My Giratina

ALEGUS

• 2 weeks later...

This happened to me today. I remembered this thread and decided to explain the + - stats (Although it may not be too important any more.)

I hacked an Origin Form Giratina (Legal stats, of course.) As we all should know, Giratina Another Form has higher defenses, an Origin has higher attack.

I leveled my Giratina up, and its Special Defense read: + -18.

I'm positive that the plus minus thing has something to do with O-Form and A-Form having different base stats.

This happened to me today. I remembered this thread and decided to explain the + - stats (Although it may not be too important any more.)

I hacked an Origin Form Giratina (Legal stats, of course.) As we all should know, Giratina Another Form has higher defenses, an Origin has higher attack.

I leveled my Giratina up, and its Special Defense read: + -18.

I'm positive that the plus minus thing has something to do with O-Form and A-Form having different base stats.

That doesn't make any sense, the stats should be maxed anyway upon form alteration as far as I know.

I didn't think a DSi would make a good picture, but I guess it works.

Yeah, it's definitely adding negatives.

But here's the big question: Why?

It's adding a bunch to attack, too. I already had its Effort Points applied, so maybe that has something to do with it, as well?

I've got it! :D

Alright, in one of my last posts, I posted a picture of my Giratina's original stats.

Giratina-O has the base Defense and SpDefense stats of 100. Both of its Attack stats are 120. Giratina-A has the opposite.

However... if you take the Orb away from Giratina to turn it into A-Form, its stats stay the same, as shown here:

hni0077.jpg

Now. If you level Giratina-A up, its stats go up normally. See:

hni0078.jpg

So. In conclusion...

Giratina changes base stats upon changing forms. G-O has higher attack, G-A has higher defense. However, the game does not adjust the Giratina's stats to match that.

After giving Giratina the Orb and leveling up, that's when the stats adjust to lower defense and higher attack. That's why the defense goes down and attack goes up.

Basically, I guess hitting "All Max" on Pokesav for stats sets the stats to match Giratina's Another Form, regardless of what form you clicked.

(I didn't explain that too great, did I. So complex... @_@)

Thank you Aarux for sharing the info :)

Giratina-O's stats are basically attack and defenses reverted (120s and 100s switched). But really? Pokesav doesn't fix that? I guess they don't check the item a Pokemon is holding.

But I wonder if Alegus is experiencing that problem. You tampered with Pokesav so that's why. But Alegus hasn't done any important tampering. Odd. :-/

Yeah, apparently it doesn't. I had it set on Giratina's O-Form, but the stats remained the same even after I maxed them again.

I seriously don't know if that's Alegus's problem with his Giratina.

But maybe that stuff I observed will help trying to find out what's wrong with his.