Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokegen refusing to save with Pokemon Pearl.

Re: Pokegen refusing to save with Pokemon Pearl.

Quote Originally Posted by Bond697 View Post
    yeah, i was right the first time. there are errors with the save that the r4 wrote. either change software on the card to something better, dump and write a real pearl card with the r4, or use desmume to make the saves. crashing isn;t the best thing pokegen could do given a broken save, but this isn't a pokegen bug.
    But why is it only doing it on every Pokemon Pearl and Diamond save I make and not on Platinum, Gold, Silver, Black, White, Black 2, or White 2? Both English and Japanese versions I might add.

PMD Researcher DeveloperGame Save ResearcherEvent ContributorModeratorSuper Moderator evandixon's Avatar
    An Aperture Science lab near Treasure Town
    Blog Entries

(Codr and Bond697 are going to kill me for saying this.)
    You could try to see if Pokesav DP properly edits your save. I saved and it didn't crash. But depending on your cart it might make the save not load.

Also, be sure you're using Wood R4 if you're not.

Super Moderator Translation ContributorDeveloperGame Save ResearcherROM ResearcherRAM ResearcherIRC AOPEvent ContributorSuper Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Meguri View Post
    But why is it only doing it on every Pokemon Pearl and Diamond save I make and not on Platinum, Gold, Silver, Black, White, Black 2, or White 2? Both English and Japanese versions I might add.
    it doesn't matter. that save you gave me is broken. the footer on the "big block" in the save is empty, among other issues. try making a new one or something. the save is 100% definitely broken. maybe find a new rom, a later dump. i don't know.

e: pokegen is properly editing the save. it gets stuck when it tries to.. repair the save after making changes.

Quote Originally Posted by evandixon View Post
    (Codr and Bond697 are going to kill me for saying this.)
    You could try to see if Pokesav DP properly edits your save. I saved and it didn't crash. But depending on your cart it might make the save not load.

Also, be sure you're using Wood R4 if you're not.
    it doesn't matter. that save you gave me is broken. the footer on the "big block" in the save is empty, among other issues. try making a new one or something. the save is 100% definitely broken. maybe find a new rom, a later dump. i don't know.

e: pokegen is properly editing the save. it gets stuck when it tries to.. repair the save after making changes.
    To just make sure, I changed my Save-Game Manager and I updated my R4 with the latest Wood R4 download. I then quickly made a new save and then tried to simply changed my starter's level to 1 right after getting it. Pokegen still crashed. I don't know what to do anymore.

Super Moderator Translation ContributorDeveloperGame Save ResearcherROM ResearcherRAM ResearcherIRC AOPEvent ContributorSuper Moderator

that's a save state, not a saved game. i saved game would end in .dsv or .sav. also, either you're not using english pearl or the state is broken, because pokegen can't identify it. this is also not a pokegen bug.

what version of desmume are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Meguri View Post
    To just make sure, I changed my Save-Game Manager and I updated my R4 with the latest Wood R4 download. I then quickly made a new save and then tried to simply changed my starter's level to 1 right after getting it. Pokegen still crashed. I don't know what to do anymore.
    post the new save. i'll guarantee you it's broken like the last one.

post the new save. i'll guarantee you it's broken like the last one.
    But what would cause it now? I changed everything. I'm not using the same Save-Game Manager or version of the firmware I was originally using anymore.
    I just want to know why this is happening and a way to fix it. Once again this is only happening to every thing Pearl and Diamond version I have tried so far and no other Pokemon version.

i honestly don't know. it could be that the firmware/software on your flash card has an issue with patching dp to work. try this:

start a new game in desmume. play up to the point the game would crash. save your game in desmume. export the save as a .sav file from desmume and run it on your r4. play for a minute or whatever and then save again. see if pokegen works at that point.

i honestly don't know. it could be that the firmware/software on your flash card has an issue with patching dp to work. try this:

start a new game in desmume. play up to the point the game would crash. save your game in desmume. export the save as a .sav file from desmume and run it on your r4. play for a minute or whatever and then save again. see if pokegen works at that point.
    Weird... it works. So pretty much for Diamond and Pearl I need to make a new game directly on DeSmuME. At least it helps on the roms themselves. Too bad my actual Pearl US/J and Diamond J cart saves aren't able to be edited still.

why not? you have an r4. dump the saves.

For me, It's HeartGold that doesn't work

PMD Researcher DeveloperGame Save ResearcherEvent ContributorModeratorSuper Moderator evandixon's Avatar
    An Aperture Science lab near Treasure Town
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjiro View Post
    For me, It's HeartGold that doesn't work
    How are you playing the game? Cartridge, flashcart, or emulator? If not cartridge, which flashcart or emulator?

For those using desmume,

Try troubleshooting with the following steps:.

1. Save twice in game (at the pokedex /Pokemon/items menu )
    2. Soft reset (press L+R+START+SELECT Or Ctrl R)
    3. Don't enter "Continue"
    4. Emulator menu, export battery file/save file.

PokeGen Creator - Retired DeveloperFormer Staff

If someone's using Desmume, there is literally nothing extra that needs to be done once you save in-game...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast