Single Battle Wi-fi Team - Faster! Stronger! Better?

You're teams weak to offensive users, and also needs at least one mixed attacker. It's very late and I'm tired right now, but I suggest that you use Drain Punch, Substitute, Bulk Up and Ice Punch on Gallade, Lucario would owrk, but needs a custum team if you're going for Calm Mind. The subject changed multiple times, but what is your actual team atm?

[hgsssprite]242[/hgsssprite][icon]242[/icon]

Blissey @ Leftovers

Ability: Natural Care

Nature: Calm

252 Hp/252 SpD/4 Def

- Toxic

- Softboiled

- Attract

- Swagger

I like blissey on this team it should work well. I recommend a different EV spread though - 32HP 252 DEF 224 SpDEF.

If you know how to get seismic toss on your blissey then that would work wonders over swagger, and you could put aromatherapy over attract too. If not then I'm sure an attrafusing toxic stalling set such as your own would probably do a hell of a lot of good :D (Just be careful of swaggering a physical attacker, as a +2 physical assault is going to really hurt :/.)

Here's a list of possible Blissey sets. I know it's really confusing, but err I'll break it down into the options.

Blissey - Bold @ Leftovers and always 252 Defense

Seismic Toss/Thunderbolt

Softboiled/Wish/Rest

Aromatherapy/Protect/Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Counter

Toxic/Stealth Rock/Thunderwave/Flamethrower/Heal Bell/Calm Mind/ice Beam/Protect/Counter

OK. Again this is confusing but I think it could help you out.

Seismic Toss should be on every Blissey set that isn't running Calm Mind or a set that has boosted in Special Attack to counter threats. (Since I don't recommend either to be used, best stick with Seismic Toss)

Softboiled doesn't need explanation. Wish is if you want to heal the party or you like to make the Toxic stalling set with Wish/Protect/Toxic/Seismic Toss. Wish should ALWAYS be used with Protect.

Rest may seem pointless on Blissey since you can't do anything for two turns after, but Blissey has Natural Cure (of course it would have, it wasn't already unfair to begin with) and when it switches out, it's healed from status (Sleep) This is if you're going for a set meant to attack Pokes, and switch out instead of the usually stalling.

Aromatherapy heals the team, I could babble for a long time on how good this move is. Protect should only be used if you also have Wish, Toxic, or Counter. As it's also a great scouting move. Flamethrower is there to hurt steel types and also damage Ghosts who think they can Sub behind against a Blissey. Ice Beam is for Salamence and Gliscor... Both who should be 1HKO'd with Stealth Rock unless they are Roosting. Counter is just optional, and if you think about it, Blissey has such high special defense that it's physical attack bait. This move could actually 1HKO some things like Swampert who attacks you with Earthquake or a bulky Gyarados with Waterfall :D

Toxic shouldn't need explanation on a wall like this who can't do too much direct damage, and is especially useful to wear down walls, Swampert, Vaporeon, Hippowdon, Zapdos, etc

Stealth Rock is just there to let you know it can learn it, if you're using mostly offense and don't have other Stealth Rock users or something.

Thunderwave is mostly for countering fast threats, Salamence, Gengar, Lucario, Infernape, etc. Flamethrower again for Steels. Heal Bell if you're using Wish/Protect, but it doesn't allow you to use Aromatherapy with it. Calm Mind if you're using special attacks with it and actually want to try the CM set. Ice Beam was previously mentioned for its uses, as well as Counter and Protect.

And below are the sets you should actually use.

Bold @ Leftovers

Wish

Protect

Seismic Toss

Toxic/Heal Bell/Counter

Bold @ Leftovers

Seismic Toss

Softboiled

Aromatherapy/Flamethrower

Toxic/Thunderwave

Modest @ Life Orb

Thunderbolt

Ice Beam

Flamethrower

Rest

This last one is just for fun, but still usable and surprisingly usable.

Go back to how you had your team, maybe adding one of shogun's sets. AND STICK WITH IT!!! :P.

Your team was fine before. The espeon lead works like a poor man's alakazam, and baton pass does nothing for it that generally switching out wouldn't - Entry hazards are arguably more effective in the long run anyway - lasting up to a duration of the game, where as screens last 8 turns.

Earthquake is terrible on blissey because of its low attack stat. The attrafusion works well, though most people won't stay in to let you annoy them for a whole game, similarly one that focuses on thunderwave would really help your team as you have a few slower sweepers - and also has the effect of permanently crippling the opponent. Toxic stalling is your bog standard, bread and butter 'works wonders' set.

Shogun:

- Froslass

- Sceptile

- Lucario

- Gallade

- Flygon

- Blissey

Tbird:

So which move should I have for my Blissey? Toxic or Thunder Wave?

I like my Attrafusing Toxic Moveset because it works wonders for me and defeats mostly all deadly threats against my Blissey and it is my very own unique set.

