Jump to content

VGC Worlds 2012 Flying Pikachu 1.0.0


2 Screenshots

About This File

VGC Worlds 2012 Flying Pikachu

This Pikachu was distributed at the Pokémon World Championships in Waikoloa, Hawaii. It was also distributed to Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Italian, and Korean games. It was also later distributed at the Firstlook 2013 event in the Netherlands on October 5th and 6th, 2013.

Wondercard ID 100
PID Random
Games BW
Type Local Wireless
Dates 08.12.2012
Nickname Pikachu
Gender Female
Level 50
Nature Timid
Ability Lightningrod
OT WORLD12
SID 00000
Location Worlds 2012
Ribbon Event Ribbon Event Ribbon
Ball Cherish Ball Cherish Ball
Held Item
Moves
Fly Fly
Thunderbolt Thunderbolt
Grass Knot Grass Knot
Protect Protect
 Share


User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Not sure if this should be clarified in the description.  But it seems that  the lightning rod flying Pikachu was ONLY available in this Hawaii distribution.  Subsequent distributions for memorance of VGC2012 in other countries did not have that unquie move.  Source: https://www.serebii.net/events/dex/025.shtml

Now my question is, since only a US DS cartridge (even if you put it in a JP 3DS) can receive a mon from US Event, what should this gen5 mon look like upon being transferred from Pkm Bank to a gen 6 / 7 JP save file (All Region and Country: JP; Language: Eng)?  Specifically, I'm asking about the following:-

(a) 3DS Region;

(b) Sub Region; 

(c) Language;

(d) Country.

Should they all be US (since this pikachu is an US exclusive event!) regardless where they are transferred to and what region your 3DS or game language are set to?  I did the test by pulling it into my Sun/Moon JP save file but pkhex just change all the above details to what's in my trainer info (i.e. Japan, Engish language etc) but I'm not sure if that's legal.

 

Edited by stebrick
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, stebrick said:

Not sure if this should be clarified in the description.  But it seems that  the lightning rod flying Pikachu was ONLY available in this Hawaii distribution.  Subsequent distributions for memorance of VGC2012 in other countries did not have that unquie move.  Source: https://www.serebii.net/events/dex/025.shtml

In that link, which one there is about the World Pikachu being distributed in other countries?
Please do realize that linking an entire page doesn't help by itself. Do provide accompanying screenshots that proves your point.
All I see is the Hawaii entry.

Serebii does not have the Pikachu entry we're talking about under 2013...
(I'm saying this because in our description, the redistribution date is October 5th and 6th, 2013. )

Basically, all that shows me is that there was Lightingrod Pikachu (Lightingrod isn't a move FYI) in Hawaii, but doesn't show how the re-distributions lack it.

Maybe you see something I'm not seeing.. Do understand, I wanna get to the bottom to this, so that I can determine whether the description should be updated :3

9 hours ago, stebrick said:

Now my question is, since only a US DS cartridge (even if you put it in a JP 3DS) can receive a mon from US Event, what should this gen5 mon look like upon being transferred from Pkm Bank to a gen 6 / 7 JP save file (All Region and Country: JP; Language: Eng)?  Specifically, I'm asking about the following:-

(a) 3DS Region;

(b) Sub Region; 

(c) Language;

(d) Country.

Should they all be US (since this pikachu is an US exclusive event!) regardless where they are transferred to and what region your 3DS or game language are set to?  I did the test by pulling it into my Sun/Moon JP save file but pkhex just change all the above details to what's in my trainer info (i.e. Japan, Engish language etc) but I'm not sure if that's legal.

Now to assume your assertion about the event were right, and answer the other part of your post:

Gen 5 mon doesn't have 3DS region, Sub region and country.
You could literally take the NDS cartridge and put it into any 3DS to transfer up.
(NDS carts are not region locked; real retail NDS carts bought anywhere on Earth can be used on any 3DS)
The 3DS region, sub region and country gained is based on the transferer's 3DS settings.

It really doesn't matter what you put.

