Team L

wraith89

Team L

The object of my team:

... nothing much. Just beat the opponents out of comedic glory via taking roles of Megaman Robot Masters.

Other notes:

- I will not change the Pokemon I have (unless there are other Pokemon that can fit VERY well with their Robot Master counterparts)... but I am more than happy to switch around the order or their movesets/IVs/roles. So suggestions pertaining to that are always welcome.

- This is NOT an insane gimmick team. It is actually quite serious (albeit novelty at best)... and it does win battles (11 wins so far)... and lose some battles (2 losses so far). Some of the reasoning is because of the unexpectedness of certain Pokemon's roles or what it uses, but now that it is in plain sight... whatever =/

mm1cut.gif

[sprite]127[/sprite]

Cut Man the Pinsir @ Focus Sash/Lum Berry

Adamant Nature

Hyper Cutter

252 Atk/4 Def/252 Speed

- Stealth Rock

- X-Scissor

- Earthquake

- Quick Attack/Stone Edge

This is the lead Pokemon. No one expects Pinsir to SR or anything... and usually forget it has it because his counterparts Heracross and Scyther/Scizor do not. In fact, not many people even know Pinsir exists! It is even less acknowledged than Heracross... who is non-existent because of a certain crimson flash and an aura Pokemon. So here is the deal. Cut Man sets up SR (I would think that is Guts Man's job though) or attacks the lead Pokemon. Focus Sash is good so that it survives super effective attacks like an Arcanine's Flare Blitz. Hyper Cutter is there so that stuff like Intimidate will not work. If the lead is something like a Focus Sash Azelf, I would X-Scissor it and *surprise surprise* Quick Attack. Nobody expects the Spanish Pinsir!

Why I selected Pinsir: Well, Cut Man is a very simple robot. Much like Pinsir, he has a pair of blades that resemble scissors in his head. Pretty much the aesthetics got me to select Pinsir to represent Cut Man. And much like Cut Man, he is weak to Rocks and Fire. How interesting. Hyper Cutter seems appropriate enough for an ability. I could have selected Kingler for his coloring and the fact he has some giant pincirs, I thought Pinsir was more appropriate. Pinsir is your beaten off the path Pokemon which no one stares at because there's Scizor and even the obscure Heracross. Cut Man is pretty much the same... people do not take him seriously because... he's a robot playing with a bunch of... scissors? Most people do in fact try playing against him first. Also, Pinsir is slightly agile, but not too much, much like Cut Man. If anything though, I feel Scyther's stats resemble Cut Man's more than Pinsir's, but I chose Pinsir all for its aesthetics. I don't know about you but I felt Pinsir was very similar to Cut Man.

Usefulness: ||||||||||

Personal Score: ||||||||||

He sets up rocks and usually takes down the opposing lead not named Swampert or Metagross or Heatran... but still, he gets up the rocks unless taunted. Sometimes he can retreat and come back to fight another day... but aside from that, he can be easily walled by the likes of Skarmory and the many steels of OU.

mm1guts.gif

[sprite]068[/sprite]

Guts Man the Machamp @ Leftovers

Adamant Nature

No Guard

248 HP/252 Atk/8 Speed

- Dynamicpunch

- Stone Edge/Payback

- Rest

- Sleep Talk

Ah, the scary Guts Man. With Dynamicpunch that never fails to land on non-ghosts and confuse stuff without Own Tempo is just amazing... and scary. Coupled with 130 base attack and STAB, it is bound to land some holes. Scary birds coming in? Stone Edge them to death... and *gasp* it actually hits! No Guard saves the day! The bottom line is... once Machamp comes in, it is SCARY and is bound to cause a couple of KOs.

Why I chose Machamp: Guts Man is an iconic character of Megaman. I mean look at him. He's tough, durable, scary, causes earthquakes as he jumps, hurls large boulders at you... this guy is truly tough to fight against if you do not possess his weakness, the Hyper Bomb... and even then it is pretty hard to aim with it. Same thing could be said of Machamp. He is powerful, tough, and pretty much a scary sight. Nobody wants to fight confused... NO ONE (unless they know the RNG is at their side or if their name is Slowbro). Machamp is also one of the original 150s... and is fairly recognizable by people. And Guts Man is pretty much the same way too. He seems perfect... although a "Guts" Hariyama may have sufficed, I think Machamp is more fun to use. Resttalk also makes more durable than usual.

