, no wait 4 posts I've managed to do in the last four months...

Although I do not contribute that much on the forums and really only got into battling in 4th gen 1 or 2 months before it ended (not looking too good for me at the moment), I am quite a frequent user on PO (and was on Shoddy) and would be happy to sub for Tbird if there are a lack of battlers for this tournament.

we don't have enough. the signup ended today and we're 3 short, unfortunately. that's after stef(if they even let him battle).

not many people were interested, i guess. it sucks because if you look most of the other sites are there. it would've been cool to get in on it.

anyway, i pm-ed the mod in charge. maybe since i was asked/told about entering 3 days late they'll give us a bit more time. i hope. how fast can you make 23 posts, stef? :P

e: well, nevermind. i got a rude reply back from the OP and apparently the site list is final. sorry guys.

Edited by Bond697