Single Battle Wi-fi Team - Faster! Stronger! Better?

Lead

[hgsssprite]395[/hgsssprite][icon]395[/icon]

Empoleon @ Focus Sash

Ability: Torrent

Nature: Modest

156 Hp/252 SpA/100 Spe

- Stealth Rock

- Ice Beam

- Hydro Pump

- Aqua Jet

Special Sweeper

[shinysprite]254[/shinysprite][icon]254[/icon]

Sceptile @ Choice Specs

Ability: Overgrow

Nature: Timid

252 SpA/252 Spe/4 SpD

- Hidden Power Water

- Energy Ball

- Leaf Storm

- Focus Blast

Special Attacker

[hgsssprite]448[/hgsssprite][icon]448[/icon]

Lucario @ Leftovers

Ability: Inner Focus

Nature: Timid

252 SpA/252 Spe/4 SpD

- Aura Sphere

- Calm Mind

- Shadow Ball

- Hidden Power Ice

Physical Attacker

[shinysprite]475[/shinysprite][icon]475[/icon]

Gallade @ Leftovers

Ability: Steadfast

Nature: Jolly

252 Atk/252 Spe/4 SpD

- Substitute

- Bulk Up

- Night Slash

- Close Combat

Revenge Scouter

[shinysprite]330[/shinysprite][icon]330[/icon]

Flygon @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Levitate

Nature: Lonely

252 Atk/252 Spe/4 SpD

- Outrage

- Earthquake

- U-turn

- Fire Blast

Attrafusing Toxic Staller

[hgsssprite]242[/hgsssprite][icon]242[/icon]

Blissey @ Leftovers

Ability: Natural Care

Nature: Bold

32 Hp/224 SpD/252 Def

- Toxic

- Softboiled

- Attract

- Swagger

Edited by Riolu Aura Sphere Now

Ok well this looks like it needs a fair bit of work at the moment, however you could use the basis of typhlosion/sceptile/froslass to make a workable UU team. PM me if you want help with that.

Usually I wouldnt recommend Hidden power for Wifi Teams, however you have listed Hidden Power moves so I suppose you have access to them.

[hgsssprite]478[/hgsssprite][icon]478[/icon]

Froslass @ Focus Sash

Snow Cloak @ Timid (+Spe - Atk)

252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe/6 Hp

- Ice Beam

- Spikes

- Destiny Bond

- Taunt

Ok, Well Typhlosion makes no sort of lead out side of scarf eruption, however froslass makes a much better utility lead with access to taunt spikes and destiny bond. This set works better in UU, however can be workable in OU with the respectable base speed 115. Taunt things that are slower, s[ike while you can and dbond when they are ready to KO you. Simple :)

[hgsssprite]157[/hgsssprite][icon]157[/icon]

Typhlosion @ Leftovers

Blaze @ Adamant (+Atk - Spatk)

Ev: 252 Atk/252 Hp/6 def < Or any solid defensive configuration you can think of (I would take from atk and stack the defence, as howl does the boosting for you in regards to atk.)

- Howl

- Flare Blitz

- Sleep Talk

- Rest

I think we spoke about this before, eruption is NOT a good idea with Sleep talk. For the sleep talk set I have put the set that I recommended last time. if you are playing via wifi, arcanine can pass both Howl and flare blitz to typhlosion.

If you want to use eruption effectively you are really going to need the choice scarf OR some really heavy paralysis support. Here's a reasonable enough scarf set

Typhlosion (M) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Blaze

EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd

Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Eruption

- Fire Blast

- Focus Blast

- Solarbeam

Eruption is your first off the bat move at 100%. Focus blast nis the for coverage and nails tyranitar and heatran. The latter of which would make you pay for using eruption. Fire blast is the for when health is low, and solar beam nails water switch ins, this set requires ALOT of prediction and ... well luck. But, will be better than the sleep talk set.

[hgsssprite]254[/hgsssprite][icon]254[/icon]

Sceptile @ Life Orb/Choice Specs

Overgrow @ Timid(+Spe - Atk)

252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe/6 Hp

- Hp (Water)

- Energy Ball

- Dragon Pulse

- Focus Blast

This should work well, however is probably best suited to choice specs

You could use this as a physical complement to typhlosion by abusing sceptile's movepool including enough viable physical attacks with a boosting move in swords dance.

Sceptile (M) @ Life Orb

Ability: Overgrow

Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)

- HP Ice/Earthquake/Focus Blast/Leaf Storm

- Thunder Punch/Outrage

- Swords Dance

- Seed Bomb/Leaf Blade

A lot of options available for you here. Swords dance + grass move is your bog standard boost + STAB Atack. and the rest is up to you really/ Thunder punch is a safe move that hits things that resist the grass typing for neutral. The last move is for taking down pokemon that pose threats in general. HP Ice takes down dragons, and most important Gliscor, focus blast takes down Ttar, Earthquake kills heatran and Leafstorm is a nice move to hit people from the oposite side of the spectrum. Hp Fire is a risky move but hurts scizor and forretress.

Lucario @ Leftovers

Inner Focus @ Hasty (+Spe - Def)/ Timid (+ Spe - Atk)

252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe/6 Hp

- Aura Sphere/Close Combat

- Water Pulse/Calm mind

- Dragon Pulse/ Hidden Power Ice

- Shadow Ball

This can work well but really does need calm mind :/. Close combat is an option over Aura Sphere To hit Blissey. Hidden Power Ice will hurt dragons more than Dpulse, and OHKO it's most common switch in - Gliscor.

[hgsssprite]475[/hgsssprite][icon]475[/icon]

Gallade @ Leftovers

Steadfast @ Jolly (+ Spe - Spatk)

252 Atk/252 Spe/6 Hp

- Bulk Up

- Stone Edge/Ice Punch/Substitute

- Night Slash

- Close Combat

Gallad has fantastic Spdef so if you can switch into a non boosted special attack , or switch into a special attacker or just into some who Gallade threatens, you throw up substitue and bulk up to remove the poor def of Gallade. Close Combat is for stab, night slash give you damn near perfect coverage. Ice punch is an option over substitute if you're again scared of gliscor (which by the looks of the team so far, you should be unless you throw the listed ice attacks that I have already listed onto the allocated pokemon)

[hgsssprite]330[/hgsssprite][icon]330[/icon]

Flygon @ Choice Scarf

Levitate @ Lonely (+atk -Def)

252 Atk/252 Spe/6 Hp

- OUtrage

- Earthquake

- U-turn

- Fire Blast

This set makes for a brilliant revenge killer and general team scouter. Outrage + Earthquake are phenomenal STAB attacks with great coverage. Fire blast nails Forry and scizor, while U-turn is for scouting purposes

I hope that helps :)

If you want to use eruption effectively you are really going to need the choice scarf OR some really heavy paralysis support. Here's a reasonable enough scarf set

Typhlosion (M) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Blaze

Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Eruption

- Fire Blast

- Focus Blast

- Solarbeam

Eruption is your first off the bat move at 100%. Focus blast nis the for coverage and nails tyranitar and heatran. The latter of which would make you pay for using eruption. Fire blast is the for when health is low, and solar beam nails water switch ins, this set requires ALOT of prediction and ... well luck. But, will be better than the sleep talk set.

Yup ^^^ That's the best I can think of as typhlosion lacks the speed in both OU and UU to effectively and consistently use eruption

[hgsssprite]157[/hgsssprite][icon]157[/icon]

Typhlosion @ Leftovers

Blaze @ Hasty (+Spe -Def)

Ev: 252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe/6 Hp

- Focus Blast

- Eruption

- Sleep Talk

- Rest

Unless your name is Heatran, running a Rest Talk set on a Fire type is risky. Fire types are generally frail, and take super effective or neutral damage to the most common types of attacks in the game (Fighting, Ground, Water) as well as SR damage + damage to weather if it's up. Finally, your -Def nature doesn't help.

I'd recommend the Scarf version of Typhlosion, but you don't have anyone using Stealth Rock, which is literally the most important move in the entire game. Aerodactyl is fairly easy to come by. Use it.

Aerodactyl w/ Focus Sash

Jolly/Hasty/Naive (use the latter two only if Jolly isn't available to you)

Pressure

- Taunt

- Stealth Rock

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge/Rock Slide/Rock Tomb/Toxic

If it's slow and without a priority move, Taunt first, then lay down Stealth Rock. If it's another Aerodactyl or has a priority move (like Metagross often does, or Dragonite), Stealth Rock first.

Earthquake + Rock attack gives you the best overall coverage. Toxic is an okay choice if you want to wear down bulky non-Steel type leads like Swampert.

Stall Sweeper - Focus Blast is a great move to have with 252 Sp. Atk. Eruption + Rest + Sleep Talk + Leftovers is a great combo.

Lucario, Sceptile, Flygon, and Gallade are all quite literally doing the same thing. They are all Life Orb sweepers with little differnce in how they play out. The Pokemon choices aren't bad, but the sets chosen for them are.

The lead's fine, as Randomspot says, aero would be better in some, if not all instances, but if you wanna run froslass it can work as I said so I see no problems there.

Sceptile is a really good specs user so looking fine there.

Lucario I still recommend using the calm mind mixed set I suggested, as three choice locked pokes can often be hard to work with, and it never hurts to have a wall breaker.

Gallade is looking fine.

Flygon IMO functions much better as a revenge killer.

Sunnybeam typhlosion is a waste on a non sunny day team, really. And I stand by my scarf claim. Though with all the choicers you have on the team already you render it a little unviable. Each choice locked pokemon provides the oponant set up time.

Yes and no, on the Flygon front. With a choice scarf it will revenge kill most things (including +1 Gyarados), with out it, ir's more of a late game cleaner-upper. And you really need something that is going to kill something and put you in an advantageous position. (such as Killing with U-turn giving you the chance to decide who you want to put out next instead of being locked into Stone edge and giving TTar time to set up.)

Seriously I urge you to just try out the scarfed version of typhlosion, all of the other sets rquire WAY too much support, and your team just doesnt provide such support, where as the scarfed version can well function quite independantly. At the moment with all the swapping and changing of its set and uncertainty as to how to play it you may as well swap it out and throw in a wall, because your team doesn't have any strong defences at the moment. Like randomspot said earlier, the pokemon choices are good, just some of the sets are working. I don't mean to sound my-way-or-the-highway, but with a pokemon as risky as typhlosion you really ant to be playing the right set or just not bothering, otherwise it will cause you to fall.

If you make lucario a physical sweeper then it is doing the same job as gallade, just with priority, in which case Lucario is out shining Gallade, and providing you a spot of which to put a nice defensive wall. Passed typhlosion, you are not that weak to stealth rocks, so a spinning wall isn't generally necessary, however, if you put something like Uxie in Gallades place you have a nice wall with great synergy with lucario. So now I recommend this set in place of Gallade:

Auxi (Uxie) @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef

Relaxed nature (+ Def,- Spe)

- Reflect

- Heal Bell

- U-turn

- Psychic

But then with another UU pokemon on the team it begs the question why you don't just remove flygon for someone similar in the UU ranks and replace Lucario with something like toxicroak and just make it a full blown UU team.

Anyway that's the best I can do for now, it's getting late and I'm tired xD.

I just tested out my team when battling against Gowon Wi-fi Team that Tbird was helping him on and I won the battle.

Gowon defeated 3 of the my following Pokémon lol!

So far my team is working out, but I will need to get used to using the chosen Moveset since I am not use to using Movesets like that.

I just tested out my team when battling against Gowon Wi-fi Team that Tbird was helping him on and I won the battle.

Gowon defeated 3 of the my following Pokémon lol!

So far my team is working out, but I will need to get used to using the chosen Moveset since I am not use to using Movesets like that.

Well the team isn't going to be getting 6-0s. And if you're not used to set up sweepers then this'll explain why your sweepers fell. And the lead only needs to set spikes, after that, it doesn't really matter if it gets KO.

So I would take that as a good win :)

Yes, I was debating over using Taunt or Spikes for my Froslass, but Gowon's lead was an Azelf w/ Choice Scarf and Azelf used Trick and Azelf and Froslass switch items. Azelf gained Focus Sash and Froslass gained Choice Scarf and I had used Taunt over Spikes before Azelf's Trick. So that was my mistake lol.

After the Trick was over, I switched in my Gallade and Azelf used Fire Blast and I took little damage thanks to Gallade massive Sp. Def. So I used Night Slash and almost defeated Azelf after taking severe damage from Azelf's Psychic, but survived and finished Azelf off with another Night Slash xD.

I might challange Gowon to another battle tomorrow and test out my team again.

After the Trick was over, I switched in my Gallade and Azelf used Fire Blast and I took little damage thanks to Gallade massive Sp. Def. So I used Night Slash and almost defeated Azelf after taking severe damage from Azelf's Psychic, but survived and finished Azelf off with another Night Slash xD.

Seriously :o :O :o, it took psychic and fire blast? That's pretty sick I gotta say. Nice one man.

Thanks Tbird, but I was think that if I had used Bulk Up first after Azelf's Fire Blast, it would boost Gallade's Atk and Def and would take little damage and then used Night Slash on Azelf, I would of win, but that would only work if Azelf and Froslass did not switch items.

I am thinking that if I switch my stragety around just a little, this idea will really work, right?

Well actually, just crunched me some figures and you can OHKO azelf without the boost, you must have just got a low roll on the RNG. I would say in this situation you usually want to throw up a sub asap, as azelf should be switching out, then you bulk up behind the sub, and attack the next turn. I'm a try and work you a good EV set for that gallade so that you can get a bulk up in most situations (if possible). I'll be back in about ten mins with it.

Gallade (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Steadfast

EVs: 92 Atk/100 Def/104 Spd/212 SDef

Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Bulk Up

- Substitute

- Night Slash

- Brick Break

Ok with this you can switch into a lot of things. Pretty much anything locked into pursuit (such as scizor and tyrnitar) become epic set up bait for you. If you have stealth rocks up, (this may mean chaging your lead to somethng like aero) you can bulk up throw heatrans flamethrower/dragonpulse/earthpower and OHKO with brick break (most of the time theres like a 10% chance that you won't) .. however watch out for fire blast. Jirachi locked into iron head is your best switch in hiowever, the initial iron head won't OHKO, and the second after bulk won't either, however if it flinches you get a +1 speed boost along with your bulk up boost, making you really quick dominant. I would however, leave gallade for late game. While it can set up in the face of big hitters, it doesn't want to be bombarded by them. You also want to have removed gliscor and forretress from the opposition, lest you get walled out. Give it a try, if you don't like it then stick to the old set. I was just feeling creative xD.

And I haven't actually tried it out, but on paper it works wonders.

Ok, I will try it out, but how come Brick Break over Close Combat?

Also, if I gave Choice Scarf to Sceptile instead of Choice Specs, will it still work? I prefer Speed over Power.

Brick break because the stat drop that close combat brings isn't all that great.

With a base speed of 120 + 252 EVs + Timid nature is about as fast as they come :o. With that huge drop in power, you'd gain the ability to out speed Jolteon and and Aero (and other choice scarfers). Jolteon isn't a problem as it probably won't be able to hurt you anyway (most run HP grass to take out swampert) and aero ... well aero should have been disposed of by the time you bring sceptile out. I suppose it is all down to preference, but the power drop just isn't worth the small speed advantage; IMO anyway.

I'd recommend that you just try them out before you actually make them part of the team (especially Gallade). Whereas I prefer to have a lot of bulk where it can be had, you might favour a quick set up + sweep, so just make sure you test them first and tweak where you deem necessary.

If they work for you then keep them in. If it's not working then stick to what you had :)

EDIT ... to your edit: I'm saying most Jolteon run HP grass, and showing you why out speeding jolteon isn't necessary.

Well barring fire types HP Ice hits the prior 3 pokemon for 4x damage as opposed to 2x damage, and flygon OHKO's both infernape and heatran. And I believe anything in UU too, though don't hold me to that lol. So, again IMO, HP Ice is better as you have fire covered with Flygon.

Though I suppose you may get a few Surprise KO's with HP water. But another down side is if you're locked into HP water you give Suicune time to set, vaporeon a free 25% health and lose neutra/super effectl coverage over a lot of pokemon too (breloom can easily come in and set up etc).

Trust me when I tell you that I know how to use my team very effectively and Suicune and Vaporeon can set up all they want, but they will not be able to lay a good attack on me. Breloom doesn't concern me either as you know Breloom doesn't have any good move set that can really deal some damage to my Sceptile. Usually when my Sceptile is in danger, I always switch in to another Pokémon and likely defeat it.

I had always been able to use Hp Water more effectively than Hp Ice when it comes down to using my Sceptile lol.

Hp Water has been more useful to me than Hp Ice and when ever I use Hp Ice, it doesn't work out better than Dragon Pulse. For some strange reason when I use Dragon Pulse, it has been more deadly than Hp Ice. Don't get me wrong, but I am more deadly with Hp Water than Hp Ice.

As randomspot555 said, I have chosen good Pokémon, but lacked the desire move set. Now that I have the disired move set, I can now use my team in full effect. I have been practicing using my team and I now have full control at using my team at full effect.

Edited by Riolu Aura Sphere Now