Making eggs- what stats can I edit without it glitching into a blank spot in my party?

I enjoy making eggs. Mostly because the pokedex doesn't catch the entry unless you do. Since making them in boxes seems to freeze the game, I have been making them in my party instead.

Now I'm trying to make an Absol so that I can face the Saffron gym in HG. But when I import the save back into the cart, the egg is just a blank spot in the party instead of an actual egg. I'm thinking it has something to do with the stats you give it when you are making it, what stats can I use and which am I supposed to leave blank?

I'd put the .pkm file here just so you can see, but the attachment manager is just a blank page for me.

(PS. I hear this site is making its own save editor. I might like to beta test it when it is ready for that.)

Ok if you're using pokesav then make sure you are adding an extra pokemon to the team (It says something party members 4), when you add the egg make sure you change that to 5. That's all that I can think of anyway, I've made the weirdest .PKMs ever and the eggs have always turned out fine.

Maybe if you walk us through your creation process someone could better help you?

Though, I think this could be it.