HGSS Music hacking?

Hi, I'm interested in changing overworld and/or battle music in my HGSS hack.

I've seen a couple music hack videos on youtube, but no one really says how they do it, and I suspect they might not be real.

Does anyone know how to go about changing stuff like this? Can you do it through scripting, or do you need to hack a file? Is it even possible yet?

That would be fantastic! :)

Are you basically then replacing music files with other music files?

Do you know how to re-assign trainer classes or individual trainers to different battle music?

There is no way to re-assign the music for individual trainers unless they had one to begin with(Gym Leaders/Elite 4/etc)

Great find Crystal Tile 2 saves the day again, it does most of the work for you only thing i'll really add to this is that the only tools you'll get a lot of trouble from will be "Mid2sseq" since it's very temperamental and will crash half the time.

There is no way to re-assign the music for individual trainers unless they had one to begin with(Gym Leaders/Elite 4/etc)

What about a trainer class? Because that's essentially what's going on with the Gym Leaders and E4. They each have their own trainer class. Would it be possible to change the music on a whole, separate trainer class?

It looks like Kiwi can also do this sort of thing with the music files.

As long as it has a music you can change it basically i'm guessing you can assign which file to play with PPRE? I don't know I didn't get that far. I used Kiwi when I first played around with this but it seems crystal tile has better support of replacing the sound files than kiwi does. You'll probably have to go with trial and error from here on I don't think many people have tried this and the few that have.. concentrated on NSMB and not Pokemon games.