First Time Pokegen

Elite Four Seth

No OT

Improper nickname (those characters are not present in an English SS game).

I entered the OT and nickname throught the charactermap that popped up, thinking it was required. Fixed the fields with qwerty.
Improper PID type for the egg. Look at RNG Reporter to find a suitable Egg PID. You chose a Method 1 derivative PID.
Requesting clarification for this. Got the original PID from Pokegen (method 1 A-B-C-D was selected). I read that Method 1 was for DPP/3rd gen Legends (I assumed HGSS also), 2/3/4 were 3rd gen wilds, and 10/11 were events. Could not find information what specifically the other methods were for or what I should use for an HGSS egg. I did DL RNG Reporter, but I'm not 100% certain where I should be generating my information. I've been in "IVs to PID/SEED" in RNG Reporter and "PID Finder" in Pokegen but the PIDs don't match up regardless what method I select. Pity the noob.
Egg Recieved date is after egg hatched date. Possible, but improbable.
Oversight, corrected.

Aren't egg PIDs just random, basically?

Not random per se (IRNG), but pretty much yeah :)

the fact that a method 1 PID was chosen implies that it is not an egg PID.

dpp_rng_setmethod.png

Some hardcore legality checkers like me try to find the seed+PID of the egg since there aren't many initial seeds for which that egg frame is in the <10,000 frame range for the IRNG.

Use 52140289 as an initial seed [seed Hex] and pick out an egg PID that suits your need.

You can use another, but it's a pretty common one I hit when I'm RNGing (Modest Flawless method 1/J/K, that's why)

Since it isn't a shiny PID, you can pick any random PID you so choose and find one where Rhydon's species' gender ratio results in your wanted gender. Ability as well (You can see what Ability # corresponds to what ability in Dex / IV check).

DPPt/HGSS Egg PID Generation

The IRNG is seeded with the same initial value as the normal RNG, so the information about seeding in the previous section is applicable here as well.

The IRNG is an implementation of the Mersenne twister. It is a somewhat complex algorithm, but is well-known and well-documented. Those interested in further research on this algorithm can find a wealth of information by searching for "Mersenne twister".

PID Generation For Eggs using the IRNG

Each call to the IRNG returns a single 32-bit value, which is used in its entirety to create the PID of the egg. The IRNG is called when an egg is produced, and the Day-Care Man begins holding an egg.

When breeding with two parents from games with different languages (Japanese and US Platinum are examples of different regions) there is a slight modification to the algorithm. When an initial PID is generated by the IRNG the game checks to see if it generates a shiny, and if not the following formula is applied:

PID = PID * 0x6c078965 (Hexadecimal) + 1

Only the first 32 bits of this new PID are kept, so if you are calculating this yourself simply discard any digits higher than the 8th position (in Hexadecimal).

This is repeated a maximum of three times. Each time the multiplication is applied to the PID a check is made to see if it will generate a shiny egg. If so, no further multiplications and are performed and the egg is assigned this PID. This gives us four tries for a shiny Pokémon, increasing our overall odds from 1:8196 to 1:2048.

-Smogon

the fact that a method 1 PID was chosen implies that it is not an egg PID.

Some hardcore legality checkers like me try to find the seed+PID of the egg since there aren't many initial seeds for which that egg frame is in the <10,000 frame range for the IRNG.

Use 52140289 as an initial seed [seed Hex] and pick out an egg PID that suits your need.

You can use another, but it's a pretty common one I hit when I'm RNGing (Modest Flawless method 1/J/K, that's why)

Since it isn't a shiny PID, you can pick any random PID you so choose and find one where Rhydon's species' gender ratio results in your wanted gender. Ability as well (You can see what Ability # corresponds to what ability in Dex / IV check).

Still confused...

Pokegen has a "Find PID" function where I selected entered species/IVs/nature/gender/ability/method and got the original PID which you said implies it is not an egg PID. What method should I be selecting for an egg?

