Antivirus killed PokeSAV DP, lawl.

Felidire

I booted my computer up and about 30 seconds after logging in, my Kaspersky yelled at PokeSAV D&P - called it a "Backdoor.Win32.VB.Maz" - then killed the file and made me reboot. To the best of my recollection, I downloaded that file well over 2 years ago, and I'm 100% sure this wasn't a false positive. I remember seeing a "Win32/ole was affected" message seconds before hitting the restard button.

I also noticed the guy below me had issues with the same virus on a different SAV version, and posted no less than half a day ago - "http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?10561-Platinum-pokesav-virus&p=87467"

He's also using a totally different AV,as I'm running Kaspersky Internet Security 2011.

Anyone know what's up?

Im getting the same exact thing when I try to download pokesav platinum. Im running Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. I have a full malware scan running with Malwarebytes Antimalware, but I already did a full scan with Kaspersky and it found nothing on my computer. What are the chances that 3 different people all got the same thing from other places but it only shows up when trying to download pokesav?

the chances are pretty good. malware is everywhere. kaspersky and malwarebytes aren't enough to verify that you have nothing on your pc.

i just downloaded all 3 pokesav versions from here, extracted, and ran all 3 with no issues with microsoft security essentials 2.0. mse is great and my go-to av when someone's pc is infected and their av can't fix the problem. you're either getting false positives or yours pcs are already infected.

notice that you're all running kaspersky, btw. verizon doesn't make any antimalware software, but they do license others', and i think kaspersky is what they currently give out. that last guy said he was using it.