Sorry if this sounds dumb

GRaider

You'll need a flashcart to actually back up your save file. Pokesav can also be utilized with an Action Replay, but you can only make codes to put onto your cart. Your cart's save can't be transferred to your computer.

This is a very short answer to your question. I don't own a flash cart, so anyone who wants to go more in depth, feel free to.

OK thanks.

Since i dont have an action replay and dont know how to get the edited pokemon onto my pokemon platinum it would probably be easier for me to request a pokemon and have someone make it for me.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

I just downloaded the program to see it and i can make everything (i hope correctly) but then I dont know how to put it onto my nintendo DS lol. thats where I get confused and stuck

The only way you can get your desired Pokemon, you first require an Flash Cart, like M3 Real, CycloDS Evolution, etc. or an Action Replay, which utilizes codes, instead of an save file, the Flash Cart is a much more simpler way to edit your Pokemon needs, but then you also must start a new game, because Flash Carts only support ROMS, so you actually have a physical copy, so i suggest to purchase an Action Replay, unless you don't mind spending a few hours playing Pokemon again. :)

Go to the request section of the site, to request for a Pokemon to be created, then traded.

The only way you can get your desired Pokemon, you first require an Flash Cart, like M3 Real, CycloDS Evolution, etc. or an Action Replay, which utilizes codes, instead of an save file, the Flash Cart is a much more simpler way to edit your Pokemon needs, but then you also must start a new game, because Flash Carts only support ROMS, so you actually have a physical copy, so i suggest to purchase an Action Replay, unless you don't mind spending a few hours playing Pokemon again. :)

Not necessarily. You can always use tools to backup the save data from the genuine game cartridge, edit it then transfer it back. It's easier for Diamond and Pearl because all the tools I know don't exactly handle Platinum well because of its 1 mb save files.