Is it possible to tell if a Pokemon is 100% legit?

DarkGuy/LoJo

Hence making the whole idea of "legitimate" meaning something different than "legal" completely pointless.

If the Pokemon's data is flawless, what difference does it make how it was created? It's all in your head.

I see. Then would you think these two Pokemon would be consider as legit ? (or anyone?)

http://img693.imageshack.us/i/kjnjk.png/ <--Shiny Ageto Celebi

http://img153.imageshack.us/i/jjbh.png/ <-- Shiny Manaphy

I see. Then would you think these two Pokemon would be consider as legit ? (or anyone?)

There are quite a few different methods used for genuine PIDs. I'm not familiar with all of them, or which ones match which Pokemon. Someone else might have more knowledge about it though. (I just don't have much experience with event Pokemon in general.)

There are quite a few different methods used for genuine PIDs. I'm not familiar with all of them, or which ones match which Pokemon. Someone else might have more knowledge about it though. (I just don't have much experience with event Pokemon in general.)

Ah ok then :)

It would be helpful if anyone would help :)

Yep. If you caught/went to the event/hatched it yourself in your game cart, it's legit.

If a Pokemon you receive elsewhere falls under legal boundaries, it's only legal, since you don't know it's origins.

What about official event Pokémon that have been distributed? Would that be legit, because it came from an official source, or legal, because it does not occur naturally in-game?

What about official event Pokémon that have been distributed? Would that be legit, because it came from an official source, or legal, because it does not occur naturally in-game?
Yep. If you caught/went to the event/hatched it yourself in your game cart, it's legit.

If a Pokemon you receive elsewhere falls under legal boundaries, it's only legal, since you don't know it's origins.

Answer in bold.