(For example, someone with a Japanese languaged cart could have went to the event to receive the event.
A few years down the road, they used that same NDS cart on their Japanese region 3DS to transfer up.
The mon will gain Japanese 3DS region, sub region (follows the 3DS, if any set) and country [that is within the Japanese 3DS settings])

As for language, it can be ENG to KOR. No restrictions.
image.pngIf you check bulbapedia:
(source: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_local_English_event_Pokémon_distributions_in_Generation_V#2012_World_Championships_Pikachu)

This gift can be redeemed by any language available at that time.

Note: language of card does not determine the mon's language. what determines the mon's language is language of the receiving game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

(NDS carts are not region locked; real retrail NDS carts bought anywhere on Earth can be used on any 3DS)

“retrail”

Edited by PkHexBoi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PkHexBoi said:

“retrail”

Fixed. Thanks for your contribution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, theSLAYER said:

Fixed. Thanks for your contribution.

No, thank you for giving me something to correct. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PkHexBoi said:

No, thank you for giving me something to correct. :)

Not to worry. The more stuff I type, the more stuff there is to correct :3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Serebii does not have the Pikachu entry we're talking about under 2013...
(I'm saying this because in our description, the redistribution date is October 5th and 6th, 2013. )

You are right.  They dont have those redistributions in 2013 and only listed out the Hawii one , which kinda made me think that this distribution is exclusive to that Hawii event.   Now based on your clarification, I realize that not even Serebii has as complete entries of all pokemon distribution events as ProjectPokemon does, damn.  My apology for getting it wrong. 

 

17 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

The mon will gain Japanese 3DS region, sub region (follows the 3DS, if any set) and country [that is within the Japanese 3DS settings])

Thanks for clarifying this.  So it means a Gen5 mon from US event can legally have different region and country (say, JP) entries setting for the first time it's transferred via 3DS to the subsequent generations (via Poke Bank obviously)?  If I'm right, then basically only event mons prior to Gen 5 can legally and freely gain/change to new region and country different to those being distributed?  But the events from 6th generation onwards, they are locked to the region of distribution.

From my further reading and researching, it seems that once a mon gains a particular 3DS region / sub region / country, those information will remain unchanged in subsequent generations tradings (be it despositing into the Bank or transferring to a console of another 3DS region).  Am I correct? 

[ofc those info doesn't exist in Let's Go P/E / Gen 8 because they are wiped ultimately).

 

17 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Note: language of card does not determine the mon's language. what determines the mon's language is language of the receiving game.

By " language of the receiving game", I guess you mean the language of the game which received the wonder card / event pokemon?  We know for a fact that all Gen5 cartridges dont have multi-languages, and most of the time JP cartridge can only receive JP wonder cards event because distributions are locked to a specific language.   But then this Hawii Pikachu event allows JP cartridge to recieve the US/English version, is it kinda...an exception? And how do we know whether a particular event allows such exception - Serebii and the EventGallary on this site don't seem to have such info most of the time...

 

Another question is, am I also right to say that the "Language" of a mon will always stick to this mon once it's set.  For example, if you use Gen 5 US cartridge to receive a wonder card of US event, is it alway set to ENG and remains unchanged even after it's transferred to another languaged cartridge or to a different langagued game in next generation game via Pokemon Bank or Home (Gen 7 / Gen8) ?

 

My next question is, how about event mons that are directly [i.e. not traded] gifted via Pokemon Bank / Pokemon Link / QR codes?  Do they have the same region, country of your 3DS and same language of your game save?

 

Lastly, in Gen6, all event mons (regardless how you receive them) should have blank residence memory (i.e. no Latest or Past Residence), unless the player who received the gift trades it further, correct or no?  

 

Sorry again for so many questions :( 

The more I digged into 1 thing, the more question marks in my mind. :(
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The comments section of a file shouldn't be for asking this kind of questions. Start your own forum thread.
I'm answering you here, but I'm not expecting any more comments here unless it's directly strictly related to the details of the event.

