Pokémon Platinum With HG/SS Sprites

Oxnite

So I just continued working on my project: Pokémon Platinum Deluxe!

I'm now doing a playthrough and debug it, then I'll continue the progress.

I already found a bug, though. I've added all the HG / SS sprites, but their placing seems incorrect. As if the HG / SS have another x or y position on the field.

Does somebody know how to fix this? Is there a corresponding .narc file that holds all the x and y coordinates of each HG / SS Pokémon sprite, that I have to add to Pokémon Platinum?

Thanks a lot for any helpful reply.

Edited by Oxnite

I've also been editing pokemon platinum but when I try to place a new sprite I can't ever find the sprite i placed etheir. I counted the x and y so i may have counted wrong. I still don't know exactly how the x,y,and z thing works anyway.How did you find the x,y,and z.

There's some relevant information in the "Trainer Battle Script" thread, just below this one, pertaining to finding your x,y,z, coordinate.

Alternatively, you can position your character in the desired location on your map, save you game, and use Pokesav to view your current x,y,z coordinate by opening up your save file.

Oh, wait!

My first post might have caused some confusion. I actually meant the Pokémon HG / SS Pokémon Battle sprites - these, for example:

103.png155.png368.png465.png

They are misplaced in Pokémon Platinum; for example, a Pikachu sprite is slightly below it's shadow in a battle.

• 3 months later...

I know there was another guy on page 1 (for now) who had a similar issue with shadows not lining up. Have you tried just moving the Pikachu sprite a few pixes upwards on the PNG? I'd imagine that'd work for the smaller sprites, but then I'm not sure if the game has a more complicated way of calculating sprite position... I've been editing stuff, myself, but I've yet to playtest anything :x