He's fun, quite abusable, and very sturdy, but he is quite slow just like Guts Man himself... so he is easily revenge killed near the end. Also low PP is not a good sign. Nevertheless, quite solid and makes a name for himself.

mm1ice.gif

[sprite]471[/sprite]

Ice Man the Glaceon @ Choice Scarf

Timid Nature

Snow Cloak

8 HP/252 SpA/248 Speed

- Sleep Talk

- Hidden Power Fighting

- Shadow Ball

- Ice Beam

Ice Man... and his useless Ice Slasher. I wonder what Capcom was thinking when they made it do 0 damage against everything but Fire Man who only took 4 compared to the normal 10 damage (this was normal in MM1) that every boss's weakness did... when Megaman took 10 damage from Ice Slasher himself (Megaman's weakness perhaps?). Anyhow, it is quite a revenge killer. Nobody expects Glaceon to be THIS fast. With these Speed EVs (HP Fighting has 30 Speed IVs) Glaceon hits 373 speed, enough to outpace + 120s like Alakazam and KO them with Shadow Ball or hit Salamence with STAB Ice Beams off a base 130 SpA. One problem is that I have to use Timid nature... which makes Glaceon lose off a LOT of needed power =/ Nevertheless it is really only relegated to revenge killing or scaring off Salamences and whatnot.

Why I chose Glaceon: Ice Man Ice Man... yeah yeah just get the Thunder Beam, zap him instantly, and he dies in 3 hits. Simple as that. Ice Man is often quite neglected... much like this fellow Glaceon here... but still, he is quite powerful against Megaman himself and can be a tough adversary. However it is that weapon of his that serves very little use other than to freeze the fire towers in Fire Man's and Wily's castle and to freeze Big Eyes in midair (but if you shoot at the wrong place...). Ice Slasher is also Fire Man's weakness, but trust me, it is a LOT easier fighting Fire Man with your regular Arm Cannon than with Ice Slasher if you know what to do. Glaceon, like Ice Man, is more trouble than what it is worth. It is powerful but with a base speed of 60 and pitiful HP, it is not going to take hits enough to blast back with its STAB Ice Beams anyhow. Sure that defense of 110 and Special Defense of 95 is actually decent... but the low HP really offsets it. Glaceon is like the Ice Slasher... beaten off the path and no one truly uses one in competitive battles unless they were a die hard fan like I am. Also, this is the first time I made Glaceon Male... most of the time I would pick female if I were ever to make a Glaceon. Ice Man looks pretty "cute" for a male robot master... which is bizarre... or he may just be the third Ice Climber but got rejected and was adopted by Capcom. Nevertheless, Ice Man is pretty cool (no pun intended), much like Glaceon here. I do not know what else would actually fit Ice Man better than Glaceon... unless you were talking about Articuno... but Articuno is even worse.

Actually, Glaceon is quite useful. No one expects a really fast Glaceon firing off a really powerful STAB Ice Beam coming... and they usually just let that Salamence stay in thinking their Fire Blast will finish it off or their Alakazams with their Focus Blasts. Denied!

mm1bomb.gif

[sprite]205[/sprite]

Bomb Man the Forretress @ Shed Shell

Relaxed Nature

Sturdy

248 HP/112 Atk/148 Def (0 Speed IVs)

- Toxic Spikes/Spikes

- Gyro Ball

- Rapid Spin

- Explosion

Forretress is very useful for tanking physical attacks and fighting the really fast Pokemon with STAB Gyro Ball. It also sets up Toxic Spikes and can spin away entry hazards. Once it has done its job, it can go boom...! It is surprisingly sturdy... even slightly more than Skarmory.

Why I chose Forretress: Actually, this decision was tough. There really was not much I could choose aside from Golem... and even then, no one really throws bombs aside from Egg Bombing Exeggutor or something of that sort. Plus Forretress is weak to Fire, much like the original Bomb Man himself; he was weak to Fire Storm. However, unlike Bomb Man, Forretress is actually very powerful... Bomb Man was probably one of the easier bosses in Megaman 1. Aside from that, their differences are large... oh yeah. Forretress explodes. Er... yeah. But Bomb Man does not detonate himself >.<

Forretress is always a useful addition to one's team... that is not heavily Fire weak. Setting up stuff and spinning away things is what it does best. And it can also take beastly amounts of hits. Of course, that Achilles's heel, Fire, can be destructive... and it has no reliable recovery move. Aside from that, very solid.

mm1fire.gif

[sprite]467[/sprite]

Fire Man the Magmortar @ Expert Belt

Naive Nature

Flame Body

84 Atk/182 SpA/244 Speed

- Earthquake

- Cross Chop

- Thunderbolt

- Flamethrower

Magmortar is very potent in destroying stuff with its crazy SpA of 125. STAB Fire moves destroy things that do not resist it... and bulky waters go down from Thunderbolts. The Speed EVs allow me to outpace Gyarados and stuff and hit them with super effective attacks. No Electivire wants to get hit from an EQ either as it switches in... and stuff that like to make contact with Magmortar has 30% chance of getting burned as well! Quite an effective wallbreaker I suppose... Heatran will eat an Earthquake and Blisseys do not want to eat Cross Chops... if they hit U_U

Why I chose Magmortar: Quite obvious actually. Magmortar has that blaster thingy which resembles the Robot Masters from Megaman. In fact, does it not seem that it is a rejected Robot Master from Megaman? So let me get this straight. Nintendo traded Ice Man to Capcom... so that they get Magmortar from Capcom in return? I sense a conspiracy brewing... Aside from that, Fire Man seems quite like the hero of justice type of guy with his zealous flames (according to Powered Up) He is also very powerful and if you shoot him before he shoots you, he will start using his Fire Storm at you at the rate where it is virtually undodgable. Magmortar seems perfect to represent Fire Man. He's fast but not too fast, powerful but can be taken down. I could have went Heatran, but I am saving up Heatran for Heat Man, a supposedly superior Fire Robot Master that appears in Megaman 2.

Magmortar does his job quite well. Gyarados thinks it can beat it one on one without even remembering that it has Thunderbolt. Scizor eats Flamethrowers and generally does not want to face it. Predicted Heatran switches means they eat Earthquake. Any Scizor who predicted that I would EQ and KO with something like Superpower gets a farewell gift from Fire Man... a burn! (30% chance guarantee) Overall, Magmortar is quite scary, but it goes down fairly quickly, sometimes even in one hit when faced with its weakness.

mm1elec.gif

[sprite]145[/sprite]

Elec Man the Zapdos @ Leftovers

Modest Nature

Pressure

4 Def/252 SpA/252 Speed

- Roost

- Hidden Power Grass

- U-turn/Heat Wave

- Thunderbolt

The offensive Zapdos... hurts quite a bit actually. The annoying thing is, even without any defensive EVs and with mediocre defenses (90/85/95), this thing still takes hits for some weird reason. And things with higher defenses seem to go down faster. Come on Gamefreak. Thunderbolt is for STAB, HP Grass is for bulky grounds, Roost is there to heal, and U-turn is there over Heat Wave because 1) I don't like Zapdos taking over Moltres (think what you would like) and 2) it strikes Tyranitar for Super-effective damage (er... wut?) and 3) useful for scouting so I know what to switch in. Zapdos stands no chance against Tyranitar anyways... so why bother when you can U-turn and switch into a counter?

