Can't Backup HG Save Game on AR DSi?

Tekka

I use the DSi version of an Action Replay, for DS Lite. It works perfectly fine for basic cheats on Pokemon Platunum, HG, and SS. I have all the items and money I want, which is fun. However...

I recently decided to get into hacking the game and editing pokemon. I'm using the latest release of PokeGen, and with my DANE-ELEC 4 Gig Micro SD card, it works wonderfully! Beautifully! Magnificiently! ...On Platinum.

When I plug HG or SS into AR to backup my save file on the SD card, I receive a little message that states:

WARNING

No Game Card date found.

Is their some sort of copy protection on HG/SS that makes it impossible to back up the save file on AR? If so, what could I use to back it up and load it into PokeGen? If not, then what could cause this error? I've tried multiple times under every condition I could think. In short, Platinum works, HG/SS doesn't.

This has been answered so many times. *dreads replying*

OK. So: the cartradge for HG/SS has an IR port to comunicate with the Pokewalker, and that is on top of the save chip. This is not a problem if you give the cart the right command, and if you don't, you can't see the save chip. If you buy an NDS Backup Adapter Plus (doesn't have to be from ConsoleSource, but that's where I got mine; if it says "Pre-order now", then it means that there are none in stock), then you will be able to sucessfully backup and restore the save file to and from HG/SS.

Don't bother contacting Datel to ask for an update. No matter what they say (ex. if they say "Thank you for your recent enquiry we are able to confirm that we are hoping to release a software update very soon."), take it with a grain of salt. The example was sent sometime in May...