RNG Reporter is not returning anything on the primary screen. I selected "Breeding (HGSS) and went to "IVs to PID" screen. I can fiddle around and generate some PIDs there that show Method 2/3/4. Are any and all of them fine to use, and if so do I simply copy the PID and overwrite whatever is shown in Pokegen with this number from RNG Reporter?

Sorry for the noobness, just have not been able to get any answers (or at least understand them) from reading a few hours on forums.

Still confused...

Pokegen has a "Find PID" function where I selected entered species/IVs/nature/gender/ability/method and got the original PID which you said implies it is not an egg PID. What method should I be selecting for an egg?

RNG Reporter is not returning anything on the primary screen. I selected "Breeding (HGSS) and went to "IVs to PID" screen. I can fiddle around and generate some PIDs there that show Method 2/3/4. Are any and all of them fine to use, and if so do I simply copy the PID and overwrite whatever is shown in Pokegen with this number from RNG Reporter?

Sorry for the noobness, just have not been able to get any answers (or at least understand them) from reading a few hours on forums.

PokeGen doesn't have an Egg PID generator, neither does Pokesav, so you have to fake one (illegal) or use a legal one (RNG Reporter).

Egg PIDs don't follow the same PID method as a wild pokemon / event would. Select DPPt Egg PID (Normal)/(International), and put in the seed I posted above. Select the egg PID you want, and you've got a legal egg PID.

even if you leave the seed place blank, it defaults to the seed of 0, which still gives results.

@IV to PID

There is no egg IVPID relationship, that is only used to find the PID of a shiny pokemon based on the IVs.

All I had to do to generate egg PIDs in the current RNG Reporter (8.31) was

1. open RNG Reporter

2. select DPPt Egg PID (Normal)

3. press generate

4. ????

5. PROFIT!!!receive possible PIDs

I opened it straight out of the RAR I downloaded it in.

All the Seed does is moves you to somewhere else in the list (it's longer than it is displayed)

edit: 54FC9B83 is the first Brave Male Ability 1 (not 0, so it's a 2 in legal) egg PID. It's at frame 300, so if I was doing a harsh legality check this would set off a flag for me. There's no way you would hatch 300 eggs without turning off your game.

If the egg PID isn't related to any other Pokemon data, then there's no way it can be deemed invalid. As far as I know, this is correct. You can't even attach it to the met date of the egg.

(somewhat off topic, but a majority of method 1/J/K PIDs occur on many seeds, thus dates, so date checking is somewhat inconclusive)

how to check, pretty roughly

As I told Guested in IRC, there are ways to find a seed in which the egg was generated, but it takes a hell of a long time to check.

86% of all possible initial seeds are humanly impossible (delay 500-10000, shiny egg RNGers go to at max 3-5k, where the egg is the first egg). If it's not a shiny egg, I just change the SID to make it shiny (removes 8191:1 result of PIDs) and find all possible shiny eggs in that delay range. You can further refine it by specifying the gender ratio and ability (removes half of the remaining, and even more with the gender ratio). So you get just a handful of PIDs. It takes a hell of a long time to get them all. Do it for both Normal and International egg PIDs.

For it to be useful flawless, it'd have to be RNG'd, so there would be no everstone used. There is a PID algorithm for the egg based on the IRNG method. International Egg PIDs's method is slightly different.

Once you have that spreadlist, you can see if that PID occurs. If it was an RNG'd egg (which is the case here), it must be one of those 2.

It's flawed in the fact that the Everstone influenced PID method isn't public(ly known), the person can forgo checking their initial seed and just manually test eggs until they are the desired result.

There is a PID method, it's hard as hell to check currently...

on topic:

Just don't use a method 1 PID. If you really don't think someone would be so hellbent on checking it, you can go with a random PID. Usually snagging one from RNG reporter is fine.

Thanks you kaphotics for taking the time to answer my posts. I clearly have a lot to learn. Anyways, my final pkm file... still probably flawed in the PID dept.

You hatched it at the daycare couple?:bidoof: :bidoof: :bidoof:

It's 3002 for faraway place in pokesav for HGSS locations instead of 2000 (Daycare Couple), but with PokeGen it is much easier to set it. Other than that, I'm too lazy to check the PID :o)