16 hours ago, stebrick said:

You are right.  They dont have those redistributions in 2013 and only listed out the Hawii one , which kinda made me think that this distribution is exclusive to that Hawii event.   Now based on your clarification, I realize that not even Serebii has as complete entries of all pokemon distribution events as ProjectPokemon does, damn.  My apology for getting it wrong. 

curiously, bulbapedia doesn't have it too.
I wonder if they just didn't create a new entry for it, since it was the exact same wonder card. (and it looks like they didn't add the information for the other distributions in)

16 hours ago, stebrick said:

Thanks for clarifying this.  So it means a Gen5 mon from US event can legally have different region and country (say, JP) entries setting for the first time it's transferred via 3DS to the subsequent generations (via Poke Bank obviously)?  If I'm right, then basically only event mons prior to Gen 5 can legally and freely gain/change to new region and country different to those being distributed?  But the events from 6th generation onwards, they are locked to the region of distribution.

From my further reading and researching, it seems that once a mon gains a particular 3DS region / sub region / country, those information will remain unchanged in subsequent generations tradings (be it despositing into the Bank or transferring to a console of another 3DS region).  Am I correct? 

[ofc those info doesn't exist in Let's Go P/E / Gen 8 because they are wiped ultimately).

Erm, yup, that applies to entries from Gen 3 to Gen 5.

In terms of data, the concept of "regions" didn't exist until Gen 6.

There's no "region locking". At most there's only "language locking".

Yup, the 3DS data is retained when transferred up to Gen 7.
Gen 8 wipes them away.

16 hours ago, stebrick said:

By " language of the receiving game", I guess you mean the language of the game which received the wonder card / event pokemon? 

Indeed, that is correct.
[Tho I would like to point out, I felt like I was as clear as I could be ;P]

16 hours ago, stebrick said:

We know for a fact that all Gen5 cartridges dont have multi-languages, and most of the time JP cartridge can only receive JP wonder cards event because distributions are locked to a specific language.   But then this Hawii Pikachu event allows JP cartridge to recieve the US/English version, is it kinda...an exception? And how do we know whether a particular event allows such exception - Serebii and the EventGallary on this site don't seem to have such info most of the time...

Yes, we don't list out, this event is also on the Japanese page of Gen 5 wonder cards. (https://projectpokemon.org/home/files/file/1308-vgc-worlds-2012-flying-pikachu/)

I'm guessing your intent on asking goes back to the whole Shiny Genesect thing.
It's rather simple if you think about it: if you don't find it at the respective language page, it's not receivable by that language. Alternatively, check that event on Bulbapedia.

16 hours ago, stebrick said:

Another question is, am I also right to say that the "Language" of a mon will always stick to this mon once it's set.  For example, if you use Gen 5 US cartridge to receive a wonder card of US event, is it alway set to ENG and remains unchanged even after it's transferred to another languaged cartridge or to a different langagued game in next generation game via Pokemon Bank or Home (Gen 7 / Gen8) ?

That's a core mechanic question. While the answer is yes, it's something you should have observed from playing the games and transferring mons.

Also, stop calling it "Gen 5 US Cartridge". Region does not matter for NDS games. Call it by its language.
US is not a language.

16 hours ago, stebrick said:

My next question is, how about event mons that are directly [i.e. not traded] gifted via Pokemon Bank / Pokemon Link / QR codes?  Do they have the same region, country of your 3DS and same language of your game save?

Bank redemptions - Depend on your 3DS
Pokemon Link - same as above
QR codes - Generated in game, so same as above.

16 hours ago, stebrick said:

Lastly, in Gen6, all event mons (regardless how you receive them) should have blank residence memory (i.e. no Latest or Past Residence), unless the player who received the gift trades it further, correct or no?  

I can't recall for sure but sounds correct.

16 hours ago, stebrick said:

Sorry again for so many questions :( 

The more I digged into 1 thing, the more question marks in my mind. :(

To repeat, comments section aren't for game mechanic questions. Start your own thread and ask there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This file is now closed to further comments.
×
×
  • Create New...