I have changed my Flygon's Fire Blast to Flamethrower because Accaracy works better than Power.

I have changed my Blissey's Calm Nature to a Bold Nature due to the Low Def she has.

I have changed my Sceptile's Hp Ice to Hp Water for better coverage and just because Hp Water works better for me.

Weaknesses, just brief what comes to mind.

Lead

[hgsssprite]478[/hgsssprite][icon]478[/icon]

Froslass @ Focus Sash

Ability: Snow Cloak

Nature: Timid

252 SpA/252 Spe/4 SpD

- Ice Beam

- Spikes

- Destiny Bond

- Taunt

Trick leads - Alakazam, Azelf, Persian etc

General Scarf leads - Dragonite

Faster taunt leads - Aero = pwned by icebeam, Weavile

Special Sweeper

[shinysprite]254[/shinysprite][icon]254[/icon]

Sceptile @ Choice Specs

Ability: Overgrow

252 SpA/252 Spe/4 SpD

- Hidden Power Water

- Energy Ball

- Leaf Storm

- Focus Blast

Locked into Hp water - Breloom, gyarados, Salamence, dragonite, Metagtross Any_water_type_w/_Ice beam

Locked into energy ball - Heatran, Infernape, Blissey, Celeb, Gyarados, Salamence, dragonite, | fire/steel/grass types in general

Locked into Leaf Storm - Same as above

Locked into Focus Blast - Gengar, Rotom, Dusknoir, Gyarados, possibly salamence, but I'm not sure how much it would hurt it, same with dragonite

Special Attacker

[hgsssprite]448[/hgsssprite][icon]448[/icon]

Lucario @ Leftovers

Ability: Inner Focus

252 SpA/252 Spe/4 SpD

- Aura Sphere

- Calm Mind

- Shadow Ball

- Hidden Power Ice

Blissey, Gliscor (outspeeds and OHKO's this set w/ EQ), infernape, gyarados, scizor can hurt, flygon

Physical Attacker

[shinysprite]475[/shinysprite][icon]475[/icon]

Gallade @ Leftovers

Ability: Steadfast

Nature: Jolly

252 Atk/252 Spe/4 SpD

- Substitute

- Bulk Up

- Night Slash

- Close Combat

Any late game taunters such as gyardos, hazers and phazers such as swampert, skarmory, weezing, suicune. Walled by spiritomb.

Revenge Scouter

[shinysprite]330[/shinysprite][icon]330[/icon]

Flygon @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Levitate

Nature: Lonely

252 Atk/252 Spe/4 SpD

- Outrage

- Earthquake

- U-turn

- Fire Blast

If you don't keep this is for more than a turn or two, then this thing shouldn't have any weakness. You want fire blast on the set as Flygon needs all the power it can get. However:

Locked into EQ any levitaters - Gengar, gyarados, azelf, salamence, dragonite, flygon, rotom etc etc.

Locked into outrage Vaporeon, suicune, gliscor, forretress, metagross, steelix, skarmory.

Locked into Fire Blast Heatran, suicune, blissey.

Attrafusing Toxic Staller

[hgsssprite]242[/hgsssprite][icon]242[/icon]

Blissey @ Leftovers

Ability: Natural Care

Nature: Bold

32 Hp/224 SpD/252 Def

- Toxic

- Softboiled

- Attract

- Swagger

Breloom, infernape - insert physical sweeper here - Anything with taunt, anything with substitute, steel types and special attackers in a way, as swagger won't be too much of a bother, though toxic will hurt them.

Those are my blatently obvious weaknesses that I can see. However your team should have most of them covered. Bulky waters and gyarados look Like they may pose threats, so if you can allocate a move for hp electric/thunderbolt/_electric attack_ then cool. However seeing as most bulky waters attack from the special side, and seeing as swampert won't hurt blissey too much, toxic stalling should remove those problems.

I'm too tired to tell you how you counter those weaknesses, but in looking at ways you think you can counter them, you should devise a better strategy.

Sword Dance Lucario and Sword Dance Scizor can destroy your whole team after a Life Orb Sword Dance. Lucario's Extremespeed and Scizor's Bullet Punch 1HKO everything except for Lucario and Blissey (not 100% sure about the ladder though). Also don't expect Lucario to be able to stop Scizor or survive Extremespeed if your Lucario is not with a lot of health still. I guess I should say that you're weak to offense and stall, which you could somewhat break using Gliscor w/ Earthquake, Toxic, Taunt and Roost :)

Thanks Shogun and Tbird for the info.

I have defeated many Swords Dance or Extremespeed Lucario and Scizor using my Sceptile's Old Moveset as follow.

[shinysprite]254[/shinysprite][icon]254[/icon]

Sceptile @ Choice Specs

Ability: Overgrow

252 SpA/252 Spe/4 SpD

- Energy Ball

- Dragon Pulse

- Focus Blast

- Hidden Power Water