Editing moves via PPRE

xwraith

Hello,

I'm trying to change the mechanics of False Swipe so that it becomes a 120 BP, Dragon-type move that leaves foes with a minimum of 1HP. I can't find any tutorials though on how to use PPRE. Here's what I've done so far using PPRE beta 0.14:

1. Click "Choose ROM" then load my Pokemon Platinum ROM file.

2. Set ROM.

3. Click "Moves", look for False Swipe, and update the BP and type details. I don't see an option to save, so I close the window and assume that it automatically saves.

4. Type in a new ROM name, then click "Write ROM".

5. Copy the new ROM file into my flash cart and rename my save file to match my new ROM.

When I load the game, though, False Swipe has not changed types or BP.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

use attack editor DP on a mint-condition DP rom, extract the file from poketool, reinsert it into your new rom of choice

if you want to be able to change the physical/special aspect of a move (or the effects of Volt Tackle, Fly, Bounce, Surf, and a few others) then you're going to have to hex edit the attacks in a mint-condition rom, extract and reinsert it.

use attack editor DP on a mint-condition DP rom, extract the file from poketool, reinsert it into your new rom of choice

if you want to be able to change the physical/special aspect of a move (or the effects of Volt Tackle, Fly, Bounce, Surf, and a few others) then you're going to have to hex edit the attacks in a mint-condition rom, extract and reinsert it.