Help making my Pokemon more Legal

Sabeta

Hello, I have recently started to create Pokemon using a Hex Editor, instead of PokeSav. I like using this Method, as I myself am causing all of the change, and therefore, any and all occurances (Be it a Great Success, or total Flop) are created by me, it also gives me a Closer Bond to the Pokemon, as if I were it's Parent...or Arceus. Anywho, there are few tidbits I don't quite Understand.

1) Checksum: I want to be able to make the Check Sum, but I have no Idea about how I go about splitting things into multiple words etc. The entire Process is a Mystery to me. Until now, I've just been dropping it into TrashBytes, and that Corrects the CheckSum, but I would like to be able to solve it Myself.

2) What Significance does Block Shuffling Have, to hack a pokemon for use in a Competitive Battle, do I need to know how to do it, simple things like that. (Or are the simple?)

3) Nickname and Trainer Name: I thought that all I would have to do to convert any given Name into Hex, I would simple convert it into Decimal First, (Saying A=0, and so on) then the Decimal into Hex (Making Z=19) However, this turned out to not be the Case. Apparently, a=45, and I have no Idea how that was Derrived. Can someone Explain how to Convert things like Names into Hex Data?

4) Pokeathlon Stats: Theoratically, this should be completely controlled by a Hex Value along with everything Else. The Wiki doesn't specify this though. I would very much like to have total Control over my Power Skill Jump Etc. Stats.

I believe these are the only things I have not yet Figured out. Oh yeah, all the Trash Data scattered around that's only for Party Pokemon, how can I simulate that? Or do I need to at all (Ie: Simply dropping it in the Pc then pulling it=Corrected)

My First and Currently Only Attempt. Does this look Good?

GardevoirHex.jpg

GardevoirLegal.png

Edited by Sabeta

The only thing I can answer here is the hex letters, this is due to the game accepting more than just romanised letters. The Japanese characters are accounted for, as are punctuation marks and all that jazz. But if you know where the romanisation starts, then there's nothing else you need to know about that really (Unless you're trying to make the JP name of course)

Well the Romanisation seems to start at 45 (a), I'm guessing it goes a-z;A-Z, and hopefully right after each other with no Spaces. Hmm, makes sense I suppose (I'll try what you said on the next pokemon). Can anyone answer the other questions?

• 1 month later...