Why I chose Zapdos: I was debating whether I should use a legendary Pokemon or not, but I have decided, I could find no other parallel that could sum up Elec Man better than Zapdos. Elec Man, the most powerful of the 6 Robot Masters just KILLS with his dreaded weapon... the Thunder Beam. It strikes Megaman for 10 points of damage like the Ice Slasher... but unlike the Ice Slasher this weapon actually rips foes apart. Not to mention it destroys rocks when no other weapons other than the Super Arm can do that (Super Arm was built for that purpose!). Oh yes, and the Thunder Beam has a nifty pause trick that can be abused to maxmize the damage it does against bosses like the Yellow Devil. The Magnet Beam is also hidden in his level. Wow... Elec Man is arrogant, knows he is powerful, and will smirk at anyone who thinks they can defeat him. Ironically, his weakness is the humble Rolling Cutter from Cut Man. Zapdos... is quite the same. He's arrogant, destructive, is the least physically defensive of the legendary trio but he takes hits better than they can, KOs things that are supposed to counter him anyways (HP Grass on Swampert... but usually in simulators), KOs other things with Thunderbolt, stole Moltres's job with Heat Wave (imagine if Zapdos got Ice Beam... fans would either praise Gamefreak or people like me will probably burn them down), Pressure stalls foes, and finally Roosts off all the damage done to it. With all the benefits it got compared to the other two birds, who take 50% damage from Stealth Rocks, does the job worse than Zapdos (Articuno is made to be a tank, then why does it need a spinner to get in everytime... Moltres is a sweeper... then why isn't it as fast or get an electric Heat Wave?) is there any wonder I chose Zapdos? He's just as tough of an adversary as Elec Man himself was.

As you can probably guess, I do not like Zapdos. I probably will never like Zapdos... and this is actually the first time I have been using him... and undeniably, I use him the most... much like how the Thunder Beam is the most overused weapon in Megaman 1 aside from the Arm Cannon itself. I won't deny Zapdos's usefulness... even with max SpA and max Speed and no Defensive EVs, it takes hits fairly well (even Stone Edges!) and still hits back with a lot of damage. Yeah... Zapdos is quite broken... but still falls to Tyranitar or Blissey (thankfully).

Need some convincing that it works? Fine :/

Rules: Evasion Clause, Extended Game, Freeze Clause, Sleep Clause, Soul Dew Clause

[sprite]142[/sprite] v [sprite]127[/sprite]

Greencat sent out Aerodactyl (lvl 100 Aerodactyl ?).

wraith89 sent out Cut Man (lvl 100 Pinsir ?).

Aerodactyl is exerting its pressure!

Aerodactyl used Protect.

Aerodactyl protected itself!

Cut Man used Stealth Rock.

Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!

---

[sprite]142[/sprite] v [sprite]205[/sprite]

MewtwoEx has entered the room.

wraith89: Team L

wraith89: lol

wraith89 switched in Bomb Man (lvl 100 Forretress ?).

Aerodactyl used Stealth Rock.

---

MewtwoEx: hm...

Aerodactyl used Protect.

Bomb Man used Rapid Spin.

---

MewtwoEx: this will be amusing

Aerodactyl used Earthquake.

A critical hit!

Bomb Man lost 33% of its health.

Bomb Man blew away the pointed stones!

It's not very effective...

Aerodactyl lost 4% of its health.

Bomb Man's leftovers restored its health a little!

Bomb Man restored 6% of its health.

---

firephenox22 has entered the room.

MewtwoEx: greencat is a shining Espeon!

Aerodactyl used Protect.

Bomb Man used Gyro Ball.

---

wraith89: lol

Aerodactyl used Stealth Rock.

Bomb Man used Gyro Ball.

It's super effective!

Aerodactyl lost 156% of its health.

Greencat's Aerodactyl fainted.

---

[sprite]145[/sprite] v [sprite]127[/sprite]

Greencat switched in Zapdos (lvl 100 Zapdos).

Zapdos is exerting its pressure!

Pointed stones dug into Zapdos.

Zapdos lost 25% of its health.

firephenox22: novelty team

wraith89 switched in Cut Man (lvl 100 Pinsir ?).

Pointed stones dug into Cut Man.

Cut Man lost 25% of its health.

Zapdos used Thunderbolt.

Cut Man lost 67% of its health.

Zapdos's leftovers restored its health a little!

Zapdos restored 6% of its health.

---

[sprite]145[/sprite] v [sprite]127[/sprite]

Cut Man used Quick Attack.

Zapdos lost 11% of its health.

Zapdos used Thunderbolt.

Cut Man lost 63% of its health.

wraith89's Cut Man fainted.

---

[sprite]212[/sprite] v [sprite]068[/sprite]

wraith89 switched in Guts Man (lvl 100 Machamp ?).

Pointed stones dug into Guts Man.

Guts Man lost 6% of its health.

wraith89: Guts Man :P

Greencat switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).

Pointed stones dug into Scizor.

Scizor lost 12% of its health.

Guts Man used Stone Edge.

Scizor lost 40% of its health.

Guts Man's leftovers restored its health a little!

Guts Man restored 6% of its health.

---

[sprite]461[/sprite] v [sprite]068[/sprite]

MewtwoEx: My Champ

firephenox22: scizor equals overkill

Scizor used U-turn.

Guts Man lost 35% of its health.

wraith89: Scizor shall fail =P

Greencat switched in Weavile (lvl 100 Weavile ?).

Weavile is exerting its pressure!

Pointed stones dug into Weavile.

Weavile lost 25% of its health.

Guts Man used Dynamicpunch.

It's super effective!

Weavile lost 421% of its health.

Greencat's Weavile fainted.

---

[sprite]065[/sprite] v [sprite]145[/sprite]

MewtwoEx: ...

wraith89: Of course it would spam U-turn >.>

Greencat switched in Alakazam (lvl 100 Alakazam ?).

Pointed stones dug into Alakazam.

Alakazam lost 12% of its health.

Greencat: Grr

wraith89: Aww fiddlesticks

wraith89: =(

wraith89 switched in Elec Man (lvl 100 Zapdos).

Elec Man is exerting its pressure!

Pointed stones dug into Elec Man.

Elec Man lost 25% of its health.

Alakazam used Psychic.

Elec Man lost 91% of its health.

wraith89's Elec Man fainted.

---

[sprite]065[/sprite] v [sprite]471[/sprite]

MewtwoEx: fiddlesticks?!

wraith89 switched in Ice Man (lvl 100 Glaceon ?).

Pointed stones dug into Ice Man.

Ice Man lost 25% of its health.

Ice Man used Shadow Ball.

It's super effective!

A critical hit!

Alakazam lost 169% of its health.

Greencat's Alakazam fainted.

---

[sprite]212[/sprite] v [sprite]205[/sprite]

wraith89: yeah fiddlesticks

wraith89: =P

wraith89 switched in Bomb Man (lvl 100 Forretress ?).

Pointed stones dug into Bomb Man.

Bomb Man lost 12% of its health.

Scizor used Bullet Punch.

Bomb Man lost 14% of its health.

---

[sprite]145[/sprite] v [sprite]205[/sprite]

Bomb Man blew away the pointed stones!

Zapdos lost 4% of its health.

---

[sprite]145[/sprite] v [sprite]068[/sprite]

wraith89 switched in Guts Man (lvl 100 Machamp ?).

Zapdos used Roost.

Zapdos restored 50% of its health.

---

Zapdos used Thunderbolt.

Guts Man lost 42% of its health.

Zapdos lost 23% of its health.

Zapdos became confused!

---

Zapdos is confused!

It hurt itself in its confusion!

Zapdos lost 6% of its health.

Guts Man used Rest.

Guts Man fell asleep!

Guts Man restored 59% of its health.

---

[sprite]145[/sprite] v [sprite]471[/sprite]

MewtwoEx: Wraith switches back to My Champ

Guts Man is fast asleep!

Guts Man used Sleep Talk.

Zapdos lost 22% of its health.

Zapdos is confused!

Zapdos used Roar.

wraith89 switched in Ice Man (lvl 100 Glaceon ?).

---

[sprite]212[/sprite] v [sprite]471[/sprite]

Ice Man used Ice Beam.

Scizor lost 30% of its health.

Greencat's Scizor fainted.

---

[sprite]145[/sprite] v [sprite]471[/sprite]

Greencat: I need my Zap Zap. :(

wraith89: :P

Ice Man used Ice Beam.

It's super effective!

Zapdos lost 99% of its health.

Greencat's Zapdos fainted.

---

[sprite]373[/sprite] v [sprite]471[/sprite]

wraith89: Ice Man is useful after all

wraith89: =)

Greencat: :'(

Greencat switched in Salamence (lvl 100 Salamence ?).

Salamence's intimidate cut Ice Man's attack!

Pointed stones dug into Salamence.

Salamence lost 25% of its health.

Ice Man used Ice Beam.

It's super effective!

Salamence lost 297% of its health.

Greencat's Salamence fainted.

wraith89 wins!

wraith89: gg

Greencat: :(

Greencat: GG

Greencat has left the room.

MewtwoEx has left the room.